TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealerships only in partial compliance with GT500 requirements?

I visited with my dealer on June 20, and he had recently met with his region rep. He indicated there were a number of dealerships who were signed on to sell the GT500 but still were not in full compliance with the requirements. He said when their orders came up for production their slot would get passed to dealers who were in full compliance. Can anybody confirm this?

I visited with my dealer on June 20, and he had recently met with his region rep. He indicated there were a number of dealerships who were signed on to sell the GT500 but still were not in full compliance with the requirements. He said when their orders came up for production their slot would get passed to dealers who were in full compliance. Can anybody confirm this?

Dealer could have filled out the paperwork but salespeople may not have taken tests. The dealer won't get passed over. Just will not be able to report sold (thus deliver) until certification is done....hope this helps

Dealer could have filled out the paperwork but salespeople may not have taken tests. The dealer won't get passed over. Just will not be able to report sold (thus deliver) until certification is done....hope this helps

So Ford will make the car which was ordered, but they won't deliver until the dealer is in full compliance?

in other words the dealer will continue to get passed over.

Also, it's my understanding that there were deadlines published.

End of April to sign up for certification, and end of May to complete certification.

So being that it is now end of June, it's entirely possible that if your dealer has not met the deadline of end of May for certification, then they (and you) may be SOL.

Question is, how tightly is Ford & regional reps controlling this?

someone on this board mentioned that they called SVT and they had the info, but I don't know about that. My experience was that SVT would not tell me that info when I called. I'd like to find out "for sure" that my dealer has made the grade. Wonder if customer service would have the answer?

someone on this board mentioned that they called SVT and they had the info, but I don't know about that. My experience was that SVT would not tell me that info when I called. I'd like to find out "for sure" that my dealer has made the grade. Wonder if customer service would have the answer?

Tell them to contact thier region....

Tell them to contact thier region....

In my case, my dealer is being somewhat unresponsive to my inquiries, and it's making me a little nervous. It's not that I don't trust my dealer (they are great people), it's just that they are a very small dealer and don't seem very familiar with the rules and processes. I'd really like a way to confirm through Ford that they have done everything they need to do to complete the certification. I've been working on the assumption that I will be getting my car. I don't want to find out that my dealer did something wrong or didn't do something that causes me to not get my car.

In my case, my dealer is being somewhat unresponsive to my inquiries, and it's making me a little nervous. It's not that I don't trust my dealer (they are great people), it's just that they are a very small dealer and don't seem very familiar with the rules and processes. I'd really like a way to confirm through Ford that they have done everything they need to do to complete the certification. I've been working on the assumption that I will be getting my car. I don't want to find out that my dealer did something wrong or didn't do something that causes me to not get my car.

They will have regional manager which Ford should be able to tell you, he`s the guy who would know if they qualified.There was a deadline which has long past for all dealers to apply. Its too late now if they did not complete the paper work. I take it you live in the U.S.A because in CANADA you can only get s.v.t products from certified Ford dealers & there are only 27 in CANADA.

Good Luck

They will have regional manager which Ford should be able to tell you, he`s the guy who would know if they qualified.There was a deadline which has long past for all dealers to apply. Its too late know if they did not complete the paper work. I take it you live in the U.S.A because in CANADA you can only get s.v.t products from certified Ford dealers & there are only 27 in CANADA.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help, Shelby001.

Yes, I'm in the US (Colorado). I think this is the first special order situation like this that my dealer has ever done. I told them about the tests when I first placed my order, and they were a bit surprised. Later I got some comments like, "...I took a test, but then Ford said it was the wrong one, so I had to take another one..." Stuff like that makes me nervous. I start thinking, Did they really do everything they were supposed to? I'm probably just being paranoid, but that's the kind of guy I am.

Our dealer originally was not getting a Shelby. He is not SVT certified.

He then was told as a President's Award Dealership he was getting one without being certified SVT. It is a small, excellent Dealership. We feel we got a fair price for him to gain a little extra $ and we were satisfied with the number so we ordered. I really hope he is not confused!

it's my understanding that ALL dealers must certify to sell the Shelby irregardless if they are PA / SVT/ SVT Focus or none of the above.

True. You could have been full line SVT for years, but you still have to certify for THIS CAR...not "certify SVT".

