TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Advice on long-distance car sale

RUFDRAFT

I've got a buyer for my 350Z - trouble is - he's in CA and Im in NC.

Any advice on how to work out the money transaction?

He's going to have it shipped back to CA.

I'm not letting the car go before the funds are here - and his parents are wary (understandably) of sending the money without the car being delivered.

??

I've got a buyer for my 350Z - trouble is - he's in CA and Im in NC.

Any advice on how to work out the money transaction?

He's going to have it shipped back to CA.

I'm not letting the car go before the funds are here - and his parents are wary (understandably) of sending the money without the car being delivered.

??

sounds like he needs to fly in with the funds and take the car to the shipping depot

Nope.

He says he can't miss work.

Maybe there's some way for them to wire funds to a bank here - and have the transporter on hand?

They offered $10k up front and the balance on delivery.

I said - no.

Funds - then the car.

Have a solution for you. Years ago, after searching the planet for my wheels(5 yrs worth) I finally found a new set made for the car. Stupid expensive. Irreplacable. To protect both buyer and seller I found out about this Escrow.com Vehicle Escrow

Available to parties buying and selling vehicle in the United States. We protect both the buyer and seller with a simple, 5-step trust process.

The Buyer can inspect the motor vehicle before the Seller is paid.

The Seller ships the motor vehicle only if the Buyer’s payment is secured with Escrow.com.

For Vehicle amount Escrow Fee:

up to $7,500 $125

$7,500.01 to $15,000 $170

$15,000.01 to $30,000 $200

$30,000.01 to $50,000 $275

over $50,000 0.6% Worked great, very helpful people and I highley recomend it as for example E-Bay your only covered for a couple hundred dollars. Cheap insurance.

Ruf, Be very very careful of escrow services. I would say ONE word. DON"T

Guaranteed if you send the car with a deposit only they WILL find something wrong with car when it arrives.

If they will not wire the money or send cashiers check look elsewhere for a buyer PERIOD!

Have them send an inspector to look at car for under 200.00 & even offer to pay a portion if car is not exactly as described.

Also be very wary of cashiers checks. Money wire is safest for both parties. If they want to wire money go to your bank and open a separate money wire account with a initial deposit of 50.00 then you can close account after money is wired or continue to use it for this purpose only.

Offer them proof of ownership if you really think they are serious. Sounds like a fish story to me.

THink if it THIS WAY... Can you afford to sell your Z for the 10k deposit? You send the car to california with an escrow service or otherwise and they WILL find somehing wrong with car. Then you will have to pay for shipping each way and wait many many weeks to get your car back. Will it be in one piece? If your car is sold and something happens is your insurance going to pay? doubtful. If your car is sent to Cal from east coast it could be a 2 month wait there and back.

I would advise (very experienced on this) payment in full before car moves from your driveway! PERIOD!!

Could you afford to buy a SHELBY if you lost your Z?

Its very simple to check these people out to see if they are real.

Very good advice

Archived