TEAM SHELBY FORUM

a topic to help others in waiting.

wildosvt

Lets get a topic going that can help others "gueestimate" when the next step could come.

I know its not an exact science, But atleast will make the waiting more "fun" if this could even be fun.

I got my DORA the date of order. 06/06/06 Yeah, I know.....

I am waiting on the next step. My salesman said august looks kind of promising but dont count on anything. He says my PL could expire before the car comes.

If there is an exact step by step (dora,voc,vin) on how it should go please correct me.

if everyone finds this thread stupid and not constructive to the forum vote to delete it if you wish.

:play:

hi guys,

my dora says.....

order recpt date.....04/03/06

processed....05/31/06

schd....is blank..../..../

assembly plant flat rock

vin# vht88s 75

continues on to say that this is not an invoice...it provides tenative price info that would apply if vehicle is produced to the specs shown....prices are subject to change without notice.......

this order is conditioned upon final certification of the vehicle

goes on to give options and prices...

ship thru mazda port woodhvn

22400 vreeland road

woodhaven ,mi

changes to order....pep/order code

COMPAT/HOLDS/INFO ******does this mean anything?????

Then the last paragraph says...and if anyone can HELP on this......

Please contact region to schedule ******does this mean dealer must call someone to schedule car???cust# paul nikodemo

Can anyone tell me anything more from this DORA?

Dealer is a non President awards winner,non full line SVT, but a SVT Focus seller.......priority code 10...hoping for before September...thoughts anyone????

My DORA has an order receipt date of 03/22/06, and a DORA processed date of 05/31/06. I believe the 05/31/06 date was due to being priced by Ford. I am a Priority Code 12 and my dealer, a large, SVT, Presidents Award dealer, initially told me June or July but is now telling me that it could be the end of August. :wacko:

Still no schedule date or VIN.

I'm concerned because my DORA says "PLEASE CONTACT REGION TO SCHEDULE" but my dealer tells me just to sit tight. If anyone has a way to get an update, other than the automated line that doesn't recognize T88, please let me know.

My DORA has an order receipt date of 03/22/06, and a DORA processed date of 05/31/06. I believe the 05/31/06 date was due to being priced by Ford. I am a Priority Code 12 and my dealer, a large, SVT, Presidents Award dealer, initially told me June or July but is now telling me that it could be the end of August. :wacko:

Still no schedule date or VIN.

I'm concerned because my DORA says "PLEASE CONTACT REGION TO SCHEDULE" but my dealer tells me just to sit tight. If anyone has a way to get an update, other than the automated line that doesn't recognize T88, please let me know.

How are you guys getting a DORA, My dealer indicated they never give those out?

Cheers,

Requis

Cheers,

Requis

That's odd...I think dealers DO give them out. Maybe you can ask a different salesperson at that dealership, see if they will print it out for you. Alternatively, push a bit and ask "why" they never give them out.

I read another thread in here that showed a letter from Ford discussing the order in which Shelbys would be built. In this memo, it stated that cars will be provided basically in order of dealer certification status. In other words, Presidents Award dealers will get theirs first (at least the car(s) they get just for winning that award), then full line SVT and/or Focus SVT would be next. Finally would come the "Select" dealers...which I understand to be the ones that paid the $1,500 cert fee just to sell this car (this is the case for my order).

I know this doesn't answer all the questions, but it's becoming more clear to me that this is not an exact science, and we'll all just have to be patient.

There doesn't seem to be a solid relationship between when you get a DORA or any other "milestone" and when you would take delivery of your car.

Dave

Cheers,

Requis

Dealers do not have to give out the DORA as it is not a required piece of documentation for a sale. Some dealers will give you a copy of the DORA, while other refuse. I can't imagine why a dealer wouldn't make a copy of the DORA for a customer - we always do - but to each their own, I guess.

We have six GT500's on order. All were ordered in March 2006. As of 6/12/06 five of them are still on "material hold" status with Priority Codes of 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14, respectively.

