TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ALBERTA GT500 OWNERS

clutch

Hey, just wondering who has what coming in Alberta!

Myself - Torch Red with White

Crimsion Red/ Black Interior

Shaker 500

Order confirmation - check

DORA - check

VIN # -

Build Date -

Delivery Date -

Not an owner, however yesterday I visited one of two SVT dealers in Edmonton (Healy) just to get confirmation of the MSRP for the coupe/vert as I've read on other posts. TO my complete amazement the words out the salepersons mouth was:

"$25K down with a final sell price of $100K"........ :sos::hysterical2:

IS this what dealers elsewhere are asking for those not on a list that have secured closer to msrp?

Frank

ps- informative forum!!

Not an owner, however yesterday I visited one of two SVT dealers in Edmonton (Healy) just to get confirmation of the MSRP for the coupe/vert as I've read on other posts. TO my complete amazement the words out the salepersons mouth was:

IS this what dealers elsewhere are asking for those not on a list that have secured closer to msrp?

Frank

ps- informative forum!!

Sounds like they just struck oil out there, or the salesman came from Lonestar Ford In Texas .

Good Luck

Shelby 001

Healy will have a tough time selling 15 cars @ $100,000. I spoke to them to awhile ago and told the same thing. I will never ever purchase a vehicle from them. I realize it is there right to sell these cars at what ever price they want but this is not a fair way to do it. I was lucky and my name was picked at Freedom ford and have my car on order and will more than likely buy more vehicles there because they did it things the right way with this car. It has fair for everybody.

Was waiting for that. Healy was where I bought my 97 and should NOT be an SVT dealer. And I have fought hard to get the privilage pulled.(yea I know, call me Don Quixote) They will have them on the lot for at least as long as the last generations(18mos/two years) and eventually come down off their downtown pedestal. The only reason they still sell them is the fact that they were the first northern alberta Ford dealer some 90 years ago. Lousy dealer. We have a real problem here with the economy being as hot as it is. Alot of people who shouldn't have a car like this are throwing money at the dealers.

Was waiting for that. Healy was where I bought my 97 and should NOT be an SVT dealer. And I have fought hard to get the privilage pulled.(yea I know, call me Don Quixote) They will have them on the lot for at least as long as the last generations(18mos/two years) and eventually come down off their downtown pedestal. The only reason they still sell them is the fact that they were the first northern alberta Ford dealer some 90 years ago. Lousy dealer. We have a real problem here with the economy being as hot as it is. Alot of people who shouldn't have a car like this are throwing money at the dealers.

I agree I never felt very comforatable going there (just happened to be driving by). I'm going to Freedom tomorrow and see what my old friend GordyM has to say (bought my 03 Lightning from them new in early 04).

So back to my original question, what are other SVT dealerships saying to those walking in right now that are prepared to put a deposit down (realizing all their allocations may be committed)?

Thanks Frank

Not sure what other dealers are doing. But I do think we should all boycott Healy. What really pissed me off was the arrogance in which I was told that they (at the time) had 2 sold for $100,000. Sales managers additude was not very professional. I agree with you jetsolver there is no way they should be an svt dealer. I have heard complants from numerous people.

I agree I never felt very comforatable going there (just happened to be driving by). I'm going to Freedom tomorrow and see what my old friend GordyM has to say (bought my 03 Lightning from them new in early 04).

So back to my original question, what are other SVT dealerships saying to those walking in right now that are prepared to put a deposit down (realizing all their allocations may be committed)?

Thanks Frank

Gord is a good guy and has always told me straight. I hope he will just tell you the facts and offer a list. I know when I talked to him recently he was not worried about selling the cars, just about who was buying. Then again thier participation in the SVTOA has dropped over the last year or so, I wonder what they are thinking?

Frank

ps- informative forum!!

Out here in New Brunswick selling price will be MSRP for the 15 first person that did put a deposit and if one or more of these 15 person backup they will auction the remaining car to people interest in getting one. For me i did put a deposit in 2004 at MSRP when i bought my LIGHTNING 2004 witout knowing what was comming out.

