TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 compared to Ferrari 0-60 mph.

gt500hp

Well when you speak of bang for the buck, this must be the best deal going! :cheerleader:

The Shelby GT500 selling under 41k, compared to the Ferrari selling in excess of $350,000.

I'd say it's a steal when you look at the 0-60 times.

Why spend over $300,000 more to get frim 0-60 in in 4.5 seconds. :doh:

Can't wait for my Shelby :bandance: :roses:

post-4951-1150919496_thumb.jpg

0-60 time of a new Ferrari ?? (vs. how many RWHP?)

[/quote

Finally..... I managed to get a clear picture of the news clipping! :happy feet:

The GT500 isn't a pig after-all and it's $300,000 less expensive. :party:

Check out the 0-60 times...... :shift::shift::shift::shift:

Did you notice that these cars are made of almost exclusively from aluminum?

Guest evilchris

0-60 isn't the only performance metric. I have a feeling the high end Ferarri's will out stop, out handle, and drastically smoke the GT500 in top speed.

Your argument is equivalent of me saying the GT500 is a ripoff since my $5,000 5.0 with $10,000 in engine smokes the GT500 in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. ( 10.3 second car )

Can you say "Hand built" with carbon fiber & Formula 1 technology? I thought so...that's why it's 300k more plus it will run circles around our fat hog on a road corse. :shift:

NO thanks! I'll for go the circles>>>>I can think of 300 thousand reasons why! :doh:

But..........

Considering that all Ferrari's have V12 engines, and incorporate aluminum and

carbon fibre body panels, that's a pretty impressive comparison.

AND.....NO.....I am not comparing quality of construction OR performance,

just acceleration.

KingCobra.

But..........

Considering that all Ferrari's have V12 engines, and incorporate aluminum and

carbon fibre body panels, that's a pretty impressive comparison.

AND.....NO.....I am not comparing quality of construction OR performance,

just acceleration.

KingCobra.

Thanks! I share the same thoughts.... There are much better ways to spend $300,000 and still have a GT500. Considering all factors, you can't deny that the GT500 will be a car in much demand for a very long time. There won't be any fire sales on these babies for this year or next year. :shift::shift::shift:

Thanks! I share the same thoughts.... There are much better ways to spend $300,000 and still have a GT500. Considering all factors, you can't deny that the GT500 will be a car in much demand for a very long time. There won't be any fire sales on these babies for this year or next year. :shift::shift::shift:

I'm not knocking the Shelby performance, only the :poke: weight!

10 years ago I worked in the World Sports Car Series (WSC) and at the 6 Hr. Endurence race at Watkins Glen, New York. :shift: Mad Max Papis drove the Ferreri 333SP & that car/motor was totally awesome & lighting fast, not to mention won the race after chasing down a Riley & Scott chassis with a Boss 302 motor. :car:

Until you have spent time around these cars/motors do you fully understand why the Ferreri name is forever etched in motorsports. I agree about the "there's better ways to spend 300k" & one way I plan on spending it is to spend 43-50k on a new Shelby GT500, which I plan on doing here soon. Long Live Carrol Shelby & his cars! :rockon:

Archived