TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance Quote

I called my state farm agent today and was finally able to get a quote on the Shelby. In Oklahoma, good driving record, multi-car discount, etc is $516.47 every 6 months. I'm glad to finally know.

Age?

I am 39, clean record, no driving kids. $740.00/year. This is from my insurance co. Not State Farm.

State Farm is a little salty for a 24 year old male. I've had them since I was 16 and still have them for my Jimmy, which I am selling for $9,000 if anyone is interested, RUFDRAFT, '99 SLT 4x4 w/ all opt. 66k.

I quoted our '05 gt and they said $220/mo. All-state was $120/mo.

Guess who got our ins.

State Farm is a little salty for a 24 year old male. I've had them since I was 16 and still have them for my Jimmy, which I am selling for $9,000 if anyone is interested, RUFDRAFT, '99 SLT 4x4 w/ all opt. 66k.

I quoted our '05 gt and they said $220/mo. All-state was $120/mo.

Guess who got our ins.

Hey rufdraft make shure he takes out the NOS system before you buy the 99 slt just kidding (lol) :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

State Farm just called me with my quotes here in Michigan & these are the prices. I have only 3 points on my drivers License (Should have had the radar detector that day :rant: ).

I suggest you check into rates for multiple discounts by adding a 2nd car or boat, House & then ask about storage rates (which limits the miles per year you can drive it like 7,000 miles) & ask about different deductible amounts so you don't get Sticker shock.

Here in Michigan they give the car a replacement/repair cost rating of 31 which they said is one of the highest ratings they have ever seen on a quote for a car & they said Coupes cost more than Convertibles to insure.

Monthly storage payment on a Coupe $166.51

($1,998.12 yr.) with a $500 deductible

Monthly storage payment on a Coupe $142.55

($,1710.60 yr.) with a $1000 deductible

Monthly storage payment on a Convertible $141.00

($1,692.00 yr.) with a $500 deductible

Monthly storage payment on a Convertible $121.10

($1,453.20 yr.) with a $1000 deductible

I am with State Farm also. I just got my quote. For full coverage in WI ($250 ded) was $480/6 mo. That is for 30y/o male and 28 y/o female. With at least 5 years of clean driving and we have everything we own insured with them. I think a lot of insurance has to do with the agent. My agent is great. They are always looking for ways to save me money or provide me with more coverage/services for little to no increase in premiums. I still need to ask them for replacement value adder. When I store the car in the winter it will cost me around $15/mo for comprehensive.

I am with State Farm also. I just got my quote. For full coverage in WI ($250 ded) was $480/6 mo. That is for 30y/o male and 28 y/o female. With at least 5 years of clean driving and we have everything we own insured with them. I think a lot of insurance has to do with the agent. My agent is great. They are always looking for ways to save me money or provide me with more coverage/services for little to no increase in premiums. I still need to ask them for replacement value adder. When I store the car in the winter it will cost me around $15/mo for comprehensive.

Yeah, they told me that Michigan has the worst rates of all states....thank the car jackers for that in Motown!

Try insuring in Canada. Toronto specifically. I'm afraid to see what the insurance on this car will be.

Hamilton rates are just as bad as T.O. Since all small towns around the Hamilton area are put in to the mega city , my insurance has over doubled. I am only a 1/2 mile from the Niagara zone but I am put in with the Hamilton rates. Big rip off!

I'm noticing a lot of low deductibles. I usually carry $1000 deductible on comp/coll...am I weird? I'm usually "afraid" to put in small claims anyway. And, on bigger claims, $1000 isn't that bad since those claims rarely occur and, across my vehicles, I easily save a few hundred dollars/year with a bigger deductible.

I also save some money by keeping my liability limits relatively low and then insuring with a larger umbrella policy across my home/boat/car/motorcycle/etc.

Just something to think about.

Archived