TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Order Process...What should I be looking for?

jrichard

I finally struck a deal to order a 2007 GT500. Given that I've had one dealer go back on a deal, I'm a bit skeptical.

I've looked through past threads, but I'd like to get absolute clarification on the order process and the documents available to me during that process. I'd appreciate help from the experts and those that have been through this part of the process:

I'm ordering from an out-of-state dealer, so my communication will be via phone/fax/email.

When the dealer tells me he has ordered the car, is there any paper for my review?

Once it is ordered, I understand that Ford will give the dealer a DORA (presumably within 1 day?)

What is the next "document" in the trail? Is it the assignment of a VIN? And after that...something to document the build date?

In reading past threads, I've seen folks mention that the car has been "serialized", the order "segmented", received a sheduled build date, a sequence date...etc. "Build date" is obvious, but what are the meanings of the other items?

I know to make sure I see priority 10 on the DORA... :party:

I finally struck a deal to order a 2007 GT500. Given that I've had one dealer go back on a deal, I'm a bit skeptical.

I've looked through past threads, but I'd like to get absolute clarification on the order process and the documents available to me during that process. I'd appreciate help from the experts and those that have been through this part of the process:

I'm ordering from an out-of-state dealer, so my communication will be via phone/fax/email.

When the dealer tells me he has ordered the car, is there any paper for my review?

Once it is ordered, I understand that Ford will give the dealer a DORA (presumably within 1 day?)

What is the next "document" in the trail? Is it the assignment of a VIN? And after that...something to document the build date?

In reading past threads, I've seen folks mention that the car has been "serialized", the order "segmented", received a sheduled build date, a sequence date...etc. "Build date" is obvious, but what are the meanings of the other items?

I know to make sure I see priority 10 on the DORA... :party:

How the scheduling, production and shipping goes for a new vehicle!

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order

When the order is received from the dealers (You give the dealer a deposit and they put the order into the order bank.)

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created

When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built

When they figure (roughly) that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built

When they figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day

When they figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

Thanks for the info!

Can you (or someone else) provide more with respect to documenting the order? For example, is there any paperwork generated at the time the order is input or is the first piece of paper the DORA from Ford? And, after the DORA, is there any additional paper that I should be looking for?

Thanks for the info!

Can you (or someone else) provide more with respect to documenting the order? For example, is there any paperwork generated at the time the order is input or is the first piece of paper the DORA from Ford? And, after the DORA, is there any additional paper that I should be looking for?

I've seen some people mention a VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation). This is essentially the screen on the computer BEFORE they push the button to send the order to Ford. I would not worry too much about this if you have the DORA. After that, I'm less clear on other papers. I think the DORA gets updated as the car progresses, so you might be able to get printouts of it at several stages...if your dealer doesn't mind you bothering them every week. :hysterical:

I'll let others answer from here...they know more.

Dave

Archived