TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Material hold...

MYGT500

You may want to do a search on that "material hold" because it has been discussed thouroughly on this forum. But, I will say that once it is in the system and waiting for its turn in being built, it is listed as "material hold". We have been told that the assembly plant does not stock parts for months worth of assemblies. Instead, they stock for a week or two (something like that). They keep at hand what they can use and replenish as they need it. If it is on the assembly line, it is listed as "bucked". When it is done, it will be "produced" and that still does not mean that the stripes are on!

I read today on another forum that they are being very meticulous with the GT500s and are taking about a week to get them from "bucked" to "produced".

You may want to do a search on that "material hold" because it has been discussed thouroughly on this forum. But, I will say that once it is in the system and waiting for its turn in being built, it is listed as "material hold". We have been told that the assembly plant does not stock parts for months worth of assemblies. Instead, they stock for a week or two (something like that). They keep at hand what they can use and replenish as they need it. If it is on the assembly line, it is listed as "bucked". When it is done, it will be "produced" and that still does not mean that the stripes are on!

I read today on another forum that they are being very meticulous with the GT500s and are taking about a week to get them from "bucked" to "produced".

Interesting....where'd ya read that?

Thanks.

Bucky....er, BJ

Both cars at my dealership have 'material hold' and neither of them even have a VIN yet?????

My car is in the same situation. My dealer (only one car, non-SVT) finally spoke with his regional sales rep.

Says that they are waiting for the lottery results before my car will go any further.

I just need to sit tight and wait. Boy that's going to be tough when some people on this board start getting their cars and reporting on their experiences!

Archived