Out here in New Brunswick selling price will be MSRP for the 15 first person that did put a deposit and if one or more of these 15 person backup they will auction the remaining car to people interest in getting one. For me i did put a deposit in 2004 at MSRP when i bought my LIGHTNING 2004 witout knowing what was comming out.

Hi Roch,

I am dealing at Wood Motors also, and dealing with Sel Perry. I purchased my 04 Cobra there, I was also told my Shelby will be at MSRP, around $54,000 for the coupe with everything added on except tax. Being you are #1 on the list, what are you being told on date of the delivery of your car. I am #3 so my car should not be too far behind. Could you keep me up to date on the cars' delivery, I will take the 6 hour drive from Cape Breton to Frederiction, as I would like to take a video of your car. I was told it would be orange with black top. Are you getting premium interior or red inserts. Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your car.

Congrats,

svtkeith

Talked to GordM this afternoon. INdicated their first 4-5 sold at significantly higher than msrp. He suggested the others would be in the neighbourhood of ~5K over. We'll see..............

By the way did you folks read the current Road and Track article on the GT500 vs. C6 heads up. Is that only a regular C6 vs. a modified one or the Z06. Numbers appear to indicate the Vette was quicker in most categories??

Frank

By the way did you folks read the current Road and Track article on the GT500 vs. C6 heads up. Is that only a regular C6 vs. a modified one or the Z06. Numbers appear to indicate the Vette was quicker in most categories??

Frank

Hey Frank, that, and the Car and Driver article has been around for a while and hashed over like no end on this Site. I wouldn't put too much into it.

Read the MotorTrend Article or Mustangs and Fast Fords !

Hi Roch,

I am dealing at Wood Motors also, and dealing with Sel Perry. I purchased my 04 Cobra there, I was also told my Shelby will be at MSRP, around $54,000 for the coupe with everything added on except tax. Being you are #1 on the list, what are you being told on date of the delivery of your car. I am #3 so my car should not be too far behind. Could you keep me up to date on the cars' delivery, I will take the 6 hour drive from Cape Breton to Frederiction, as I would like to take a video of your car. I was told it would be orange with black top. Are you getting premium interior or red inserts. Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your car.

Congrats,

svtkeith

My understanding is that premium interior will be standart equipment and red inserts is not available with orang exterior. Let me know the color that you have order. Do you know how is number on the list?

Frank

ps- informative forum!!

I talked to Healy and Freedom last May (05) and they both had their lists full by then. Got mine in Richmond, B.C at Richport Ford - At MSRP. I live in Edm. No Shaker upgrade, not worth the money.

Healy told me the same thing, I called then a couple of months ago and the SVT sales manager told me the same thing "Youre gonna have to pay 35-40K over MSRP (he did not know that I had one ordered) I hung up the phone and laughed.

Theres no way that they will get that kind of money for this car. Especially now that it looks like its 500 Ponies wont be able to outdo the Vette. But, you never know - The C&D test mules were pre-production cars ????????

I will be driving mine, Keep an eye out for the GO / Tungsten Coupe on the Edm. streets. Sometime end of July / early August. Would have love dot have it on the street around Champ Car time but my dealer tells me thats when it should be ready for me to pick up.

Roch - G.Orange vert. - Do you live in Edm ?

Frank

ps- informative forum!!

I talked to Healy and Freedom last May (05) - Their lists were full by then for the 07's.

I ended up getting mine in Richmond, B.C. at Richport Ford. At MSRP.

G. Orange, Coupe, No Shaker Upgrade (Not worth the 2K)

I also spoke with the sales manager at Healy a couple of months ago. he gave me the same line, told me that they planned on selling theirs at 30-40K over MSRP. I hung up the phone and laughed, he had no idea that I had one ordered already. There is no way that they will get that kind of money for this car, great car but it does not have any 100K touches, especially inside the cabin.

Anyways, if your lucky, you will see my ass end on the streets of Edm. come late July - early August. Was hoping to have it out on Champ Car weekend.

I talked to Healy and Freedom last May (05) - Their lists were full by then for the 07's.

I ended up getting mine in Richmond, B.C. at Richport Ford. At MSRP.

