TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No one is seeing their car before August 06'

FordGeek

OK, I know a few posts have already eluded to this, but I don't think anyone will be receiving their GT500 before August. I spoke with SVT today and they've assured me that because of the fact that it's a first run of a new model, the random sampling of GT500s for Quality Assurance will hold up the cars at the plant for the remainder of the month. In addition, there is a shutdown of the plant for the first two weeks of July which, according to the SVT rep, will mean additional delays in getting the vehicles out. I asked if they would hold onto ALL the vehicles regardless if they were selected for QA, or if they would stagger delivery, he emphatically stated that no vehicle would be delivered until all QA was complete. When asked about the tentative delivery dates on some of our DORAs he said these were standard, system generated timeframes based on normal production schedules; they would not have much significance to the GT500s first run.

This is really a let down, in my opinion, given the enourmous amount of time it's already taken to get this car from concept to production. It also contradicts the fact that one member of this forum has seen shipments of GTs and GT500s well away from Detroit rock city seemingly ready for shipment. It's simply amazes me how Chevy can pump out it's technologically advanced Z06 and Dodge can put out SRT8s (all models) in a fraction of the time it takes Ford to do the same for the Shelby. I guess the waiting game continues...

:rant:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I know a few posts have already eluded to this, but I don't think anyone will be receiving their GT500 before August. I spoke with SVT today and they've assured me that because of the fact that it's a first run of a new model, the random sampling of GT500s for Quality Assurance will hold up the cars at the plant for the remainder of the month. In addition, there is a shutdown of the plant for the first two weeks of July which, according to the SVT rep, will mean additional delays in getting the vehicles out. I asked if they would hold onto ALL the vehicles regardless if they were selected for QA, or if they would stagger delivery, he emphatically stated that no vehicle would be delivered until all QA was complete. When asked about the tentative delivery dates on some of our DORAs he said these were standard, system generated timeframes based on normal production schedules; they would not have much significance to the GT500s first run.

This is really a let down, in my opinion, given the enourmous amount of time it's already taken to get this car from concept to production. It also contradicts the fact that one member of this forum has seen shipments of GTs and GT500s well away from Detroit rock city seemingly ready for shipment. It's simply amazes me how Chevy can pump out it's technologically advanced Z06 and Dodge can put out SRT8s (all models) in a fraction of the time it takes Ford to do the same for the Shelby. I guess the waiting game continues...

:rant:

They did the same thing with the '05 GTs and V6s.

When you call SVT, you are not talking to someone who works inside SVT. You are simply talking to a customer service rep reading from a script who often doesn't have the real scoop on the production and shipping details. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in anything you're told when you call SVT. The reps who answer are good at generic info that would satisfy 90% of the callers, but those of us on this website are not that 90%, now are we?

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 20 2006, 12:38 PM) 21588[/snapback]

When you call SVT, you are not talking to someone who works inside SVT. You are simply talking to a customer service rep reading from a script who often doesn't have the real scoop on the production and shipping details. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in anything you're told when you call SVT. The reps who answer are good at generic info that would satisfy 90% of the callers, but those of us on this website are not that 90%, now are we?

I hope you're right Five Oh...at this point Ford would be exceeding my expectations if they can get me my Shelby by the end of the month. My car has already been built and I have an estimated dealer arrival date of June 23!

I spoke directly with a person on the GT500 and was told that shipments would begin on time. The cars are being moved around (staged) for shipping as we speak.

Awsome Robert! When you say "...on time..." do you mean that they will roughly arrive at dealerships according to what's on the DORA? Oh please say yes!

:happy feet:

I specifically asked when will the 2007 Shelby GT500s begin shipping out of Flat Rock. I was told that shipments would begin the week of 26 June - the same date that FiveOhB reported earlier.

I'll try to get some photos and videos of GT500s being staged. ;)

I specifically asked when will the 2007 Shelby GT500s begin shipping out of Flat Rock. I was told that shipments would begin the week of 26 June - the same date that FiveOhB reported earlier.

I'll try to get some photos and videos of GT500s being staged. ;)

Any views on the 2 week shutdown? Would they continue to ship all completed units during this timeframe? Seems to be logical that the transporters don't need to have the assembly line functional in order to get vehicles out the door...

