TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Pictures on AutoWeek.com

wbaect

I like the Tungsten. That would probably be my choice of color.

This isn't Ford's new Halo Vehicle color is it, or are there other cars besides Mustangs and FordGT's that get this color too?

I ask becuase it seemed there were always the obligatory Red White and Blue off the bat but now there's always a Tungsten thrown in the mix.

On a side note... I ordered an '07 MustangGT in Tungsten and I'll chuckle when I pull along side a FordGT wearing the same exact color.

I'll give him thumbs-up and my jaw will drop, but I'll be laughing inside at the thought oh what's going through his(or her) mind.

Hopefully they won't hate us for "crampin' their style"

I'm still baffled by the ride height.

I wish someone could photoshop a side shot with the car lowered.

What are they thinking?

They thought they might as well give it the ride height of a truck since it weighs as much as a truck :) They thought they could snag some Lightning owners by making it truck-like. :D

j/k of course. I could go on and on with the "what were they thinking" questions. Like weight, vinyl stripes that are cutout around the brakelight/plate, wheels, crappy looking rear end, non painted truck mirrors, non painted sideskirts...I'll stop now, eventhough I could keep going

I'm still baffled by the ride height.

I wish someone could photoshop a side shot with the car lowered.

What are they thinking?

I have seen a lot of people making the same comment but I read either in the road and track or the motor trend article that the ride height in the back is the exact same as the Mustang GT. Maybe it appears to be high because the front is lower and the back is the same height. Just a thought....

Look at the space between the tires (front & rear) and the fender wells.

Now look at my spacing on my Z.

I'll have springs in hand when I take delivery. :shift:

I have talk to some people that put lowering kit on the car at the Dealers. The car looks better, but the ride will go away.

I have talk to some people that put lowering kit on the car at the Dealers. The car looks better, but the ride will go away.

:bandance:

My buddies who own Ultimate Racing have installed the Eiback ProKit on at least a dozen 05 GT..........ride is equal or very close to stock while giving a 1.25-1.5 inch drop.........and they are easy to do.

Tungsten seems to show the body lines very clearly...better than other colors.

I agree, the ride height needs to be changed. I plan on going with custom coil-overs so I can adjust height, spring rate and rebound/jounce dampening better than stock, and for both 1/4 mile and road tracks.

Did anyone else notice that the rpm limit mentioned is 6250 not 6000 rpm?

Two quick things:

1. are the front wheeles off the ground in that one pic? It shure looks like it to me. If that's the case wouldn't that require some pretty good traction....and a lot of friggin power! Let's see the stock vett do that (not ot open a can of worms again) but really how cool even if only and inch or two.

2. Could the ride height be to allow for larger rims/tires? I am sure there is some tech answer here but I can't see why that would not be a potential solver of the spacing issue if that is the only problem.

Thanks, Man! Now you're talking! :happy feet:

A larger rim size will do nothing for ride height. When you put larger rims on - you decrease the aspect ratio of the tires - to maintain the original tire/rim dimension.

Look close on pic 12, you can see the infamous red stiching on the stick, interior looks like the upgrade without red inserts.

Thanks for pointing this out! I missed this until you mentioned it. I've been worried what the red stitching will look like - I've been wondering how red is red?! The look is very subtle, and this helps put my mind at ease.

This looks like the exact car I ordered!

I am with child to get my baby.... :shift:

Archived