Our first order has been pulled long ago and was built last week (6/09/06, I believe). It has a Priority Code of 01 and currently has a status of "released from plant" with an ETA to us of "week of 6/23." That's a Friday, and statuses get updated weekly. As all GT500's are supposed to be held up until 6/26 for inspections, I'm guessing that ours won't actually ship until 6/26 and arrive here later that week.

We are a 2005 President's Award dealer, and are also a full-line SVT dealer since the beginning (1993). Plus, we're a large volume dealer.

As 2007's will be built all the way until summer of 2007, I suspect that we'll get a GT500 every 2 months or so. The last order we have in may not get here for a year.

I hope this info helps some of you guage your order timing.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 14 2006, 10:22 PM) 20544[/snapback]

Thanks for all the info Five Oh...good to know. Did you receive the memo from Ford that is posted elsewhere in the forum about the way orders will be filled? It's under the thread of something like "Those who ordered from small dealers" or something like that...check it out and respond if you would please.

I assume "select" dealers are the ones that paid the cert fee just to sell this car...correct? If so, then the memo indicates my car delivery/build will be dependent upon a monthly lottery...yikes!

Dave

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 14 2006, 10:22 PM) 20544[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks for all the info Five Oh...good to know. Did you receive the memo from Ford that is posted elsewhere in the forum about the way orders will be filled? It's under the thread of something like "Those who ordered from small dealers" or something like that...check it out and respond if you would please.

I assume "select" dealers are the ones that paid the cert fee just to sell this car...correct? If so, then the memo indicates my car delivery/build will be dependent upon a monthly lottery...yikes!

Dave

Dave, that memo was for "select" dealers, which are Ford dealers that do NOT have a Ford rep who regularly visits them to get their ordering and allocation scheduled. Dealers with a regular Ford rep who visits for ordering and allocation are called "contact" dealers. Select dealers are often small dealers located in remote areas, and they are kind of like their own little region within Ford, so they are competing only with each other for allocation of GT500's - not with us big contact dealers in the metro areas. This helps to level the playing field for the little/remote dealers who wouldn't have a chance at getting good allocation otherwise.

Even though my guy called to get my order the first week of April,

and he says my order has been pulled by Ford, he continues to say

that he has not recieved a DORA yet!!!!!!!

I think it's BULL :censored: !!!!!!!

But, I don't know what to do about it, without saying I think he's full of :censored: ???

He always comes accross as being annoyed with any phone call I make, and

any questions I ask, like I'm an inconvenience. (every few months I call)

:censored::rant::finger::banghead::sos::headscratch: :angry2:

KingCobra

Cheers,

Requis

Can`t see why they wouldn`t give it to you. I was given the dora for my 2002 Tbird soon as the banks open so I asked for the dora for the Shelby so I could see my name , position and priority. I have all three pages so I know my car is on order. Even if they will not let you have it, ask if you can see it.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 14 2006, 08:44 PM) 20558[/snapback]

Dave, that memo was for "select" dealers, which are Ford dealers that do NOT have a Ford rep who regularly visits them to get their ordering and allocation scheduled. Dealers with a regular Ford rep who visits for ordering and allocation are called "contact" dealers. Select dealers are often small dealers located in remote areas, and they are kind of like their own little region within Ford, so they are competing only with each other for allocation of GT500's - not with us big contact dealers in the metro areas. This helps to level the playing field for the little/remote dealers who wouldn't have a chance at getting good allocation otherwise.

FiveOh,

Thanks for clarification on the "select" status. Since my dealer is in a tiny mountain town 3 hours out of Denver, I'm guessing they are probably a "select" dealer. I just hope they get a good lottery pick.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 14 2006, 08:44 PM) 20558[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

FiveOh,

Thanks for clarification on the "select" status. Since my dealer is in a tiny mountain town 3 hours out of Denver, I'm guessing they are probably a "select" dealer. I just hope they get a good lottery pick.

Iwas the one who posted the email about the select dealers and my dealer just got another email asking if my order was still the way I wanted it because it is going to be scheduled tommorrow 06/16 :happy feet: :happy feet: . As soon as I get the build date I'll post it. And yes my dealer is in a small town in Oregon.

