TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Handguns and Shelbys

RUFDRAFT

If you take concealability out of it, the Glock 17 is probably the best battle pistol made thus far IMHO. Im sure many will disagree. They are tremendously accurate and easy to shoot and shoot well and guns dont get more reliable.

KC666

I'm looking at getting the Glock 19 Homeland Defender 9mm. Like cars I enjoy collecting.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you take concealability out of it, the Glock 17 is probably the best battle pistol made thus far IMHO. Im sure many will disagree. They are tremendously accurate and easy to shoot and shoot well and guns dont get more reliable.

KC666

No question Glock is a good pistol, but, in my opinion, Sig and H&K are better (not counting custom guns)..........Glocks are so popular mainly beacuse they sell for nearly 1/2 of what Sigs and H&Ks sell for ...... most buyers will be peased if they bought a Glock, on the other hand I have owned many of them and have gotten rid of them.....just a taste/fit thing.

No question Glock is a good pistol, but, in my opinion, Sig and H&K are better (not counting custom guns)..........Glocks are so popular mainly beacuse they sell for nearly 1/2 of what Sigs and H&Ks sell for ...... most buyers will be peased if they bought a Glock, on the other hand I have owned many of them and have gotten rid of them.....just a taste/fit thing.

I've got to disagree here. Glocks are more popular because they are unbelivably dependable. They are the most tried and tested weapon in the world. They are less expensive than the others you mentioned because they are much simpler with many less moving parts. I have materials showing some of the ridiculous torture tests that Glock submits their guns to and they always work afterwards.(freezing in ice, run over with military truck, buried in mud, etc..) There is nothing keeping Sig or H&K from duplicating these tests with their guns and then advertising the results. My guess is they have done the testing with unfavorable results. There is a reason that a vast majority of law enforcement carries Glock handguns and it is not the cheaper price. When your life is on the line dependablility is more important than looks or price.

Dan

ps I sell all brands of guns and actually personally prefer a revolver so there is no bias here.

Thanks for letting me know about the video, I hadn't seen it. I still stand by what I said about Glock. The video showed some of the stuff that Glock has been doing for years but they didn't do all of the tests that Glock did. They also didn't show the guns shooting afterwards. I know they may be trying to build suspense but the Glocks not only shot after the tests, but shot thousands of rounds with no jamming. Don't get me wrong, Sig makes a great gun, but shouldn't a gun that costs $300-$400 more than a Glock be able to perform like one? Shouldn't it also hold the same amount of rounds, be as durable, be as lightweight, etc....? Again people have different opinions about everything. From modding their cars to the guns they like. This is just my humble opinion after over 15 years in the gun business.

Dan

Thanks for letting me know about the video, I hadn't seen it. I still stand by what I said about Glock. The video showed some of the stuff that Glock has been doing for years but they didn't do all of the tests that Glock did. They also didn't show the guns shooting afterwards. I know they may be trying to build suspense but the Glocks not only shot after the tests, but shot thousands of rounds with no jamming. Don't get me wrong, Sig makes a great gun, but shouldn't a gun that costs $300-$400 more than a Glock be able to perform like one? Shouldn't it also hold the same amount of rounds, be as durable, be as lightweight, etc....? Again people have different opinions about everything. From modding their cars to the guns they like. This is just my humble opinion after over 15 years in the gun business.

Dan

[/qu

I understand......and I also stand behind my opinion........and yes, if I was a cop, making a cop salary and knowing that Glock is a fine gun and that they give cops a VERY special price, I would also buy a Glock ...... but I am not, and I preffer to spend $300-$400 more for a gun that is better balanced, it is safer, again in my opinion, fits my hand better and can shoot tighter groups than any Glock......show me a Glock that can shoot groups like my P220 or my P226 X5 L1......and, in my opinion, it is not about moving parts, it is about reliability and accuracy ....... Glock, Sig and H&K have the same reliability, but, if you want to shoot 1" groups at 25 yds,you have to shoot a Sig! :happy feet:

I have been a cop for 25 years and have carried lots of different weapons. Started out with a S&W wheel gun, .357 with magnum rounds. So crazy and powerful that they actually blew up the gun. Sometimes, your hand would hurt from the recoil. Some female cops could not handle the rounds. Then carried a Gold Cup .45, S&W .45 and a Glock .45 with a laser sight; very cool. Then, with a new administration, they wanted us all to carry the same weapon and chose the Glock .40. After carrying a .45 I didn't want to carry a smaller round but I was glad they didn't go to .9mm because the gang members carry more firepower than that. We have been carrying the Glock .40 for the last 12 years or so. Everyone loves them as they are extremely accurate and so easy to break down. As for the Sig, for me they are no good as they are not made for us southpaws.

Just my 2 cents.

I have been a cop for 25 years and have carried lots of different weapons. Started out with a S&W wheel gun, .357 with magnum rounds. So crazy and powerful that they actually blew up the gun. Sometimes, your hand would hurt from the recoil. Some female cops could not handle the rounds. Then carried a Gold Cup .45, S&W .45 and a Glock .45 with a laser sight; very cool. Then, with a new administration, they wanted us all to carry the same weapon and chose the Glock .40. After carrying a .45 I didn't want to carry a smaller round but I was glad they didn't go to .9mm because the gang members carry more firepower than that. We have been carrying the Glock .40 for the last 12 years or so. Everyone loves them as they are extremely accurate and so easy to break down. As for the Sig, for me they are no good as they are not made for us southpaws.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that a Glock is accuate anough for self defense........but, can you hold 5 rounds within 1"at 25 yds? How many precission shooters use Glocks?.......you will see them using Sig, Les Baer, NightHawk and other customized guns, but nor Glocks.......shot a P220 or a P226 X5 and you will "see" what I am talking about.

