TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going to the Shelby Meet in Tulsa!

Guys. When I get off work today(on lunch right now) I'll be going to one of the biggest Shelby gatherings in the nation. I can already confirm that a vista blue vert GT500 and a tungsten coupe is there, as well as the hertz edition shelby. There might be even more there. I'm going this evening and will be going back Saturday. I was told that these cars did not appear to be trailered in this year so I think they'll be driving the streets of Tulsa some and will probably be more accessible than last year's concept was. If there is anything particular that anyone wants pictures of or anything else I can do, post here and I'll try to check back before I leave.

Guys. When I get off work today(on lunch right now) I'll be going to one of the biggest Shelby gatherings in the nation. I can already confirm that a vista blue vert GT500 and a tungsten coupe is there, as well as the hertz edition shelby. There might be even more there. I'm going this evening and will be going back Saturday. I was told that these cars did not appear to be trailered in this year so I think they'll be driving the streets of Tulsa some and will probably be more accessible than last year's concept was. If there is anything particular that anyone wants pictures of or anything else I can do, post here and I'll try to check back before I leave.

Bring a Digital Camera! :camera:

There were 3 there. A red convertible, blue and tungsten convertible, and tungsten and silver coupe. I took pics but they need resized. I've got to go to bed now and tomorrow will be a long day at work, but I'll get them up as soon as possible.

There were 3 there. A red convertible, blue and tungsten convertible, and tungsten and silver coupe. I took pics but they need resized. I've got to go to bed now and tomorrow will be a long day at work, but I'll get them up as soon as possible.

Fastbackman, Thanks for going, I called svt again thurs june 8th andrew pl guy said 4 to 6 will be there, I hope so. If you can get, I would like to see the charcoal standard and the upgrade interiorbefore I order.Thank's,, Reno.

Here's some of what I got.

Dude - you win my hero for the day award. I will be waiting to see your pics & thanks for sharing....you may win Hero of the week unless the sales guy I am meeting in the morning is willing to make an MSRP Deal..Then he may trump you....He may get Hero of the summer in which case you can still have the week :)

really thanks this is really cool of you to do.

Yes King Cobra, it was great to be surrounded by so many beautiful cars. They even had a real 66 427 Cobra there. Anything you can think of, they have at this show, assuming it's a Ford. Here's a few more before I'm off to work. I'll try to finish posting pics after work before I go back to the meet. If there are any pics anyone would like that I haven't posted yet, let me know in this thread, and I can try to get more shots today.

post-149-1149926472_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149926602_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149926683_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149926785_thumb.jpg

Fastbackman,

Thanks for the great pictures! You provided some new angles that I hadn't seen before, great job!

I see you were able to get fairly close to that dash, what did you think of it?

Did you by any chance get a picture of the updated armrests?

Thanks for your hard work posting all of these great pics!!!

I've never seen a pic of the inside of the trunk, or a

description of what's inside of the spare tire well.

A close up of the aluminum pedals would be great!!!

A close up of the door armrests, and the center console.

A down low shot from front and back showing the tire widths.

Does the "soft touch" material on the dash look anything like

leather??? Does it look OK???

Is the roof liner on the coupe regular felt???

Give us all of your impressions.

Thanks, and have a great time.

KingCobra.

The dash didn't look exactly like I expected, but it was okay. I would really like to see a better interior in a car this expensive. It's got the look of leather I suppose. I didn't really pay much attention to the roof liner. If I go back today I'll get shots of the door panels, headliner, low shots of tires, etc. I'd like to go back but I've been up since 2:15 a.m. so I haven't decided. Here's more pics though.

I've decided to go. I'll get more pics and probably have them resized and posted tomorrow afternoon.

post-149-1149973417_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149973923_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149974010_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149973417_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149973923_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149974010_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1149974258_thumb.jpgpost-2968-1149974328_thumb.jpgpost-2968-1149974458_thumb.jpgpost-2968-1149974502_thumb.jpg

I went to the drags today in Tulsa as part of the Shelby meet. The cars were GREAT! That red paint really pops in person! The silver coupe was nice too.

They could probably put S H E L B Y under the third light like they do on the GT350H Hertz car (see pic), but the lettering is shorter than on the normal shelby badge that is in the left side.

The interior was nice, I thought. The red stitching is only on the steering wheel and shifter (as we already knew), and it's the same on all color schemes (red stiching looks out of place with the blue paint, for instance, but that's what it comes with)

I saw the Hertz car and the Ford GT run the 1/4, but they didn't run the Shelby Gt500 (at least when I was there).

These cars are SWEET!

post-2968-1149974393_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1149974258_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1149974328_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1149974393_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1149974458_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1149974502_thumb.jpg

Hey fastbackman,

Looks like we were both at the same place taking pics today. I was the one pushing my 1 year old boy in the stroller, if you noticed. Gotta get 'em started young! Man, it was blistering hot though :wacko:

Hey fastbackman,

Looks like we were both at the same place taking pics today. I was the one pushing my 1 year old boy in the stroller, if you noticed. Gotta get 'em started young! Man, it was blistering hot though :wacko:

I wasn't there today. I went to the cruise Thursday night. I was about to go back tonight but had a change of plans. It seems I'm the only one in the house excited about all of this. Anyway, the mood around the house isn't the best now. Heres some more of what I took thursday.

post-149-1149978738_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149979003_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149979190_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149978738_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149979003_thumb.jpg

post-149-1149979190_thumb.jpg

They could probably put S H E L B Y under the third light like they do on the GT350H Hertz car (see pic), but the lettering is shorter than on the normal shelby badge that is in the left side.

I'm hoping that the OEM 07' S H E L B Y lettering will fit under the Third Brakelight. I really don't want to go with the HERTZ style font. I don't think it looks right on the car. Too dated.

If anyone is heading back to the meet in Tulsa I'd really appreciate if they'd take a good look for me?

Thanks, Much Appreciated!

Great Pix guys!! thanks....

Did I spy a big block crate back behind silver 500? ...and a FI smalblock with electronics?

...and did you notice that just behind the steering wheel on the vert, the whole 6000-7000 range on the tach is in red -- I thought redline was 6,250? Maybe these were pre-prod units?

The sure look sweet!

I'm hoping that the OEM 07' S H E L B Y lettering will fit under the Third Brakelight. I really don't want to go with the HERTZ style font. I don't think it looks right on the car. Too dated.

If anyone is heading back to the meet in Tulsa I'd really appreciate if they'd take a good look for me?

Thanks, Much Appreciated!

I think the hertz lettering is all that would fit.

Archived