TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CA Emissions System

69deluxe

What is it and does it impact the power of the vehicle? Can it be removed?

Seems to be required in 5 states (California, New York, Maine, Vermont, and Massachusettes). My order is from a dealer in New York. How will my car differ?

Whatever the items for emissions may be, save them for sure. They have been proven to be extremely valuable years later for past collector stangs.

Whatever the items for emissions may be, save them for sure. They have been proven to be extremely valuable years later for past collector stangs.

Agreed, if it's a physical item!! The order guide seems to indicate that it is a control code. Alas, I will void my warranty again if I remove it using a handheld tuner.

Agreed, if it's a physical item!! The order guide seems to indicate that it is a control code. Alas, I will void my warranty again if I remove it using a handheld tuner.

I haven't seen the word "Alas" used in at least a fortnight. :hysterical::hysterical:

Where's the English teacher when you need him...come on RUF. :poke:

I haven't seen the word "Alas" used in at least a fortnight. :hysterical::hysterical:

Where's the English teacher when you need him...come on RUF. :poke:

Very funny! It's used to express sorrow, regret, grief, compassion, or apprehension of danger or evil (see www.yourdictionary.com)

Still the emissions system sounds like something that will reduce power. Hope not though! Ford advertised 500HP, so it would suck to not get that in these 5 states. Hopefully somebody here has an answer for this.

Still the emissions system sounds like something that will reduce power. Hope not though! Ford advertised 500HP, so it would suck to not get that in these 5 states. Hopefully somebody here has an answer for this.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that they would all meet Ca emissions requirements regardless fo where they were being sold. I think 5 Oh may have posted that somewhere once. Is he back yet?? A little help here. :sos:

With the exception of CNG fueled vehicles that are sold in all states other than California as of the 2006 MY, all Ford's are now built to be 50 state emmisions complient. So unless you have a Fleet ID Number (FIN) that has been assigned under a Law Enforcement agency or Fire Department, and you can prove that your GT500 will be used as a bonified Emergency vehilcle, then it will be built to be 50 state emmisions complient.

And I would caution anyone against removing any emmisions equipment from any late model vehicle that is equipped with OBDII, because tampering will cause the ECM to run the engine too rich or lean depending on the level of tampering that has been done. You could be inadvertantly be hurting performance instead of improving it.

I thought it had to do with Emissions certification paperwork only - all cars produced would be 50 state emissions friendly?

So essentially it is a smog test certificate? If so, why would they call it a "system"? Seems like it's something more than that.

Alas, I will void my warranty again if I remove it using a handheld tuner.

while all you folks were arguing over alas (isn't that what they call girls in Scotland?) i see there is an 'again' in there. 69, how many times did you void warranty? :hysterical:

Archived