• Mach 1
    • Bullitt
    • California Special

Speaking of the Boss, go here:

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?target=ind....161&type_id=61

I wonder if they'll use that here???

400 HP...nice for a Boss...

1255[/snapback]

Boss 290 w/ 400 HP? Fitting for a modern Boss. The styling is really Nissan-ish, yechh. "Newton meters of torque"? I guess some weird Aussie translation for foot pounds..... :lol:

Boss 290 w/ 400 HP? Fitting for a modern Boss. The styling is really Nissan-ish, yechh. "Newton meters of torque"? I guess some weird Aussie translation for foot pounds..... :lol:

1257[/snapback]

The side and rear views of that thing look just like the GTO here in the states/Monaro in Aussie Land

The side and rear views of that thing look just like the GTO here in the states/Monaro in Aussie Land

Right? Pontiac missed w/ the GTO too (not the HP though). The rear deck of that thing looks exactly like a Saturn.

I voted for the GT-350 because I think it's a natural follow-up to the GT-500. Instead of the 4v iron block from the past SVT Cobra, I think I'd stick with the 3v aluminum block from the current GT and add the supercharger. That and we need to get this thing developed while Caroll Shelby is still on this earth-- the old chap is certainly getting up there in years...

After that, I think a Mach 1 would be a natural choice. It should feature Ram-Air and an aluminum 3v 5.4L Triton, pushing at least 350 horses. As Mach 1's of the past were torque-heavy, straight-line burners, I think this configuration should keep that spirit very much alive.

My favorite Mustang of years past would be the 1969 BOSS 302. Why didn't I vote for a new BOSS? Because it would be the perfect car for Ford to showcase a new, more technologically-advanced V8 on-- and we all know that won't happen anytime soon. I'd also like to see if Ford can revise the platform to increase stiffness and drop some weight before a new BOSS is released, too.

Don't get me wrong-- the S197 is a great car, but there is still room for improvement, and I want the BOSS to be the be-all-and-end-all of Mustangs.

• 4 weeks later...

I think 'BOSS 329' has a nice ring to it, but as Ive always had a soft spot in my heart(or head) for the shaker/slatted mach1's I voted that way- figured it might be my best chance at getting a nice set of slats out of FoMoCo, as I dont care much for the aftermarket ones Ive seen(upper slat has daylight showing from behind...yuck).

heres a couple pics Ive found of some reworked boss/mach take-offs:

9B08C20E69134254B16990B6E33FA153.jpg

6352-2005-Ford-Mustang.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Again, does Ford has the rights to the Boss name?

And that Australian Ford with the 5,4 Boss engine is very nice. Great that those exotic parts are standard. 19s standard, Brembo crossdrilled 14 inch 4 piston brakes and 13 in the rear. And with the GT-P you have 6 piston calipers. Wow.

Aussie price 70K. What's that in US? 45K?

• 1 month later...

Archived