TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The GT500 Takes to the Track

alley oop

I had a buddy that sat in one of the GT 500's at the Tulsa Shelby meet. He had a 2003 Cobra Vert and wanted to see how heavy the clutch pedal was and the shifter. He said the clutch is much softer than the 03 and the shifter is a much shorter throw. His only negative was that he didn't like the hood.

Wow! Nice Video...HTT was hitting those corners pretty nice! 137 down the front straight at MI is very respectable for a dead stock pre-prod street car!!! And what was the reporter saying about catching up to a 500HP Ford 500 or some such???!!?? And when he pulled onto pit road, what was that car in front of him with the tall wing? Another GT500?

Wow! Nice Video...HTT was hitting those corners pretty nice! 137 down the front straight at MI is very respectable for a dead stock pre-prod street car!!! And what was the reporter saying about catching up to a 500HP Ford 500 or some such???!!?? And when he pulled onto pit road, what was that car in front of him with the tall wing? Another GT500?

The FR Man Racer. Trans Am anyone?

Maybe I missed something buit the video is at Road America in central Wisconsin. I will be running my Bonurant car there in August. The thing with the big wing is a 500, not a GT500 but a ford 500. Well, at least the body is, the chassis is from a Ford GT. A tech school in MI built it with fords help.

Archived