TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Handguns and Shelbys

RUFDRAFT

Nice piece! I'd like to see a carjacker stare down the business end of that firepower and not piss himself. :hysterical2:

I've had my CCW for years and refuse to be a victim.

For those of you who don't carry, ask yourself one question.

Do criminals attack cops? No because criminals know all cops carry guns and all criminals are cowards.

These cowards only attack people who can't defend themselves. If everyone took it upon themselves to c

Carry, crime would go way down. IMHO

NICE 50 CAL. IS THAT A BARET, AND WHERE CAN I GET ONE, HOW MUCH ?

THANKS, COBRA SCOTTY

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NICE 50 CAL. IS THAT A BARET, AND WHERE CAN I GET ONE, HOW MUCH ?

THANKS, COBRA SCOTTY

Most larger tactical gun shop will have one around or can get one from Barrett if you order it. They are about $7500 bare and $9000 ish with scope. You can get ball ammo in most states and all type of military ammo in places like Nevada.

It is a super piece.

Spoken like a Canadian!!!

Are you???

If anybody has ever seen those documentary films by Micheal Moore,

then you've seen that at least half of this country doesn't even lock the door most of the time.

KingCobra.

More like Spoken like a potential victim! :redcard: No disrespect intended, but there certainly are 2 different mindsets at work....

I know you Canucks can't avauil yourselves of the freedoms that most of us have here in the Souther-lands, but trust me when I say, I would not want to be the "bright" asshole who car jacks me!....I promise it will be his last act of stupidity.

Threaten my life, and I will take yours....sorry to be blunt, but I won't go down being a "victim"...many of you may say..."It is only a car" Screw the car, I am more concerned about my life, and being able to sdurvive to protect my loved ones.....

Difficult times we live in folks! Expect a problem when you least expect it, and your survival percentages will skyrocket.

Be proactive, and take a handgun self defense class if you intend to carry, and do it legally. :superhero:

Just ordered Glock 21SF (Slim Frame) .45 cal. Will be testing to see if I am comfortable with it as a main carry weapon. Right now my main carry is G-23 which is great but couldn't pass up the deal on the 21SF.

AZbud

Hey AZ,

Is that a single stack magazine with the slim frame or does it retain the double stack? Jim

Hey AZ,

Is that a single stack magazine with the slim frame or does it retain the double stack? Jim

It's a double stack mag. 13+1. Not a whole lot slimmer in width than the G21, what they say is about .200 also some mat'l. removed from the backstrap which is supposed to make the grip more accomodatable for smaller hand shooter like myself. I have many, many handguns different makes and models, Springfield XD 40 and 45, Glock 17, 23, Springfield 1911's 4 and 5 inch. Like to shoot the G17 the best, real smooth and controllable recoil and according to ballistics, with a good +P load has same one shot stopping power of a standard .40 cal. round. My daily carry depending on what I wear and where I go, is either Taurus .38 spl. Ultralite hammerless with +P loads, which only weighs 16 Oz. or G23 / 10 rd. mag, +P loads, laserMax, but a little harder to conceal in the summer. The G21SF is a full size handgun, but may be a good carry weapon in the winter or definately in the car. Have a custom holster and belt for my .38 that is made from horse hide from a guy named Rusty Sherrick who makes custom holsters and belts, and man it's great. Fits nice and tight up against your side, don't even know it's there. Most comfortable set up I have ever worn.

Azbud

Just found this thread as i don't get in the GT500 forums much. My father was a gunsmith for 40 years. He did gun repair and built custom bolt action rifles. So having grown up in the gun culture i am your proverbial "gun nut" as well as a "car nut". Been handloading for 30 years also.

Don't usually carry in the Shelby, but carry a 357 wheel gun in my pickup. I prefer wheel guns because they are simple and reliable. I have been a truckdriver for 37 years and spent 7 years of that driving otr as an owner operator when i was in my late twenties and early thirties. Always had one loaded under the mattress in the bunk, and it saved my butt on more than one occasion.

Rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Carried this S&W mod. 57 41 mag. when i drove otr but they quit making them and values have risen so it stays home, other than going to the range.

100_1256.jpg

Carry this inexpensive Rossi 971 357 mag. in the pickup.

100_1263.jpg

Thirty years ago, I would never have given a thought about carrying a handgun in my car.

Today - well - times "are a changin."

How many of you "carry" in your daily drives?

And will you carry in the Shelby? The car might be attractive to jackers.

