TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 - NEWS FOR 21 JUNE 2006

This post may answer some GT500 questions. The information comes from someone on the GT500 team, AAI or from my own observations.

- The GT500 brochures will be out in July. I don't know yet if it's early, mid or late in the month.

- Shipping for the GT500 is the week of 26 June.

- The only commodity backorder is the Shaker 1000 for the convertible.

- The material hold appears to be related to over the top stripes for the coupe. From what I have seen, the plant builds the cars without the stripes, which they apply later at the plant.

- Less than 1,000 GT500s have been built. . .maybe someone for AAI can get a more accurate number, however, from what I have seen, it looks like 250-300 production cars are done. . .some coupes are waiting for the over the top stripes though.

- GT500s are being moved around to three different places. They do have the window stickers and quality control markings on them, along with a number "7" in the top right hand corner of the windshield.

I'll try and post some photos and a video clip of an Ebony GT500 coupe with White Stripes tonight. . .not sure on the quality since the sun was at full blast.

Photos and Vid will be here

Maybe someone from AAI can add or make corrections?

Thanks for the updates Robert!!!

Sounds like things are off to a slow start, as far as production numbers

are concerned. Is it projected to speed up from here, or are the quality

control checks still the major thing holding things back??? When you say

GT500 brochures, are they still going to be a page insert within the regular

Mustang V6/GT brochure??? I don't think I remember hearing about the

last contest, is that one still going on??? Anything new on the front of the

Shelby GT500 Owners Association???

KingCobra.

This post may answer some GT500 questions. The information comes from someone on the GT500 team, AAI or from my own observations.

- The GT500 brochures will be out in July. I don't know yet if it's early, mid or late in the month.

- The material hold appears to be related to over the top stripes for the coupe. From what I have seen, the plant builds the cars without the stripes, which they apply later at the plant.

- Less than 1,000 GT500s have been built. . .maybe someone for AAI can get a more accurate number, however, from what I have seen, it looks like 250-300 production cars are done. . .some coupes are waiting for the over the top stripes though.

- GT500s are being moved around to three different places. They do have the window stickers and quality control markings on them, along with a number "7" in the top right hand corner of the windshield.

I'll try and post some photos and a video clip of an Ebony GT500 coupe with White Stripes tonight. . .not sure on the quality since the sun was at full blast.

Robert you DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Robert for all the time you have spent posting pictures, taking videos, & keeping us up to date, you are a big part of this forum that makes it--- #1

Thanks Again & keep up the great work

Shelby 001

Nice update.....thank you sir!

:shift:

bj

Yes, the GT500 section will be in the Mustang brouchure.

I spoke with Ford again late today. . .NO production GT500s have been shipped out yet. They are still on time for shipment next week (week of 26 June).

Thanks Robert as always for the great info :happy feet:

Thanks Robert!

I really appreciate the pictures of the 2007 Shelby GT500 Ebony Coupe with White Stripes; the colors I ordered.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...17_sectionid=61

JB

I drove an Ebony coupe with white stripes yesterday - we'll get some pics and a video up today. One is already on the front page.

I drove an Ebony coupe with white stripes yesterday - we'll get some pics and a video up today. One is already on the front page.

Thanks Robert. Up until you posted these pictures, there wasn't many pictures of an Ebony with Performance White stripes floating around.

JB

sweet robert :happy feet: since mine has been built does that mean that the early cars are more thoroughly gone through?

Yep you got it... Gone through the line at McDonalds!

Sorry, I could not resist. I am waiting on a build date and wish mine had gone by Window #1.

changing your order will only delay things even further. I saw a dealers order sheet maifest this aftrenoon. Showed status of all vehicles that the dealership has on order. They are getting 2 Shelbys and the priority 25 order is actually scheduled to come in next week sometime, and the priority 10 order sits in material hold / no vin status because the customer kept making changes to his order.

changing your order will only delay things even further. I saw a dealers order sheet maifest this aftrenoon. Showed status of all vehicles that the dealership has on order. They are getting 2 Shelbys and the priority 25 order is actually scheduled to come in next week sometime, and the priority 10 order sits in material hold / no vin status because the customer kept making changes to his order.

After an order has been placed for a Shelby, just exactly up to what point and time afterwards, can a person make changes to the order without causing any delays.

I know there must be a certain point after which, the order in the system will cause a delay.

Can someone help with info here? :shrug:

Archived