TEAM SHELBY FORUM

factory build sheets

BadTony

I haven't taken possession yet, but I have a 15 page build sheet on mine. It tells the serial number of the engine, serial number of the transmission, the numbers on the wiring harnesses, etc. An insider got it for me as a favor for helping him out. Don't know how to get it otherwise. That would be awesome if it comes in the car.

My guy doesn't give me anything.....

like a Dora, like a VIN, like a VOC, like a build date, etc, etc......

But I'll try him for the factory build sheets.....what the hell!!!

KingCobra.

factory build sheets do not come from a dealer - they are typically applied in a little plastic pouch up inside the rear bumper at the factory. Kind of like a shipping mainifest

Interesting ,never knew that -- Thanks Awatters

factory build sheets do not come from a dealer - they are typically applied in a little plastic pouch up inside the rear bumper at the factory. Kind of like a shipping mainifest

orangesnake, can you check your sister's car and see if it's in the rear bumper somewhere?

Thanks,

Dave

Did Orangesnake ever find out about this?

I'm thinking the Ford service departments have access to this info. When I brought my Ranger to my friend at Ford service because I was trying to figure out which of two 5-spd trannys it had, he put the VIN into their service system and it came up with a list of everything that went into the vehicle, similar to what the build sheet sounds like (I'm just guessing on the info bein similar, but it sure seemed that way).

Does anyone know what happens to build sheet? Does the dealer usually pull it during prep or is it left in place?

for both my last two stangs (my 2001 Bullit and also my 03 Cobra) thats where I found them. I physically had to lay on my back and reach up inside the back bumper and feel around. But it was in there.

for both my last two stangs (my 2001 Bullit and also my 03 Cobra) thats where I found them. I physically had to lay on my back and reach up inside the back bumper and feel around. But it was in there.

Very cool to know.. thanks, aw.

I am not saying that is is one. I want to know if there is one just like previos models.

Yeah, understand.... I was jumping ahead I guess... I figure that if that's Ford's 'MO' (tuck it in the car somewhere) I doubt that this car would be any different. We shall see...

<edit:> I believe my 68 had it tucked up under the dash (or maybe I'm dreaming that, but I think it was)

I'll be looking for it when I pick up my car.

Cool piece to have!!!

Let us know what you find orangesnake.

KingCobra.

Well, I've taken off both doors, both front fenders, removed the rear seat, unbolted both front seats, removed the package shelf and headliner, pulled the gauge panel out, and removed the interior carpet...and I still can't find the build sheet!!!

Juuuuuussstttt kidddinnng.....I don't even have my car yet. :hysterical::hysterical:

Well, I've taken off both doors, both front fenders, removed the rear seat, unbolted both front seats, removed the package shelf and headliner, pulled the gauge panel out, and removed the interior carpet...and I still can't find the build sheet!!!

Juuuuuussstttt kidddinnng.....I don't even have my car yet. :hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe they'll take the "Mission Impossible" approach and stuff it in the tailpipe ... you know, "will self-destruct in 5 minutes," etc.. :hysterical:

Archived