$1,500 and an online test and a handful of special tools and you're in. So, you've either done it or not, there is no "partial compliance" unless you took half the online test and saved your work to a file for later completion. (I am kidding about that....seriously, you either are or aren't.) And, contrary to what someone posted earlier in this thread, Ford Performance CAN and WILL tell you if a dealer is certified to sell the car. Call and ask them. If they tell you they "can't say", ask to speak to someone else.

:shift:

bj

and the number to Ford Performance is?

I called Ford Customer Service...they transferred me to the "SVT Hotline" 1-800-367-3788. The person that answered the phone verified that my dealer has completed the necessary paperwork. He said he could not verify whether the sales test is complete...but he said if my salesman knows the difference between the GT500 and the GT, then he has, in all liklihood, passed the test.

:hysterical:

Not good enough - just like VNMOUS1 states above, " So, you've either done it or not, there is no "partial compliance"

We as comsumers need a DEFINITE way to confirm whether dealers are in fact "certified" or not.

Somebody somewhere knows, otherwise how would allocations be doled out?

Not good enough - just like VNMOUS1 states above, " So, you've either done it or not, there is no "partial compliance"

We as comsumers need a DEFINITE way to confirm whether dealers are in fact "certified" or not.

Somebody somewhere knows, otherwise how would allocations be doled out?

I'm with you, awatters. I'm sure my dealer has submitted the paperwork for certification, but it's the test part that makes me nervous. Like I mentioned before, my sales rep had some confusion regarding what test to take. Also, I can get no info from them regarding the test their mechanic/tech had to take.

Very frustrated.

I'm with you, awatters. I'm sure my dealer has submitted the paperwork for certification, but it's the test part that makes me nervous. Like I mentioned before, my sales rep had some confusion regarding what test to take. Also, I can get no info from them regarding the test their mechanic/tech had to take.

Very frustrated.

I agree with you guys. I called because of the same thing...dealer not making me totally comfortable because he seems a little confused about the ordering process. Unfortunately, the person I talked to said he simply couldn't confirm the final "test" portion. awatters...you're right, "someone" obviously knows...just a matter of finding out who that someone is and how to reach them.

Any help out there?

I could be wrong but based on my interpretation of what I have read, dealers can place orders all day long, and even get a confirmation (DORA). However, that doesn't mean that the factory will pull the order (regardless of priority and regardless if order has no material holds) if the dealer has no allocation at the time when his turn comes around to fulfill the order.

I think for the most part, that a dealer that follows best practices and is ethical, will not put lots of (or possibly any) orders into the order bank if they knowingly don't have allocations. 5 Oh or Isell could comment on that more specifically though.

Well, I called the SVT number that jrichard mentioned earlier in this thread (1-800-367-3788). The guy said he could not give me any information on the status of my order without a VIN, and he said he couldn't tell me anything about the status of my dealer's certification. Total Bust! He said there is a special number that dealers call and enter their dealer code to get the status of their certification. Of course, he wouldn't give me that number.

:rant::banghead::finger::shrug:

RPRETZEL,

I have exactly the same concerns. Like you I have a vista blue with T. stripes ordered from a small dealer, and I worry they might have goofed this up.

OK, so I just called the customer service number (1-800-392-3673) and asked about my dealer's certification, and they just gave me the SVT number. No luck there.

I also asked about the status of my order and the lady was VERY helpful. Had no problem checking the status without a VIN....just needed the dealer code, body style and order number. My order is on Material Hold. She couldn't give me any information as to why it was on material hold, so I guess I'm back to playing the waiting game. At least I know who to call to get status in the future.

:banghead:

OK, so I just called the customer service number (1-800-392-3673) and asked about my dealer's certification, and they just gave me the SVT number. No luck there.

I also asked about the status of my order and the lady was VERY helpful. Had no problem checking the status without a VIN....just needed the dealer code, body style and order number. My order is on Material Hold. She couldn't give me any information as to why it was on material hold, so I guess I'm back to playing the waiting game. At least I know who to call to get status in the future.

:banghead:

I'd bet the region rep could clear this all up. The dealer sure knows who that is though -- maybe they would give you their name/num if you ask. After all, the region rep is who you would talk to if you are unable to resolve a problem with the dealer anyway and my understanding is that the dealer MUST give you the Ford region rep contact if you ask for it; but maybe that's just in 'theory'.

Archived