Iwas the one who posted the email about the select dealers and my dealer just got another email asking if my order was still the way I wanted it because it is going to be scheduled tommorrow 06/16 :happy feet: :happy feet: . As soon as I get the build date I'll post it. And yes my dealer is in a small town in Oregon.

Congrats! That gives me a little hope that maybe I won't have to pick up mine in the dead of winter in the middle of a blizzard.

All were ordered in March 2006. As of 6/12/06 five of them are still on "material hold" status with Priority Codes of 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14, respectively.

What does the term "material hold" exactly mean?

My order was placed on May 20th with a priority code of 10 and the only info I can get is that it is on material hold and that there is a partial vin number. I thought that I read somewhere a while back that material hold meant that the pieces and parts were being allocated to build the car.

Thanks!

Chris

But, I don't know what to do about it, without saying I think he's full of :censored: ???

KingCobra

Kingcobra,

Get another dealer, there should be no reason way he can't give you a DORA,

that is unless he hasn't ordered it for you :nonono:

KingCobra

Do you have your v.o.c should have info on that wether it is infact ordered.

Shelby 001

What is the v.o.c.???

I have it in writing that I will get the car for MSRP. I sent a letter along with my deposit last

year that my deposit was for the #2 2007 Shelby GT500 coupe for MSRP. When they cashed the check

they legally accepted the terms of the deposit. He has never done anything but confirm this....verbally.

But, now I want something in writing!!!!!!!

A purchase agreement.

A DORA sheet.

A VIN.

A build date.

He says my order was pulled by Ford a couple of weeks ago, but I have heard nothing since.

KingCobra.

What is the v.o.c.???

I have it in writing that I will get the car for MSRP. I sent a letter along with my deposit last

year that my deposit was for the #2 2007 Shelby GT500 coupe for MSRP. When they cashed the check

they legally accepted the terms of the deposit. He has never done anything but confirm this....verbally.

A purchase agreement.

A DORA sheet.

A VIN.

A build date.

He says my order was pulled by Ford a couple of weeks ago, but I have heard nothing since.

KingCobra.

You definitely need to speak with the owner or manager and get a statement in writing.

It your dealer is on the up and up, he will gladly give you the reassurance in writing.

Go for it! :bandance:

What is the v.o.c.???

A purchase agreement.

A DORA sheet.

A VIN.

A build date.

KingCobra.

Kingcobra,

I have received all of the above from my dealer, I must add that I too suffer from PSDS,

sooo I talk to my dealer 2-3 times a week(not to mention Andrew at SVT).

Again there's NO REASON why he cannot even mail or fax your DORA,

the moment the car is ordered the dealer gets a receipt, this is basically the DORA

The guy I deal with is the SVT manager!!!

And they are (I believe, the largest SVT dealer in British Columbia).

And what is the v.o.c.???

KingCobra.

Hi, I have a copy of the v.o.c., Vehicle order confirmation. The Dealer did not give me the DORA but I have the voc. Order was sent in and has my name and the price with options.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 14 2006, 07:22 PM) 20544[/snapback]

Dealers do not have to give out the DORA as it is not a required piece of documentation for a sale. Some dealers will give you a copy of the DORA, while other refuse. I can't imagine why a dealer wouldn't make a copy of the DORA for a customer - we always do - but to each their own, I guess.

We have six GT500's on order. All were ordered in March 2006. As of 6/12/06 five of them are still on "material hold" status with Priority Codes of 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14, respectively.

Our first order has been pulled long ago and was built last week (6/09/06, I believe). It has a Priority Code of 01 and currently has a status of "released from plant" with an ETA to us of "week of 6/23." That's a Friday, and statuses get updated weekly. As all GT500's are supposed to be held up until 6/26 for inspections, I'm guessing that ours won't actually ship until 6/26 and arrive here later that week.

We are a 2005 President's Award dealer, and are also a full-line SVT dealer since the beginning (1993). Plus, we're a large volume dealer.

As 2007's will be built all the way until summer of 2007, I suspect that we'll get a GT500 every 2 months or so. The last order we have in may not get here for a year.

Hi, I was reading your post and saw you have a total of 6 cars ordered. If we have not seen share of nation numbers yet, how do you know about the additionial 2 cars.

Archived