TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone from Europe besides me that ordered a Shelby GT500

DutchGT500

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I got mine two days ago... Not interested in my car?

I'm very interested in everyone's cars as my site looks better and better with your cars on it!

So please, by all means e-mail me some pictures, the last 6 of the VIN, your name and country you're from and i'll happily add you to the list.

Tell your friends too, and Congratulations on purchasing an awesome product!

--Russ

• 2 months later...

I'm very interested in everyone's cars as my site looks better and better with your cars on it!

So please, by all means e-mail me some pictures, the last 6 of the VIN, your name and country you're from and i'll happily add you to the list.

Tell your friends too, and Congratulations on purchasing an awesome product!

--Russ

Hey Russ,

I had a VIN on Nov 28 and am still waiting here. It was supposed to be at the dealership on Dec 8. The car was built on Nov 11. But so many guys are waiting because of so many factors. Hold on plant or foreign plant, raildepot etc..

My 97 Cobra is also in your registry.

Hey guys, I have a question for you. I saw a GT500 that was test driven by a British guy and it had different tail lamp colors. The middle segment was clear instead of red. Can any of you tell me more about this? Is it part of your safety laws? I wonder about swapping mine for those, I like them better...but I don't want to get in trouble with Johnny Law here. If I decide to go this way, can you find me a Ford part number?

Here is the video link.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/29/video-g...-on-fifth-gear/

Thoughts?

Dave

Hey guys, I have a question for you. I saw a GT500 that was test driven by a British guy and it had different tail lamp colors. The middle segment was clear instead of red. Can any of you tell me more about this? Is it part of your safety laws? I wonder about swapping mine for those, I like them better...but I don't want to get in trouble with Johnny Law here. If I decide to go this way, can you find me a Ford part number?

Here is the video link.

Thoughts?

Dave

I can only tell you about the Swedish laws, but I think they're the same throughout the EC. In Sweden the turnsignal cannot be the same color (ie red) as the brakelight, they have to be orange, usually behind a clear glass. We also have to have a turnsignal on each side of the car. Personally I think these changes are hideous...

/Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the video link.

Thoughts?

Dave

Dave,

I think in Britain they have to have large back up lights or it is a clear turnsignal with amber bulb. It probably is the latter. At 1.38 you can see the amber bulb. I do not have the partnumber for that. You also see the triangular Ford Mondeo side turnsignal lights. So you have to drill a hole. Not on my Shelby. In The Netherlands you have to have that too but I have a set of CDC turnsignal mirrorglasses. That is allowed. We also have to have clear glass turnsignals on the front but that is for getting the licenseplate only. After that I will change it back to original. Also we have to have a red foglight at the back which is a lot brighter then the other lights in the rear. We take the inner left light for that. The switch for that on my car will be a somewhere hanging under the dash thing. No drilling anywhere. ETA of my car at the dealer is this week and then mid Jan here.

Dave,

I think in Britain they have to have large back up lights or it is a clear turnsignal with amber bulb. It probably is the latter. At 1.38 you can see the amber bulb. I do not have the partnumber for that. You also see the triangular Ford Mondeo side turnsignal lights. So you have to drill a hole. Not on my Shelby. In The Netherlands you have to have that too but I have a set of CDC turnsignal mirrorglasses. That is allowed. We also have to have clear glass turnsignals on the front but that is for getting the licenseplate only. After that I will change it back to original. Also we have to have a red foglight at the back which is a lot brighter then the other lights in the rear. We take the inner left light for that. The switch for that on my car will be a somewhere hanging under the dash thing. No drilling anywhere. ETA of my car at the dealer is this week and then mid Jan here.

Thanks pj. Sounds like more trouble than I thought...wiring harnesses and so on perhaps too.

Dave

Thanks pj. Sounds like more trouble than I thought...wiring harnesses and so on perhaps too.

Dave

I think so too. You can probably order those lights in UK but if you use your harness it will be a brake light. And it would be strange to see when you put on your turn signal. Outside red and amber middle.

• 1 year later...

hello

i am an american who just purchased a 2008 Shelby Cobra GT00 i will pick it up at the port in Bremerhaven Germany on March 15 2008, i have yet to see any of these cars in germay which is where i am stationed, are there any car clubs or reccomended websites here in europe in english for this car email me at rocknrollrickey69@yahoo.com anything would be helpful

• 1 month later...

Got my GT500 2008 in process of export to France. Still in California for now. However I have got from ebay UK the clear rear lights (made in Taiwan ;) ). They are good quality so far. They allow for amber turn signals and rear fog lights mandatory in the EC while having a clean look and wiring (provided with all connectors, only separate turn signals and a switched rear fog light signal must be provided).

For me they look OK as they remind of the racing stripes on the car. The side repeater are not mandatory in France, so no drilling in the fender for me :rolleyes: . Also for EC the parking light must be eliminated from front signals and inserted inside headlamps (because amber parking light are not authorized).

Beside paying the killing custom taxes, the most difficult part seem to reduce the noise to 73db at full throttle in 3rd gear. This requires modifications and there is some room for interpretation during the (damn expensive as well) test.

• 1 month later...
hello

i am an american who just purchased a 2008 Shelby Cobra GT00 i will pick it up at the port in Bremerhaven Germany on March 15 2008, i have yet to see any of these cars in germay which is where i am stationed, are there any car clubs or reccomended websites here in europe in english for this car email me at rocknrollrickey69@yahoo.com anything would be helpful

Mighty Mustangs is a good forum. Even more GT500 you can meet on http://www.dr-mustang.com

Unfortunately this forum is a German speaking forum but you also will get answers on English questions.

These guys will help you with meetings and other stuff.

Archived