Any views on the 2 week shutdown? Would they continue to ship all completed units during this timeframe? Seems to be logical that the transporters don't need to have the assembly line functional in order to get vehicles out the door...

The week of the 26th is the same info that I got when I talked to the Shelby brand manager a few weeks ago.

As for shipping, traditionally if the vehicles get out of the plant prior to the shut down, they will ship. If they are still at the plant, then they will sit.

Personally I'm hoping mine takes awhile. Here's my logic....

I bought from a small dealer (one car only). I already know I won't be one of the first ones. I live in the midwest where weather can get nasty. This car will see nice weather only (my previous such car...a supercharged 1989 Toyota MR2...had 31,000 miles on it when I sold it in 2003...that's about 2,200 miles/year). Therefore, I don't want to insure the thing for 6 months while it sits in the garage from October through March '07. I'd prefer that mine arrives in early April 2007...that way I don't have to drool over it in the garage every day. :hysterical:

It was too much for me, too.

The card is on my desk as I type this.

She's been through so much. I've tried my best to be a good dad (better than I was when I was younger...).

Her stock went up 100 points!

She doesn't know how much those words mean to me. :rockon:

thanks -

It was too much for me, too.

The card is on my desk as I type this.

She's been through so much. I've tried my best to be a good dad (better than I was when I was younger...).

Her stock went up 100 points!

She doesn't know how much those words mean to me. :rockon:

thanks -

Yeah, that was a tear jerker letter :cry:

Does she know you want or have a shelby coming? Did you put her in your will for the car to go to her?

Very good!

She knows I'm getting "something" Ford - that's all.

She really enjoys getting picked up in front of the high school in the Z. All the "dudes" stare!

She'll hop in and say, "dad, you are very cool!"

I like being cool. :happy feet:

Very good!

She knows I'm getting "something" Ford - that's all.

She really enjoys getting picked up in front of the high school in the Z. All the "dudes" stare!

She'll hop in and say, "dad, you are very cool!"

I like being cool. :happy feet:

Get the Shelby :shift: & you’ll be the SUPER COOL DAD that’s envied by all school kids & then they’ll be pissed at their parents & saying… but her dad has one, why can’t we? :rant:

I suggest you don’t go to any PTA meetings for awhile. :hysterical:

That's strange because my first one is on the truck and on its way here. It should arrive on the 26th.

Black with Tungsten Stripes. $44,865 list. It's yours for $69,865.

-Chris

Either this guy works for that "unnamed" Ford stealership in Texas...OR....he needs to "back away from the bong" as RUF would say. :rolleyes:

Either this guy works for that "unnamed" Ford stealership in Texas...OR....he needs to "back away from the bong" as RUF would say. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, could be the Lonely Stars in the Texs sky... back with another name?

That's strange because my first one is on the truck and on its way here. It should arrive on the 26th.

Black with Tungsten Stripes. $44,865 list. It's yours for $69,865.

-Chris

Chris, are you an individual offering a black/tungsten GT500 for $25-large over MSRP? If so, what's up ... why for sale? Why $25K over?! I assume that's nego... Tell us more!!!

If you're a dealer offering a black/tungsten GT500 for $25-large over MSRP I just have three words for you: go :censored: yourself and do it somewhere else. This site is not a marketing website. Bye, and don't let the door hit ya in the a** on the way out. oh, ...and have a really nice day

Chris, are you an individual offering a black/tungsten GT500 for $25-large over MSRP? If so, what's up ... why for sale? Why $25K over?! I assume that's nego... Tell us more!!!

If you're a dealer offering a black/tungsten GT500 for $25-large over MSRP I just have three words for you: go :censored: yourself and do it somewhere else. This site is not a marketing website. Bye, and don't let the door hit ya in the a** on the way out. oh, ...and have a really nice day

Ha ha you're funny.

Yeah, I'm a dealer with 7 of the cars allocated. You need to calm down pal. Telling a complete stranger to F*ck off is pure W/T. It's just a car and this is just a website. I didn't see anyone getting mad at me when I was giving out free Ford Frontline Mags that had the car in it.

Wasn't that marketing as well?

Anyways if you were just looking to get a rise out of someone with that ghetto comment you are picking the wrong person.

Archived