TEAM SHELBY FORUM

delivery order of regional allocation

I've read numerous posts about the manner in which Shelby's will be delivered, but some unanswered questions remain. Clarification was sought on the previous links but there was no response. HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Please cut and paste as necessary to provide the whole picture. My understanding is 1) "regions" will be provided a certain number of cars; 2) within the region the cars will be allocated by a) Full line SVT, B) PA winner c) Focus SVT d) certified dealers e) national lottery

Please correct as necessary.

The part I'm confused about is the pecking order. Some have written that a full line SVT dealer may get 2 or 3 cars before a certified dealer gets his first and only car. Others have written the pecking order to be a, b, c, d, e then back to "a" for car number two.

Please help me as the Metro Atlanta dealers are having a tough time trying to pin the tail on the mustang.

I'm out of meds and the RX is closed.....please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sos::shrug::kuko::cry:

my understanding is that every type of dealer (including) 'certified' dealers will be getting their 1st car within the timeframe that the first 4000 or so shelbys are produced, unless the factory runs into constraints and material holds for one reason or another, and the dealer affected's order will be 'passed up' for the second round of vehiles being produced.

For instance is dealer A is an SVT dealer, and has Shelby on order that is affected by a material hold, his order will be passed over.

So in this scenario, it would actually be possible for dealer B (say a non SVT dealer that has passed cerification and still has an allocation) to have his order filled before dealer A as long as his order did not have any material holds or constraints etc...

This is only a part of the whole process, but I think it is what you are asking about.

Please correct me if I am off base.

I've read numerous posts about the manner in which Shelby's will be delivered, but some unanswered questions remain. Clarification was sought on the previous links but there was no response. HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Please cut and paste as necessary to provide the whole picture. My understanding is 1) "regions" will be provided a certain number of cars; 2) within the region the cars will be allocated by a) Full line SVT, B) PA winner c) Focus SVT d) certified dealers e) national lottery

Please correct as necessary.

The part I'm confused about is the pecking order. Some have written that a full line SVT dealer may get 2 or 3 cars before a certified dealer gets his first and only car. Others have written the pecking order to be a, b, c, d, e then back to "a" for car number two.

Please help me as the Metro Atlanta dealers are having a tough time trying to pin the tail on the mustang.

I'm out of meds and the RX is closed.....please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sos::shrug::kuko::cry:

I don't think anyone is actually sure not even ford! :wacko: I thought they were supposed to have total allocation by the end of may? :shrug:

I don't think anyone is actually sure not even ford! :wacko: I thought they were supposed to have total allocation by the end of may? :shrug:

Careful you don't confuse allocation with actual PRODUCTION orders. More than a few dealers have an order in for a non customer, loaded showroom/demo car. A good number have perhaps an allocation for a car but until they get their ADM they will not ORDER a car, and at that point it will go into the regional cue. I would not be a bit suprised if the plant orders are arranged in some way to build cars going to the same region in some sort of sequence, not necessarily when the order was accepted. Add to that the dozen other variables such as powerlease,personal favours, marketing and its a crapshoot. I hope that the long suffering Five-O will add to this, but until he does, delivery is luck of the draw. When your car has been built, IF the shipping company decides to ship a Load of AAI cars to your area, and your dealer decides to call you instead of letting your car draw some free publicity(showroom traffic).... This is as bad as the original S-197 mess.

My car has been built and will be at my dealer the first week of july. From what I understand alot of dealers have more orders in than what they will actually get. I'm pretty sure it was either 50B or robert that said that total allocation would be in from ford by the end of may or beginning of june. It would be nice to know. does anyone have new info on that? Sorry dtharmon for straying off the subject :doh:

My dealer showing two cars at MATERIAL HOLD w/ no vin # how are we to know what 'material hold' is really supposed to mean. You say 'material hold' will hold up car and others say it just means materials are being pulled to build car? Sorry if this strayed somewhat off subject.

Robert mentioned in another post that there were two 'material hold' factors:

1. Shaker 1000 in convertibles...something about a weight issue.

2. Over-the-top stripes on coupes.

I have no idea if these two issues have been resolved yet, of if any others have surfaced.

Archived