TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If there wasn't a Shelby, what would you want?

robertlane

How about a Boss 281 .vs. a Boss 329?

883[/snapback]

The modular 281 is great and all but it would blend in w/ the newer Mach & Cobras. Bring back the 302 for a Boss. Or even better (drool) the 351! C'mon Robert, it was already done by you guys back in Aug with this test pony fitted w/ a V-10!! I'd line up for one just like the Shelby.

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...oss/index2.html

The modular 281 is great and all but it would blend in w/ the newer Mach & Cobras. Bring back the 302 for a Boss. Or even better (drool) the 351! C'mon Robert,  it was already done by you guys back in Aug with this test pony fitted w/ a V-10!! I'd line up for one just like the Shelby.

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...oss/index2.html

890[/snapback]

Not for me. V10=too much weight for a Trans-Am style car. Pack a nice compact V-8, low c-g, vacuum assist to suck the ground while cornering (kidding!), and make it pull like a freight train through about 7500 rpm...and lighten it as much as reasonable....

In fact, if they made one of these, I would probably add this after I get the Shelby- if the wife doesn't kill me. :rolleyes:

My .02 Thanks for asking!

Not for me.  V10=too much weight for a Trans-Am style car.  Pack a nice compact V-8, low c-g, vacuum assist to suck the ground while cornering (kidding!), and make it pull like a freight train through about 7500 rpm...and lighten it as much as reasonable....

In fact, if they made one of these, I would probably add this after I get the Shelby- if the wife doesn't kill me.  :rolleyes:

My .02  Thanks for asking!

892[/snapback]

I hear ya. The wife still thinks I'm subtracting one of the current ponies in the corral for the Shel.

True. It doesn't gotta have a V-10, just the cubes!

How about this... I know Ford's Mustangs are meant to be strong yet affordable. I'm sure thats why they lag behind other motor companies such as, Dodge's Viper and Chevrollette's Corvette. (don't mind the spelling!)

Anyways, why not just take a risk and make a $70,000 + Mustang and call it something original. I know there will always be some Mustang junkies who might argue about the price ( I know I can't afford it ) but wouldn't it be nice to know that they're taking Mustangs to a whole new level? And if they MUST make another Mustang in their average price range, why not call it something original? They must work hard to make it worth having an alien name though. Not only will that attract new comers, it can be something like a new beggining for Mustangs. I know nothing can beat a classic, they've been part of our heritage for quite some time but seriouslly you honestly think there will be people like us for ever? I am pretty sure our kind dies off a little every couple years. I don't know, maybe I'm not explaining this right? And please don't get me wrong, keep coming out with rebirths of older models but, a new Mustang name would surelly be something worth seeing in a life time. Heck, it might just be added into the next era of classic Mustangs 20 years later? Anyways, I just get a lot of ideas and opinions. I like to share them to see how people react. I do mean what I say and always in the best of ways. Much love to you all! B)

How about this... I know Ford's Mustangs are meant to be strong yet affordable. I'm sure thats why they lag behind other motor companies such as, Dodge's Viper and Chevrollette's Corvette. (don't mind the spelling!)

Anyways, why not just take a risk and make a $70,000 + Mustang and call it something original. I know there will always be some Mustang junkies who might argue about the price ( I know I can't afford it ) but wouldn't it be nice to know that they're taking Mustangs to a whole new level? And if they MUST make another Mustang in their average price range, why not call it something original? They must work hard to make it worth having an alien name though. Not only will that attract new comers, it can be something like a new beggining for Mustangs. I know nothing can beat a classic, they've been part of our heritage for quite some time but seriouslly you honestly think there will be people like us for ever? I am pretty sure our kind dies off a little every couple years. I don't know, maybe I'm not explaining this right? And please don't get me wrong, keep coming out with rebirths of older models but, a new Mustang name would surelly be something worth seeing in a life time. Heck, it might just be added into the next era of classic Mustangs 20 years later? Anyways, I just get a lot of ideas and opinions. I like to share them to see how people react. I do mean what I say and always in the best of ways. Much love to you all! B)

954[/snapback]

How dare you come up with a new idea. You..., you..., you... hum... I like that idea

954[/snapback]

What you're talking about is a totally diferent car,which is ok ,but the Mustang is and always will be a car for the average buyer who wants a sporty looking car at an affordable price. Thats why the mustang was and still is a big hit with so many .

The great thing about the Mustang is that it does offer performance at an affordable price. To take it to another level would change what this car is all about.

If you want more then it would have to be something totaly new.Maybe in between the FORD GT and the Shelby.

954[/snapback]

You guys missed Frozty's point: Isn't this the Shelby GT500 with dealer mark-up? See, Ford thought of us already! :blink:

You guys missed Frozty's point:  Isn't this the Shelby GT500 with dealer mark-up?  See, Ford thought of us already!  :blink:

963[/snapback]

This new Shelby does'nt even come close to the kind of car Frozty discribes. Anyone who pays more than sticker for the new Shelby will be making a mistake in my opinon.When you spend in the $70,000 range the car should be at a much higher level of quality and performance. At $40-$45,000 the new GT500 is a good value, but at it's limit price wise. Just my opinion.

Hmmm, tough question.

I think I'd want something with 475-500 hp, a six speed, solid rear axle and......painted stripes. Don't know what to call it yet but I'll get back to you. :lol:

Seriously though if I wasn't getting the Shelby I'd probably get an 03-04 Mach1 to compliment my 01 Bullitt. Or an 03/04 Cobra just to cruise but being a straight line guy I prefer the solid axle cars.

This new Shelby does'nt even come close to the kind of car Frozty discribes. Anyone who pays more than sticker for the new Shelby will be making a mistake in my opinon.When you spend in the $70,000 range the car should be at a much higher level of quality  and performance. At $40-$45,000 the new GT500 is a good value, but at it's limit price wise. Just my opinion.

964[/snapback]

Dude, I was being sarcastic--referring to how Ford dealers might bleed us dry on the Shelby....just a joke! :P

• 1 month later...

btw I lost internet so this is a hella late response lol but...

I guess I'm just scared. When ppl think Viper they think Corvette and Mustang also. And the other way around.

But, Mustangs can't compete with those cars. Mustangs are mor ein the line of like Charger and Cammaro. The Ford GT should be the one ppl think of when they say Viper and Corvette.

Heres my beef though. I like Mustangs far more than the Ford GT. And in a sick and twisted way, I would like to see a Mustang like no other. I know it will break the affordable traddition and all that good stuff but... Come on, woldn't you wanna see a Mustang take the living s**t out of a Viper and a Corvette? (all stock). Make it like a whole new name like... Mustang Endless Legacy or something cool like that. I swear if this powerhouse Mustang is ever made I can die a happy man. I know I wont be able to afford it same with alot of you. But someone will and that someone will definately have the ride of his life. Anyways think about it. Some of you own a couple Mustangs. Just save up instead of buying 3 Mustangs, you buy this one powerhouse Mustang and thats it. :D I mean the 70k I said earlier is just an estimate. I don't know how much it wold cost to make a better Mustang but I see the Corvette about 65k and Viper 90k so I kinda went in between. Anyways its just an idea, leme know what you think. :P

Archived