G. Orange, Coupe, No Shaker Upgrade (Not worth the 2K)

I also spoke with the sales manager at Healy a couple of months ago. he gave me the same line, told me that they planned on selling theirs at 30-40K over MSRP. I hung up the phone and laughed, he had no idea that I had one ordered already. There is no way that they will get that kind of money for this car, great car but it does not have any 100K touches, especially inside the cabin.

Anyways, if your lucky, you will see my ass end on the streets of Edm. come late July - early August. Was hoping to have it out on Champ Car weekend.

Sorry guys about the double post - Still recovering from the Oiler win on Sat.

GO OIL GO

I talked to Healy and Freedom last May (05) and they both had their lists full by then. Got mine in Richmond, B.C at Richport Ford - At MSRP. I live in Edm. No Shaker upgrade, not worth the money.

Healy told me the same thing, I called then a couple of months ago and the SVT sales manager told me the same thing "Youre gonna have to pay 35-40K over MSRP (he did not know that I had one ordered) I hung up the phone and laughed.

Theres no way that they will get that kind of money for this car. Especially now that it looks like its 500 Ponies wont be able to outdo the Vette. But, you never know - The C&D test mules were pre-production cars ????????

I will be driving mine, Keep an eye out for the GO / Tungsten Coupe on the Edm. streets. Sometime end of July / early August. Would have love dot have it on the street around Champ Car time but my dealer tells me thats when it should be ready for me to pick up.

Roch - G.Orange vert. - Do you live in Edm ?

No, mine will only be seen in north of New-Brunswick and about C&D look back as far as you cant and they always came out with this car is that much better but their favorite choice is the vette so CHEV must paid them good BONUS to say so.

Bought a 2005 Mustang GT vert from Advantage Ford (SE Cagary) last year while living in Calgary.

I understand that they have been allocated 15 Shelbys and have orders for 15 with 36 on a waiting list.

Anybody out there ordered a Shelby from Advantage Ford?Any pricing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just wondering who has what coming in Alberta!

Myself - Torch Red with White

Crimsion Red/ Black Interior

Shaker 500

Order confirmation - check

DORA - check

VIN # -

Build Date -

Delivery Date -

I put my deposit down on an 07 Mustang GT500 in April 05 at Metro Ford, Calgary. I was #5 on the list. In early June 06 the dealer called and said if I wanted the car it would cost me $74,000 CDN. I told him I knew what the MSRP was, and he said "so what, our price is $74,000". At least they were not as greedy as Healy Ford. I couldn't wait 18 months to two years to get a Mustang GT500 at MSRP so I went car hunting. Tomorrow I pick up a 2004 Z06 Corvette with only 1950 km on it for $60,000 CDN which was my budget to begin with ($54500 +GST). The original MSRP for that car was $85,355 CDN. I love supercharged engines from driving my 95 Thunderbird SC but the Corvette and the LS6 engine is a good alternative. If I am happy with the 'vette over the long run, then I guess I am a convert from Ford. I phoned back Metro Ford and they said they got the $74,000 they were looking for. So long Ford!

I put my deposit down on an 07 Mustang GT500 in April 05 at Metro Ford, Calgary. I was #5 on the list. In early June 06 the dealer called and said if I wanted the car it would cost me $74,000 CDN. I told him I knew what the MSRP was, and he said "so what, our price is $74,000". If I am happy with the 'vette over the long run, then I guess I am a convert from Ford. I phoned back Metro Ford and they said they got the $74,000 they were looking for. So long Ford!

Another past customer victim :nonono: You know, I could see them pissing off people who were trying to get PHHT Cruzers a few years ago, because what kind of return business are you going to get out of a 20k shopper. But you would think that losing people about to buy the most expensive CAR that FORD sells is a recipe for disaster that even the cheasiest polyester wearing slimebucket would get.

I just spoke with my dealer in Richmond, Richport Ford. Scott Street. They sell all of their cars at MSRP, thats their store policy.

If anybody is interested they put their Gulf Colored GT up for sale for MSRP. Tell him that Rod from Edmonton gave you the lead.

Good news is that I am next for a VIN #, I should be on next Fridays list. :rockon:

Archived