I have a full carry license and usually carry one of the following:

Smith and wesson 940 9mm

Smith and Wesson 669 9mm

Glock 17 9mm

Glock 19 9mm

Smith and Wesson 686 357

Car jackers you are forwarned :stop:

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been a while since I posted here and, with the Second Amendment case before the U.S. Supreme Court, I thought some amusement would be a treat. If you have seen this write up before, pretend you haven't and chuckle all over again. Jim

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun 'cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, "Why carry a 45?" The Ranger responded with, "Because they don't make a .46." [Credited to Retired Texas Ranger Joaquin (Waukeen) Jackson, Alpine, Texas.]

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle."

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

Comments: I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said, "Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!" To which I said, "Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets." She then asked, "Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?" My reply was, "No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED."

Parting note: An unloaded gun is just a club.

I'm sorry, but this thread is just so bizarre to me. In Australia we have very tight gun control and I'm fully in support of that in this country because it works for us. People, other than criminals or would-be criminals and the obvious (ie. those that require guns for a living or livelihood, such as the police or farmers), don't carry guns. And it's uncommon for people to even have one in their home.

Shooting is generally talked about in Australia as a sport, not a method of self-defence.

I'm sorry, but this thread is just so bizarre to me. In Australia we have very tight gun control and I'm fully in support of that in this country because it works for us. People, other than criminals or would-be criminals and the obvious (ie. those that require guns for a living or livelihood, such as the police or farmers), don't carry guns. And it's uncommon for people to even have one in their home.

Shooting is generally talked about in Australia as a sport, not a method of self-defence.

You get right to the center of the debate with your comment "in this country [tight gun control] works for us." I think those of us who favor private gun ownership would, virtually to a person, state that the biggest problem with our laws is that our society refuses to take a zero tolerance to gun use by criminals. If, across the board, a criminal using a gun had 25 years added to any other criminal sentence he or she was handed, it would go a long way to getting things as they should be here. Also, and I know this will be a particuarly difficult point, it there was a "carry at will" policy in the United States where law abiding citizens, properly trained, could carry a concealed weapon if they wished, criminals would be less inclined to think that any random citizen was fair game. Still, this is an emotion charged issue. Your post was a good one in that you expressed your view rationally and with support gained from personal experience in your society. So many folks, on both sides of the debate, simply cannot discuss the subject as you can. Jim

Well, here in the US is our constitutional right to bear arms and to many, as is the case with me, it is just a hobby. I carry a gun in every vehicle I own, including my motorcycles, I have many guns at home and I practice on a regular basis....just for fun as a hobby.......and yes, it gives me some sort of peace of mind to know that I could use it in self defense if needed........the fact is, that I have NEVER had the need to use one for self defense......and I would argue that most who carry a gun haven't either.

Guns are like cars or motorcycle or any other hobby you may have.

I'm currently carrying an M4 and an M9 :)

Yeah, but you are not carrying concealed, right? :D Good to see you got some time on the computer. All of us back home think of you often. Also good to see that your sense of humor is still intact. Stay low. ;) Jim

You miss the point big time. The U.S. Constitution 2nd Ammendment gives us the right to bare arms. Not only in self defense, but in defense of a tyrannical government, which has been the direction of our due to the liberals that think they know whats best for the citizens of the U.S. as we cannot make decisions for ourselvles. The 2nd Ammendment was specifically written to prevent such and gives us a right to have a means to prevent it if necessary. History lesson is in order here for you. Check out what has happened in history around the world when rulers and governments confiscated weapons from the people. Last big one was Hilter in Germany, remember!

I personally carry a weapon or two and sometimes heavier fire power whenever I leave my house or travel. I do have CCW permits from several States with exceptions of the lib. states, Komifornia, Mass. and N.Y. but when I do travel, permit or not, they go with me legally carried according to their stupid gun laws. Born and raised in CA. and relocated to AZ. just because I can open carry or concealed carry.

