TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aoutomobile Magazine

gt5001

In a quick scan of the topics, I didn't see anything on Automobile mag's article on the GT500. If I missed it, sorry for the duplication.

Don Sherman, certainly not a newcomer to testing and auto journalism, did the piece and it's favorable. A few negatives about the the suspension, but he accurately points out this is a muscle car. Anyhow, the numbers are:

0-60 - 4.9

Quarter mile: 13.1/115

One disturbing note that's not in the article. On the index page is a tight shot of the rear of a white/blue Shelby, probably one of the cars all the buff books thrasted about in their testing. On the lower part of the rear spoiler the plastic stripe is ripped. Doesn't appear to bode well for the strip kit.

In a quick scan of the topics, I didn't see anything on Automobile mag's article on the GT500. If I missed it, sorry for the duplication.

Don Sherman, certainly not a newcomer to testing and auto journalism, did the piece and it's favorable. A few negatives about the the suspension, but he accurately points out this is a muscle car. Anyhow, the numbers are:

0-60 - 4.9

Quarter mile: 13.1/115

One disturbing note that's not in the article. On the index page is a tight shot of the rear of a white/blue Shelby, probably one of the cars all the buff books thrasted about in their testing. On the lower part of the rear spoiler the plastic stripe is ripped. Doesn't appear to bode well for the strip kit.

OH BOY ---Q/T are getting worse now & the strpes are falling off what next.

OH BOY ---Q/T are getting worse now & the strpes are falling off what next.

I question a bunch of these times if they are copying each other, using estimates from Ford, etc. How many really went to the strip and tested the car...not many. Time will tell.

Archived