TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vista blue convertible GT500 is IN!!!

orangesnake

NO the guy who paid $600,000+ got the 1st one, You were suppost to get #2....feel better now?

Sorry,

first - $600,000

second - "the man" shelby

third - me

fourth - you

be patient my friend, don't be stressed.... when it arrives just enjoy it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry,

first - $600,000

second - "the man" shelby

third - me

fourth - you

be patient my friend, don't be stressed.... when it arrives just enjoy it.

No stress for me....But I am using the Force. The way I see it, mine should be here just in time for Santa to deliver it...Better yet, Mrs. Clause can deliver it ...NO elves, just her :happy feet:

How do you figure Dave? It looked like it was part of the ceremony first the Orange coupe off the line then Shelby's Black vert.

Insiders want to know!

Cheers,

Requis

Ha! I'd love to take credit for 'being in the know', however, it was Son of GT that first made mention of Mr. Shelby acquiring Shelby #13. http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=1791

He may of got car #13, but what I'm trying to say is he got the second car which hit the street.

If he got car #13 then mine was car #495 according to the vin numbers. :shift:

Ah don't be so modest Amily! For all of us here you are still #1!

Regardless, I'd be surprised if Mr Shelby or Mr Pratt have even 'officially' taken delivery of their GT500's.

The Key Ceremony at AAI was more than likely for show only.

Both Shelby and Pratt may have one of the first GT500's produced, according to VIN order, but I wouldn't be surprised if Your Shelby was THE first Shelby registered privately in the USA!!

One interesting thing. If you go to this Site's GT500 Registry page and scroll down, there's a member named barbarron who's posted a photo with his/her wife/husband and their Shelby! http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...tem&CID=138

He/She has posted that they took delivery of their Shelby on June 26th somewhere in Kentucky.

Who is this Elusive barbarron and why has he/she not come forward to this Forum to share their tale of GT500 ownership? Somebody PM this person immediatley!! :sos:

post-2683-1152243643_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1152243643_thumb.jpg

If he got car #13 then mine was car #495 according to the vin numbers. :shift:

You can't say anything about your car's "place in line" by the VIN number. See Five Oh B's explanation of this a while back if you want more info. Basically, the VIN's are assigned across the whole product line (the VIN's next to yours may have been a V6 or a GT/CS) and are NOT produced consecutively.

Ah don't be so modest Amily! For all of us here you are still #1!

Regardless, I'd be surprised if Mr Shelby or Mr Pratt have even 'officially' taken delivery of their GT500's.

The Key Ceremony at AAI was more than likely for show only.

Both Shelby and Pratt may have one of the first GT500's produced, according to VIN order, but I wouldn't be surprised if Your Shelby was THE first Shelby registered privately in the USA!!

One interesting thing. If you go to this Site's GT500 Registry page and scroll down, there's a member named barbarron who's posted a photo with his/her wife/husband and their Shelby! http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...tem&CID=138

He/She has posted that they took delivery of their Shelby on June 26th somewhere in Kentucky.

Who is this Elusive barbarron and why has he/she not come forward to this Forum to share their tale of GT500 ownership? Somebody PM this person immediatley!! :sos:

That's the one from the McDonalds drive-thru we seen posted :hysterical: ! or should I say the one that busted one of the test drivers before it was delivered. :hysterical:

I wonder if it still smells like fries? :hysterical:

That's the one from the McDonalds drive-thru we seen posted :hysterical: ! or should I say the one that busted one of the test drivers before it was delivered. :hysterical:

T

Testing photos

1= 3;2 2= 3 3=1 4=vga flash 5= vga 6= 5

T

Testing photos

1= 3;2 2= 3 3=1 4=vga flash 5= vga 6= 5

Well, ya know, they were just testing it for it's owner's intended purpose :hysterical:

I would question that with Your sweet little collection, JBJ, does it matter?!? :shrug:;)

Like I said, just curious if I am getting robbed. I just feel that I should have gotten a better deal with the business I do at the dealership, but I wanted the car so badly and I felt safer doing it at my usual dealer than on Ebay or what not. Thanks for the compliment on the collection. My father helped my build it.

