TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 Lottery?

cornfay

My dealer called me yesterday who works for a dealership that is not an SVT or Presidents Award winning dealer and he told me that all of the SVT, and Presdents award dealers will get a car and then the remeining Shelbys will be put into a lottery. Has anyone else heard this. I am #1 with this smaller dealership and I have had my deposit down since 11/15/05 and I feel like I am about to get the shaft. Please respond if you can disprove what I have heard, or let me know if anyone else is getting this bad news.

My dealer called me yesterday who works for a dealership that is not an SVT or Presidents Award winning dealer and he told me that all of the SVT, and Presdents award dealers will get a car and then the remeining Shelbys will be put into a lottery. Has anyone else heard this. I am #1 with this smaller dealership and I have had my deposit down since 11/15/05 and I feel like I am about to get the shaft. Please respond if you can disprove what I have heard, or let me know if anyone else is getting this bad news.

FiveOhB explained this 'lottery' in another post. You might want to try searching around. From what I understand, small, non-SVT dealers, called 'select' dealers, are grouped together into their own 'region' apart from large dealers in the same physical region. Shelbys will then be allocated to each of these select dealers via a lottery system. They are all still getting their promised allocation; the lottery is just used to choose when they are allocated to each dealer. This system is used to even the playing field between large and small dealers. If allocations were governed solely by dealer size, SVT status and sales volumes, all the small dealers would not see any Shelbys until late in the production runs. This grouping of select dealers into their own region and using a lottery allows smaller dealers a better chance of getting cars sooner. I think it is a good thing for us who ordered from small dealers.

I'm not sure if this is exactly how it works, but I think it's the general idea. FiveOhB or ISellFord could explain this better.

FiveOhB explained this 'lottery' in another post. You might what to try searching around. From what I understand, small, non-SVT dealers, called 'select' dealers, are grouped together into their own 'region' apart from large dealers in the same physical region. Shelbys will then be allocated to each of these select dealers via a lottery system. They are all still getting their promised allocation; the lottery is just used to choose when they are allocated to each dealer. This system is used to even the playing field between large and small dealers. If allocations were governed solely by dealer size, SVT status and sales volumes, all the small dealers would not see any Shelbys until late in the production runs. This grouping of select dealers into their own region and using a lottery allows smaller dealers a better chance of getting cars sooner. I think it is a good thing for us who ordered from small dealers.

I'm not sure if this is exactly how it works, but I think it's the general idea. FiveOhB or ISellFord could explain this better.

I believe you are right about the "Lottery" for the small dealers. There will also be a "Drawing" at the winter dealers meeting in August. Some of the Production was set aside and will given out via a drawing for dealers that attend the meeting. they did this with the Ford GT also. The rest of the units will go to the large dealers in what is called "Share of Nation"

Bud

From what I've read here and elsewhere, my understanding is

that this "lottery" would only be a way to schedule the first run cars (JOB1= 3800 cars or so?) that are slated to satisfy allocations of the 'select' and non-SVT dealers.

The select dealers and other non-SVT dealers would still get a car out of JOB1

Share of nation cars would come after all dealers get their first allocation

3800 to 9000 = share of nation

This is my interpretation - is it right ??

From what I've read here and elsewhere, my understanding is

that this "lottery" would only be a way to schedule the first run cars (JOB1= 3800 cars or so?) that are slated to satisfy allocations of the 'select' and non-SVT dealers.

The select dealers and other non-SVT dealers would still get a car out of JOB1

Share of nation cars would come after all dealers get their first allocation

3800 to 9000 = share of nation

This is my interpretation - is it right ??

That would seem to make sense. Since a large portion of "Select" dealers probably will get only one car, the lottery should apply to the first run allocation. I've got the #1 spot at my small dealer, so I'm very interested in how this lottery works, particularly the timing.

I seem to have also read this somewhere also:

non-SVT dealers (but are certified to sell the Shelby) fall under the wing of the regional rep so they would get scheduled using that process

'Select' dealers are not 'contact' dealers so they are not assigned a regional rep.

So, the lottery only afftects the 'select' dealers

I seem to have also read this somewhere also:

non-SVT dealers (but are certified to sell the Shelby) fall under the wing of the regional rep so they would get scheduled using that process

'Select' dealers are not 'contact' dealers so they are not assigned a regional rep.

So, the lottery only afftects the 'select' dealers

Select or contact dealers get Shelby scheduled the same way. Select dealers will probably be at the end of the line. They are still part of the regions.

There is no "lottery" for Shelby allocation. We had a lottery for Ford GT but will not for GT500. We will be giving away some Shelby allocation at the Spring Dealer Meeting as a reward to those dealers that come out to Vegas in August for the intro show.......

Does anyone know when this "lottery" drawing is supposed to take place? Is it a single event where all Select dealers will receive their place in line, or will allocations be drawn one at a time throughout the year?

Excellent question! In your recent calls to SVT did you have any chance to follow-up on this? :sos:

My dealer was waiting for the lottery results as well. Don't know when I will get my red/white coupe either and waiting for it is going to be painful!! I hope I get it before the snow falls...

Let us know if you find out anything...

thought that I read somewhere that the "lottery" will take place at a Ford national sales meeting (in Vegas?) sometime in August.

I thought that was just a special give-away for the sales meeting attendees and not the actual select dealer lottery.

Archived