1. 1. how long will it take?

• not at all
    • right off the truck
    • after 1 year
    • after 5 years
    • after 10 years
    • after 15 years
    • more than 20 years

It's ok, I have my "ignore" button engaged.

I guess if we don't agree with shelbang's statement we can't comment on it. His is the only opinion that's valid.

I guess I'll go cry in a corner... :cry:

Yeah, whatever shelbang's opinion is! If he would spend half as much energy explaining himself as being intransigent we might actually know what he's saying.

Hi, how are you?

-- What's it to ya, chump?

Um, nothing, really, just being friendly.

--Yeah, sure, right!

Ok, well, have a nice day.

--It's my day and I'll do with it what I please.

Ok, then, um ...bye!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So out of curiousity,

What changed your mind about Collectible/Not Collectible? I am interested in the opinion, and nothing but the opinion. (Well, there is some good humor floating around everynow and then, too.) Especially on the Jokes Blog.

I believe, and I am venturing into "Opinion" area ------------the first year of the 2007 Shelby will be holding it's own in history -not unlike a lot of you!!!!

Shelbang, after reading everyones responses to you I don't think anyone was attacking you personally. However, me thinks you were a little hard on the Beav on return.

It appears to have gotten somewhat under control. If it remains civil we'll leave it going otherwise we'll just dump it.

So out of curiousity,

What changed your mind about Collectible/Not Collectible? I am interested in the opinion, and nothing but the opinion. (Well, there is some good humor floating around everynow and then, too.) Especially on the Jokes Blog.

I believe, and I am venturing into "Opinion" area ------------the first year of the 2007 Shelby will be holding it's own in history -not unlike a lot of you!!!!

Are you asking shelbang? Or...

I actually hadn't thought much about that sice I'm not financially one who would ever consider buying for collectability. I'd buy it because I love it. Power, handling, mustang format, value for what you get and milage (really). That's way I bought an '01 Cobra at $300 over invoice at end-season. That would be why I buy the GT500, but I wanna see what the Boss is first because I fundamentally perefer an NA motor.

:shift:

Yeah, whatever shelbang's opinion is! If he would spend half as much energy explaining himself as being intransigent we might actually know what he's saying.

Hi, how are you?

-- What's it to ya, chump?

Um, nothing, really, just being friendly.

--Yeah, sure, right!

Ok, well, have a nice day.

--It's my day and I'll do with it what I please.

Ok, then, um ...bye!

whatever, have a nice day

Shelbang, after reading everyones responses to you I don't think anyone was attacking you personally. However, me thinks you were a little hard on the Beav on return.

It appears to have gotten somewhat under control. If it remains civil we'll leave it going otherwise we'll just dump it.

pass the peace pipe

This 07 GT500 is a modern day beauty. I have no problem with weight, performance etc. There are going to be too many in production in two years for this car to be rare enough to increase in value. I'm getting a ragtop and I know I'll have a lot of fun with it. History has a way of repeating itself. That said, remember the days of the great big oil embargo OPEC. When I try to forecast the future I see the collector car market diminishing. Half of the worlds oil has thus been consumed. The balance of petro will be consumed at a super thirsty pace with the 3rd world going crazy. Expedential growth

Interesting...

I was reading a book written by a economist, and his point is technology increases usage of natural resources.......so possibly we will find a way to convert gasoline reliable cars to ....?

There is a lot of talk about cars with the Shelby name increasing in value over time. The 65 to 70 Shelbys are so valuable because they were the first (not counting the AC Cobras) and not many were produced. Lets not forget about the 80’s Shelbys from Dodge like the Shelby Charger. Those actually had the Shelby name all over them including CS logo embroidered seats but yet you can snag one in good condition for under $1000. Im sure the new GT500’s will be worth more than the older Shelby Dodges because of their nostalgic connection to the original GT500’s, but I wouldn’t expect the same sort of appreciation that has been seen with the original 65-70 Shelby Mustangs.

Heck, even the original Vipers (which were co-designed by Shelby) and the Shelby edition Vipers can be had for well below their original MSRP price and they are several orders of magnitude more rare than even the original Shelby Mustangs.

The original Shelby Mustangs are valued because of 3 straight SCCA BP1 National championships! Without that, they would still be great looking cars. But not nearly the legend they are now. So, following that train of thought, if you want to speculate on a good collectible, you should be trying to buy the Grand-Am championship FR500C.

Buy the GT500 because it is a really fast, good-looking streetable mustang! (with Carroll's name on it...)

pass the peace pipe

...and the dutchie

Well, here's my .02 on this issue.

When I heard this car was being built with "at least 450 hp" I decided I wanted it, if I could afford it. It came in with 500 hp...BONUS. It came with Shelby blessings...BONUS. At MSRPish it's afforable...BONUS.

Saturday I will be finally picking mine up. As for what it will be worth in 20 years I couldn't give a rats behind because I'll have 20 years of driving the everloving crap out of it......PRICELESS.

Now, if 20 years from now some fool wants to give me $200,000.00 for it, I say show me the money. If not, I'll continue driving it until I can no longer and then hand the keys to my kids.

...and the dutchie

Well, here's my .02 on this issue.

When I heard this car was being built with "at least 450 hp" I decided I wanted it, if I could afford it. It came in with 500 hp...BONUS. It came with Shelby blessings...BONUS. At MSRPish it's afforable...BONUS.

Saturday I will be finally picking mine up. As for what it will be worth in 20 years I couldn't give a rats behind because I'll have 20 years of driving the everloving crap out of it......PRICELESS.

Now, if 20 years from now some fool wants to give me $200,000.00 for it, I say show me the money. If not, I'll continue driving it until I can no longer and then hand the keys to my kids.

+1, Kaylan!

...and, ironically, if history records it as a great car and most everyone drives the everloving crap out of it, it most likely will fetch a premium price, but who cares?! It's also ironc, IMHO, that all the ones going into 'collections' will inhibit it's future value.

One thing that this car does have going for it in terms of collectablility, and possibly the bigest thing, is that it is undoubtedly the first shot in the first salvo of the new muscle car wars, and that might carry more collectable weight than anything else -- it's defining a new era. But, who cares?! I just wanna enjoy the hell out of one :)

Archived