Hey, Amily... whatcha doing in here? .... I expected to never hear from ya again once you got behind the wheel of that vista-blue beauty ;-)

------------------------

Snif, snif... yep...

that red one... there's french fries in there! :hysterical2:

-------------------------

I hope you don't mind... I asked your bro if he'd take a couple of pix for me of the pedals (to see if good for heel-toe driving) and kneeroom to the steering column with the seat all the way back.... those are the only two things I am hoping has improved over my '01 Cobra (oh, and the 500 horses... priceless!)

I checked out orangesnake's restaurant online -- very cool... my son-in-law is a chef and wants to move back here to upstate NY (from NV) and open a small restaurant/luncheonette/deli. I keep telling them it's a bunch of hard work -- actually I'm looking forward to helping them (this way I get to see my grandaughter every day :)

We're all so happy for you -- hope you're enjoying the Shelby every chance you get! You're going to have to name her, ya know? :shift:

If you look closely you will see pieces of fries in the tread of the front tire. :hysterical::hysterical:

Hey, Amily... whatcha doing in here? .... I expected to never hear from ya again once you got behind the wheel of that vista-blue beauty ;-)

------------------------

Snif, snif... yep...

that red one... there's french fries in there! :hysterical2:

-------------------------

I hope you don't mind... I asked your bro if he'd take a couple of pix for me of the pedals (to see if good for heel-toe driving) and kneeroom to the steering column with the seat all the way back.... those are the only two things I am hoping has improved over my '01 Cobra (oh, and the 500 horses... priceless!)

I checked out orangesnake's restaurant online -- very cool... my son-in-law is a chef and wants to move back here to upstate NY (from NV) and open a small restaurant/luncheonette/deli. I keep telling them it's a bunch of hard work -- actually I'm looking forward to helping them (this way I get to see my grandaughter every day :)

We're all so happy for you -- hope you're enjoying the Shelby every chance you get! You're going to have to name her, ya know? :shift:

I got me that wireless laptop in the shelby (just kidding)

You forgot to add ....while driving a 2007 Shelby GT 500 :hysterical:

...but of course :)

it would be cool to be able to tell your dealer your car is coming in while you're on your way to see it!

We already have BMWs talking to you when you're due for service (the car, that is ;-) )

And GM's whole strategy with On*Star was to get the customer to pay for the communications service so they can eventually diagnose your car as you drive and direct service business to their dealers.

It's only a mattter of a few years before we start seeing mobile broadband start a wider rollout as WiMax start coming online -- Motorola just bought out it's major hardware competitor in that arena. Then we can post stuff here (with speech recognition) while commuting to work :) The world sure will be different in 10 years. A little scary sometimes.

"Mr Coldwater, your car told us twice today that at 8.5 lb boost it only developed 499.23HP -- your appointment is scheduled for... call 1-800-got-chaa or clearly speak ' :censored: you' while depressing the IM key if you cannot keep that appointment -- thank you for using On*Star" :hysterical2:

oh nooo, not another talking car !!

yeah, don't ya just hate that! I suspect that by the time all the manufacturers are serious about doing wireless service notifications they'll wind up doing it with text messages -- we can only hope. If not, I'll just cut the friggin' wires :)

I just got back from taking pictures. They turned out a little dark. Going to put them on disc. Dealerships close at 6pm and on Sundays so we wont have the car till monday or so.

I should have the pictures on here by tonight.

Holy sh: :censored: censored:t it is an awesome sweet beautiful car!!!!!

Here are a couple....takes long to load.... I will have more by 10 ish closing time at restaurant.

I need to put a plug in for the guys at Butler Ford Warehouse in Indianapolis. Great guys to do business

with. This is my second car and my sisters second car buying from these folks.

They will shoot straight with you and no b.s. If you want to buy a car they will make it happen.

Iam hearing some bad business from lots of other Ford dealers and customers.

ie taking deposits and promising cars 1st, 2nd, 3rd on list then turning around and selling them to

highest bidder!!!!!

The folks at Butler Ford Warehouse are people of their word.

Looks sick w/ the stripe delete option! Get out there and waste a GTO, vette, camaro SS......

Archived