TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long from build to delivery?

My dealer emailed me last Friday and said my Shelby will be built the 2nd week of July, but he doesn't have a VIN yet. Assuming that my car will in fact be built then, does anyone have a good idea when my GT500 will be delivered? I have an '05 Mustang GT I need to sell.... :sos:

Once you get the VIN, you can call Ford at 1-800-392-3673 - select option 4, then 1 for english, then 2. Tell the operator your VIN, and they can kepp you very updated. Usually it's 2 weeks from build. THey are building mine this week, and the ETA to the dealer is 7-13

Once you get the VIN, you can call Ford at 1-800-392-3673 - select option 4, then 1 for english, then 2. Tell the operator your VIN, and they can kepp you very updated. Usually it's 2 weeks from build. THey are building mine this week, and the ETA to the dealer is 7-13

Damn, that fast?! :woohoo: Thanks for the phone number and the input! :shift:

My dealer emailed me last Friday and said my Shelby will be built the 2nd week of July, but he doesn't have a VIN yet. Assuming that my car will in fact be built then, does anyone have a good idea when my GT500 will be delivered? I have an '05 Mustang GT I need to sell.... :sos:

My scheduled build was the week of 6/19. My dealer called and the delivery moved up from 7/4 to 6/30.

My scheduled build was the week of 6/19. My dealer called and the delivery moved up from 7/4 to 6/30.

My car was built the same week (more specifically, it was built on 6/23). The dealer told me they had a delivery date of 7/7 but when I called the 800 number and inquired they told me 7/14. I don't know if the dealer was being optimistic or Ford just put in a week for unexpected delays or prep. Either way, from these posts it looks like about 2 1/2 weeks from build to delivery according to the dealers who have responded. Did you call the 800 number with your VIN? Very painless and pretty quick.

I think Old Guy's about right - 2 1/2 weeks. If there's any long distance involved, there will be several folks involved in the transfer. From what I've learned for my case (Southeast VA), the car is moved (by truck I assume) to the rail pickup point and onloaded to a rail car, at some point that rail car is transferred to another railroad that drops it (oops, poor choice of words) in MD to be trucked to the dealer.

Archived