199 members have voted

1. 1. Name your Poison

• "R" Model Super Street Stang (>GT500)
    • GT 350
    • Boss 302
    • Mach 1
    • Bullitt
    • California Special

Just wondering what kind of reception there would be for a Boss 281 or Boss 329?

988[/snapback]

As the original GT 350 and GT500 had no relationship to displacement, other than a small block v.s big block reference, does a new Boss 302 have to relate to displacement? I would think of it more of a configuration of items with a nod and a wink, back to the original Boss.

First, let me say, I like both Bosses pictured here. Nice yellow one, and a nice 'chop of the GTR...both very cool! B)

I'm also a big Mach fan as the '69 Mach was my first car. But I feel the need to slice a corner, so the Boss (obviously) got my vote.

Mr. Lane, I noticed you asked the question what kind of reception there would be for a Boss 281 or Boss 329 again. Heck, we could have a poll on that subject alone! I reserved comment the first time I saw it, but thinking about it more, the numbers don't really matter that much (waiting for the flamethrowers). I agree with Snake. 302 would be nice, but it wouldn't kill me if it said 281 or 329. Just make that thing rev happy & light as possible!

First, let me say, I like both Bosses pictured here.  Nice yellow one, and a nice 'chop of the GTR...both very cool! B)

I'm also a big Mach fan as the '69 Mach was my first car.  But I feel the need to slice a corner, so the Boss (obviously) got my vote.

Mr. Lane, I noticed you asked the question what kind of reception there would be for a Boss 281 or Boss 329 again.  Heck, we could have a poll on that subject alone!  I reserved comment the first time I saw it, but thinking about it more, the numbers don't really matter that much (waiting for the flamethrowers).  I agree with Snake.  302 would be nice, but it wouldn't kill me if it said 281 or 329.  Just make that thing rev happy & light as possible!

996[/snapback]

Call it a Boss 5.0 [aka] Cammer or a Boss 302. [aka] Cammer Once they get the cammer to be emissions legal.

As the original GT 350 and GT500 had no relationship to displacement, other than a small block v.s big block reference, does a new Boss 302 have to relate to displacement?  I would think of it more of a configuration of items with a nod and a wink, back to the original Boss.

990[/snapback]

Me, I think a boss 5.4 would fit the bill nicely. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Think of it as a modern interpatation of one of fords most famous cars. This is about as close as I have seen to what I'm looking for.

Boss phase one

Now think what ford could do.

I'll take one in Black, with Gold stripes. Especially if it looks anything like the picture of the green concept post-51-1132333094_thumb.jpg that was on the internet earlier this year. Could be a nice alternative for those of us who might not have enough coin to buy the Shelby.

986[/snapback]

This 05 body w/ the 1969 decaling and hood blackout is f*&$ing rad. It smokes the 1970 striping. Robert - bring back the Boss - Grabber or Acapulco blue w/ 69 detailing Pleeeeease!!! B)

post-31-1132312376_thumb.jpghere is my 2005 Boss 302, in screaming yellow

978[/snapback]

This is nice dude. What made you decide on the 70 style over 69? My father owned a 69 when I was 4 (before he drove it into a tree & sold it for scrap. Scrap!! Did I say scrap? My therapist says I should let go of it but I can't :blink: ) so I'm forever hooked on 69.

Just wondering what kind of reception there would be for a Boss 281 or Boss 329?

988[/snapback]

Can't be a 281. 5.0 and up with retro colors - Grabbers, Wimbeldon, Calypso and what about some chrome detail options?!!!

This 05 body w/ the 1969 decaling and hood blackout is f*&$ing rad. It smokes the 1970 striping. Robert - bring back the Boss  - Grabber or Acapulco blue w/ 69 detailing Pleeeeease!!!  B)

1130[/snapback]

Is this what you had in mind???

IMO this is exactly what they should build, either with out without the shaker. I know that the shaker isn't authentic to the 69 BOSS, but there are many of them that had the shaker added aftermarket.

post-986-1132893006_thumb.jpg

post-986-1132893006_thumb.jpg

Me, I think a boss 5.4 would fit the bill nicely. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Think of it as a modern interpatation of one of fords most famous cars. This is about as close as I have seen to what I'm looking for.

Boss phase one

Now think what ford could do.

1004[/snapback]

WHOA!!! I just noticed you linked to my thread there. I am so flattered that people like what I have done with the car so far. The stroker kit is still scheduled for this Jan. and then the KB 2.4 after that.

Is this what you had in mind???

IMO this is exactly what they should build, either with out without the shaker.  I know that the shaker isn't authentic to the 69 BOSS, but there are many of them that had the shaker added aftermarket.

1133[/snapback]

That is exactly what I was talking about. The shaker is still a nice addition. Very cool. I hope some Ford execs are observing this.

WHOA!!!  I just noticed you linked to my thread there.  I am so flattered that people like what I have done with the car so far.  The stroker kit is still scheduled for this Jan. and then the KB 2.4 after that.

1134[/snapback]

Near perfect, if you ask me (I guess you just need the BOSS emblems, and the stroker kit)! Oooooh, yeah....add that KB and you are kickin' the donkey's rear-end all over the place!!! :lol: NICE RIG!!!

PS, yer welcome, Mr. S...

Near perfect, if you ask me (I guess you just need the BOSS emblems, and the stroker kit)!  Oooooh, yeah....add that KB and you are kickin' the donkey's rear-end all over the place!!!  :lol:  NICE RIG!!!

PS, yer welcome, Mr. S...

1136[/snapback]

Calling all Bullitt Mustang geeks.....There's a guy named McQueen in a high speed persuit of an Elvis Costello eyeglass wearing dude in Charger on Speed channel right now. It's funny watching the stunt guys turning the wheel 180 degrees to change lanes back then! :lol:

Calling all Bullitt Mustang geeks.....There's a guy named McQueen in a high speed persuit of an Elvis Costello eyeglass wearing dude in Charger on Speed channel right now.  It's funny watching the stunt guys turning the wheel 180 degrees to change lanes back then!  :lol:

1166[/snapback]

Hey, I resemble that remark. :lol::lol::lol:

post-1973-1133148107_thumb.jpg

Archived