TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOW TO GET MY NEW GT 500 SIGNED BY CARROL SHELBY

Roch

I WILL BE GETTING MY NEW CAR IN MID JULY. AND WOULD LIKE TO GET IT SIGN BY CARROL SHELBY AND MEET HIM AT THE SAME TIME. PLEASE HELP ME OUT. ANY WHERE, ANY TIME WOULD BE GOOD.

Great question. I am wondering the same thing. Maybe some of the special events that are happening around the country promoting the car? Robert? Anyone have any ideas? MCA 30th gathering in Alabama in September? I think there are lots of us on here that would love to meet Mr. Carrol Shelby in person and have him sign something on our cars.

There is a 16 city summer tour with the GT500. robertlane just got back from the first one in Tulsa and he has a post in the news thread. Anyhow, the last one is scheudled to be in Las Vegas the end of September. That's not too far from Carroll's shop near LA. Maybe something could be arranged in Vegas at the last stop of the tour? Many of us should have our cars by then.

I don't know about meeting him, but to get something signed by him all you need to do is send it to him. Look at his website, www.shelbyautos.com. He asks for a $100 donation to his charity for signing a non-car item, or a $200 donation to his charity for signing an actual car part.

I want to have him sign the passenger side panel on the dash (where you typically see his signature, as in picture below) but it's an air-bag cover plate, so I'm not sure if there's a trick to taking it off or not. Anyone know about that?

post-2968-1150204578_thumb.jpg

I WILL BE GETTING MY NEW CAR IN MID JULY. AND WOULD LIKE TO GET IT SIGN BY CARROL SHELBY AND MEET HIM AT THE SAME TIME. PLEASE HELP ME OUT. ANY WHERE, ANY TIME WOULD BE GOOD.

Shelby willbe at the S.A.A.C -31 convention being held in Virgina June 30, &July1&2/06

You can also send items through the mail for him to sign all proceeds go to the Shelby`s Children Heart Foundation.

Shelby 001

There is a 16 city summer tour with the GT500. robertlane just got back from the first one in Tulsa and he has a post in the news thread. Anyhow, the last one is scheudled to be in Las Vegas the end of September. That's not too far from Carroll's shop near LA. Maybe something could be arranged in Vegas at the last stop of the tour? Many of us should have our cars by then.

The Shelby Headquarters are in Las Vegas at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I don't know how much time he actually spends there, but he has always been at the "Shelby Does Vegas" meet that is held every year, lately in February. He has had autograph sessions at each event, however he is usually sitting at a table signing items, so it may be difficult to get him over to your car. I took the passenger side sunvisor from my car to have him sign, and I've had several other items autographed over the years. It is definitely more fun to get his signature in person rather than just mailing something in. I would send something to him in the meantime, just to be sure to get one because sometimes there are more people wanting autographs than he has time to sign at meets.

P.S. - The Vegas meet is typically pretty good for getting autographs because it is not a huge meet.

I live within 55 miles of his home in Pittsburg, Texas. He has typically been at the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas meet every year, but they didn't have a meet last year and I have not heard about one this year. I would recommend sending something to him at Shelby American. He is on the road alot and is difficult to catch. I saw him at SEMA this year also and got him to sign one of the GT 500 tech cards.

A sun Visor is a good thing to have signed - espeically the upper side. You can drop it down for display and it is protected the rest of the time when you are not using it.

He has a beautiful signature and is a very friendly guy. I have met him several times and even had lunch with him once in the early 1980's in Pittsburg. Good luck on having something signed.

I don't know about meeting him, but to get something signed by him all you need to do is send it to him. Look at his website, www.shelbyautos.com. He asks for a $100 donation to his charity for signing a non-car item, or a $200 donation to his charity for signing an actual car part.

I want to have him sign the passenger side panel on the dash (where you typically see his signature, as in picture below) but it's an air-bag cover plate, so I'm not sure if there's a trick to taking it off or not. Anyone know about that?

WILDCAT i have the same idea im going to check with a ford dealership parts department. They usually have a computer blowout image on how the parts are assembled . If you notice there is a split in the decorative plastic panel where the signature is . As you know this is where the air bag deploys. I believe this plastic trim panel can be removed you just have to be very careful you also have to disconnect the battery before you begin. I am going to order an actual gt500 part and clips and hardware when they become available to see how its assembled . If you get any info please let me know thanks. :rockon:

post-2968-1150204578_thumb.jpg You can also check a regular mustang gt with the interior upgrade package

Guys, hang tight. FORD will make sure that we get something handsigned by Mr. Shelby. It'll probably be via a Numbered 'stick on' Certificate, or Dash Plaque sent in the mail. This car is too significant for it not to happen. Those who bought 03/04 Cobras, in Canada at least, know what I'm talking about. :D

Guys, hang tight. FORD will make sure that we get something handsigned by Mr. Shelby. It'll probably be via a Numbered 'stick on' Certificate, or Dash Plaque sent in the mail. This car is too significant for it not to happen. Those who bought 03/04 Cobras, in Canada at least, know what I'm talking about. :D

Thanks 07 SHELBY, hope your correct .

Archived