TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealerships only in partial compliance with GT500 requirements?

I'd bet the region rep could clear this all up. The dealer sure knows who that is though -- maybe they would give you their name/num if you ask. After all, the region rep is who you would talk to if you are unable to resolve a problem with the dealer anyway and my understanding is that the dealer MUST give you the Ford region rep contact if you ask for it; but maybe that's just in 'theory'.

All they could do was verify mine was on order. I think its gonna be a long wait

All they could do was verify mine was on order. I think its gonna be a long wait

The Regional rep will know what dealers need to take the test in his/her Zone. This info was given to the Regions months ago and should have been communicated to dealers.......

• 3 weeks later...

I called 800-367-3788 and talked to John. Gave him my dealer name and city and he told me

the dealer was good to go for a GT500. I told him that I ordered my car in June and would I

see it this year? He said "very possible" so maybe hope. He also said the target was still 9K.

I called 800-367-3788 and talked to John. Gave him my dealer name and city and he told me

the dealer was good to go for a GT500. I told him that I ordered my car in June and would I

see it this year? He said "very possible" so maybe hope. He also said the target was still 9K.

Were you aware that Ford has released a statement (after the 7000-to-9000 announcement) that GT500 production numbers "are set at 10%" of total mustang production? At analyst estimates that would be 12-15K units; at present production rate 15K+. The Tremec TR6060 might be the limiter, though.

Were you aware that Ford has released a statement (after the 7000-to-9000 announcement) that GT500 production numbers "are set at 10%" of total mustang production? At analyst estimates that would be 12-15K units; at present production rate 15K+. The Tremec TR6060 might be the limiter, though.

Guess John was putting up a smoke screen ? :hysterical:

I wonder if they (Ford SVT or customer service) would either a) publically supply a list of 'certified' dealers or b)give us a count of how many dealers are participating and how many are not participating in the GT500 program

I wonder if they (Ford SVT or customer service) would either a) publically supply a list of 'certified' dealers or b)give us a count of how many dealers are participating and how many are not participating in the GT500 program

+1

I'd be very interested in knowing how many dealers are certified

Guess John was putting up a smoke screen ? :hysterical:

Just speculating, but I suspect Ford doesn't want to announce a larger number for two reasons: Tremec capacity beyond 9000 may still be a problem AND it could collapse/complicate the existing ADM agreements dealers have with customers (ok with me!).

To announce a new hard number, they'd have to be certain it's doable and would represent somewhat of a hard commitment (unless order volumes dry up -- not likely). Leaving it as a % of production leaves the door open to either announce a new (larger) hard number in the future, OR update/state some constraint, OR say nothing further and spread much of additional production as additional rounds of allocation or as share-of-nation (ok with me!), which would go a long way toward Ford's commitment to make as many as there are customers who want one (of course, that can be satisfied in MY08 or 09, if 3-yr run). So I can understand the phone reps quoting 9000 since that's the only 'hard' number Ford has stated.

Anyhow, just one mans logic, but the 10% statement wasn't a "max" (like the GT: 51% max), so I'm encouraged the 9,000 might be more of a minimum at this point, if you catch my drift.

Archived