Oh and, statistically speaking, those states that do allow open carry don't have near the crime that the States do that you can't own or carry. ie: Illinois/Chicago, Komifornia/L.A. where all the gangs do carry, some 30k plus of them and most of them are fellons and shoot you just for the hell of it, and they don't buy there guns like an honest citizen does, cause they can't, they get them black market. Was a special on 60 minutes several years ago. They interviewed criminals in prison and asked them if all guns were to be confiscated and banned in the U.S. who would benefit? They all said it would be like open season to do whatever they wanted, rob, rape, and anything else, cause they would know that no one would be able to fight back to protect themselves or their families. Rant, rant, rant. But real sore issue with me, especially at my age and mil. experience in a little conflict referred to as a police action over in Asia from 64-68. :banghead:

Azbud

You miss the point big time. The U.S. Constitution 2nd Ammendment gives us the right to bare arms. Not only in self defense, but in defense of a tyrannical government, which has been the direction of our due to the liberals that think they know whats best for the citizens of the U.S. as we cannot make decisions for ourselvles. The 2nd Ammendment was specifically written to prevent such and gives us a right to have a means to prevent it if necessary. History lesson is in order here for you. Check out what has happened in history around the world when rulers and governments confiscated weapons from the people. Last big one was Hilter in Germany, remember!

I personally carry a weapon or two and sometimes heavier fire power whenever I leave my house or travel. I do have CCW permits from several States with exceptions of the lib. states, Komifornia, Mass. and N.Y. but when I do travel, permit or not, they go with me legally carried according to their stupid gun laws. Born and raised in CA. and relocated to AZ. just because I can open carry or concealed carry.

Oh and, statistically speaking, those states that do allow open carry don't have near the crime that the States do that you can't own or carry. ie: Illinois/Chicago, Komifornia/L.A. where all the gangs do carry, some 30k plus of them and most of them are fellons and shoot you just for the hell of it, and they don't buy there guns like an honest citizen does, cause they can't, they get them black market. Was a special on 60 minutes several years ago. They interviewed criminals in prison and asked them if all guns were to be confiscated and banned in the U.S. who would benefit? They all said it would be like open season to do whatever they wanted, rob, rape, and anything else, cause they would know that no one would be able to fight back to protect themselves or their families. Rant, rant, rant. But real sore issue with me, especially at my age and mil. experience in a little conflict referred to as a police action over in Asia from 64-68. :banghead:

Azbud

Azbud, I respect your views and I think I'll leave it at that.

There is no point to get. I was simply stating what works for us in Australia to offer an alternate view, as the notion of guns widespread throughout society is not something that is considered 'everyday' here.

I'm currently carrying an M4 and an M9 :)

That brought tears to my eyes with pride! My family and I Thank You from our hearts and wish you a safe return! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill Stewart

5. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, "Why carry a 45?" The Ranger responded with, "Because they don't make a .46." [Credited to Retired Texas Ranger Joaquin (Waukeen) Jackson, Alpine, Texas.]

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

EDIT: That one still makes me laugh even after a week of reading it.

Either Obama Bin Sladen, Hillary, or McCain ( excuse the spellings) are going to be President. Not great options all the way around, so you better buy now and prepare for defense against the Third Jihad.

Right now terrorism is winning the war. They read the book on How to bring down a super power and are following it to the letter. PBS did a scary special on Osama Bin Laden and it chilled me. Basically they are trying to instill fear and break our banks knowing we will keep dumping shit loads of cash into the fight against terrorism. They pop off a few bombs and we spend tons sending troops and ammo to all corners of the world.

It ain't cheep and contrary to the US governments belief, I believe you can't change anyone, you can only change yourself.

Signature:

Smith & Wesson 357 magnum currently loaded with not target rounds but people rounds.

Martyrs burn at the stake.

Either Obama Bin Sladen, Hillary, or McCain ( excuse the spellings) are going to be President. Not great options all the way around, so you better buy now and prepare for defense against the Third Jihad.

Right now terrorism is winning the war. They read the book on How to bring down a super power and are following it to the letter. PBS did a scary special on Osama Bin Laden and it chilled me. Basically they are trying to instill fear and break our banks knowing we will keep dumping shit loads of cash into the fight against terrorism. They pop off a few bombs and we spend tons sending troops and ammo to all corners of the world.

It ain't cheep and contrary to the US governments belief, I believe you can't change anyone, you can only change yourself.

Signature:

Smith & Wesson 357 magnum currently loaded with not target rounds but people rounds.

Martyrs burn at the stake.

AMEN BROTHER. Here in AZ. we/I have been stashing lot's of ammo, both rifle and handgun over the past few years. Actually, ammo has appreciated higher in percentages than gold over the past 12-18 months, so kind of an investment. The truth is, the $hits really comin and most people just either don't care or don't want to believe it. History repeats itself, for a fact.

Also, member here of Mohave County Minute Men.

Azbud

Archived