TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next S.E.- What would you like?

crispy23c

Just thought about this, my fellow SVT freaks:

If you end up not getting the GT500 (cringe), what would be your next choice for an SVT sponsored Mustang?

Things I would like to see:

-Boss Mustang (looks like the GTR with a smaller wing, like the '69). Light weight, low CG, High-revver (7500 rpm plus), short-stroked small block;

- A Mach 1 Convertible. Yes, a Mach 1 convertible. More power than a GT, 350-400 HP, shaker hood, Mach 1 graphics, maybe a 5.4. An S.E. convertible with more testes than a GT, damnit!!! :rolleyes:

- A GT 350. Blown Aluminum 4.6, 425hp. Lighter & better handling than the GT 500. Same visual cues as the '500.

Would anyone else like this kind of stuff from SVT? Any other thoughts?

Whether it be a BOSS or a GT350, I'd like to see a lighter weight, say 2600lbs, aluminum block with 375-400hp.  The potential 475hp of the GT500 get my motor runnin, but in weight...She's a porker!!! 

KingCobra.

919[/snapback]

I agree, it must be light weight [3200-3300lbs],GTR type naturally asperated with great mid to high range power and distintive looks. Either 5.0 or 5.4 Alum block.

Whether it be a BOSS or a GT350, I'd like to see a lighter weight, say 2600lbs, aluminum block with 375-400hp.  The potential 475hp of the GT500 get my motor runnin, but in weight...She's a porker!!! 

KingCobra.

919[/snapback]

Sorry, KC, but you will never see a 2600 lb Mustang in this body style. The FRC500 (Ford's Racing Mustang), stripped down bare weighed 3150 (if I recall correctly) and cost $125k. It kicks hiney on the track!

Now, if they could get it down to 3400#s we would be lucky. The '500 will probably be 3700+ lbs when all is said and done, and composites aren't that cheap to mass produce for weight reduction.

That's why I voted for a smaller, high output, high revving engine. Lose the weight in the nose, drop the cg, mount the battery in the rear for better balance, light weight wheels for better response & less unsprung weight. 3400 lbs, 400-425 horse would slap alot of Hi-Po cars stupid. Short-stroke the motor and they wouldn't know what passed them. This wouldn't kill our wallets, and it would corner great, too! B)

• 3 years later...
Just thought about this, my fellow SVT freaks:

If you end up not getting the GT500 (cringe), what would be your next choice for an SVT sponsored Mustang?

Things I would like to see:

-Boss Mustang (looks like the GTR with a smaller wing, like the '69). Light weight, low CG, High-revver (7500 rpm plus), short-stroked small block;

- A Mach 1 Convertible. Yes, a Mach 1 convertible. More power than a GT, 350-400 HP, shaker hood, Mach 1 graphics, maybe a 5.4. An S.E. convertible with more testes than a GT, damnit!!! rolleyes.gif

- A GT 350. Blown Aluminum 4.6, 425hp. Lighter & better handling than the GT 500. Same visual cues as the '500.

Would anyone else like this kind of stuff from SVT? Any other thoughts?

Chris,

I would have to say that I want to see the Boss come back.

Archived