I do not know about other states, but here in California, you have specify which weapon or weapons you will carry concealed. I own both Sig and Glock (along with others) and do not wish to enter that debate, but if we were to consider concealability (smaller size, lighter weight, etc.) as the prime factor, and you could only choose one pistol, what is everyone's sense for what weapon they would carry concealed (on your person, not in the glovebox or under the seat)? Jim

Sig P229 SAS in .40 cal. This gun comes from the Sig Custom Shop properly de-horned so that it doesn't get caught as you pull it out. I added a laser grip on mine....as a matter of fact, all guns I use for possible self defense have laser sights on them. I have never had to use a gun on self defense, and hope that nver will, but, the laser sight adds a high degree of confidence if the moment ever comes.

In Florida once you get a concealed weapon permit, you can carry concealed any legal weapon.......a knife as well as a gun.........and you can carry more than one, but, they better be concealed! No need for a permit if the gun is going to be in your vehicle, but it must be in a container that has a lid (trunk, glove box, shoe box, brief case) or in a holster with a strap over the hammer, in which case it can be displayed anywhere in your vehicle. :happy feet:

Yes I carry most of the time. I keep a Seecamp .32 w/ Silvertips next to the billfold and change where it can go out the door on a routine basis. My daily drivers have a Glock .357 Sig in them. I have too many choices to list but my favorites are the Glocks, Sig 220 and 226, and HK USP .40 Compact.

Those of us who do carry and have a CCW Permit and / or LE Certification make it safer for those who choose not to carry. If criminals knew everyone was unarmed, victims would be a dime a dozen.

P.S. If you have never seen a Seecamp .32 or .380, do a Google search to see the finest, limited production, and safe pocket firearms available.

I agree that a Glock is accuate anough for self defense........but, can you hold 5 rounds within 1"at 25 yds? How many precission shooters use Glocks?.......you will see them using Sig, Les Baer, NightHawk and other customized guns, but nor Glocks.......shot a P220 or a P226 X5 and you will "see" what I am talking about.

Glad you feel so strongly about the Sig. Talking about brands of guns is like talking about PC's vs Mac or Mustang vs Camaroit is truly a matter of taste. Our entire SWAT team carries Glocks as well as our pistol team. And yes, they can shoot as you describe. Me on the other hand, I couldn't shoot 1" at 5 yards, I am just not that interested in taking the time. I am a fair shot and the Glock has made me a better shot that any other weapon I have used in 25 years. Again, just a matter of preference.

Glad you feel so strongly about the Sig. Talking about brands of guns is like talking about PC's vs Mac or Mustang vs Camaroit is truly a matter of taste. Our entire SWAT team carries Glocks as well as our pistol team. And yes, they can shoot as you describe. Me on the other hand, I couldn't shoot 1" at 5 yards, I am just not that interested in taking the time. I am a fair shot and the Glock has made me a better shot that any other weapon I have used in 25 years. Again, just a matter of preference.

If you enjoy the sport try a P220 Super Match or a P226 X5 L1.........if you are ever in So Florida, you can try mine,you will be able to tell the difference.....just like driving a Mustang GT or a GT500.

I don't know about you guys, but if I get into a situation where I need to fire a weapon, Im probably gonna be so nervous or scared I wont shoot straight anyway...so a 1 inch pattern isn't gonna happen with any gun at any distance...but I just carry my trusty colt .45 1991A, but I will add that the dove handle safety doesnt work...and Colt told me tough on getting it fixed...it never worked out of the box, would have thought it covered under warranty, but other than that I like it!

If you enjoy the sport try a P220 Super Match or a P226 X5 L1.........if you are ever in So Florida, you can try mine,you will be able to tell the difference.....just like driving a Mustang GT or a GT500.

It's not sport to me, it is my job. There are many guns that are more suitable for "sport" shooting that are better than the Glock. But, for street use, not too many can match all the qualities that Glock offers. And it is not just Glock that offers special prices for police. Virtually all gun manufactures want orders that can exceed hundreds of units at one time. S&W is very aggressive but not too many will carry them anymore. All I want is something that will work when pulled out and that I can shoot reasonably well; the Glock does that and more. There are not too many cops out there that would allow their agencies to pick the duty weapon based on price. Again, just my 2 cents.

Ok, perhaps we should move the pissing match over to "Glocktalk.com" instead of here.

Lets face it, both gun manufactures' put out a good product. Pick one you're most comfortable with and be done with it.

.......or just be like me, buy both !!

Lets face it, both gun manufactures' put out a good product. Pick one you're most comfortable with and be done with it.

.......or just be like me, buy both !!

Having both was my solution, too. In the end, I agree that you will shoot best with the one in which you have the most confidence. Jim

In California nothing is legal except taxes :banghead:

We depend on our great honest and moral pol-I-tic-ion to protect us and keep us safe. :hysterical2:

Therefore we have no need to break the law by carrying a weapon of any kind :hysterical2::hysterical:

But if I were, and I don't, I'd think the Kimber ultra custom elite 45 is a great choice.

I have seen it compared to the glock and it smoked the glock under 7feet at 20yrd, 30yrds, up

the only thing the glock had going was it is easier to tear down and build back up.

Don't like the wear factor on the glock. mags wear out faster, and accuracy slips as the rounds are fired.

Iv’e seen a glock (10MM) that could not hit the broad side of a barn at 100feet. I though that was just a saying till I saw the glock.

The Kimber UCE 45 has less kick, can fit in your jeans front pocket without being noticeable is 100% machined all parts are full competition quality, and it can house & fire large military 45 mags without any problems.

Glock lacks on everything except tear down when compared.

The Kimber UCE, when compared to the H&K special force model and fired side by side was every bit as good. The Kimber cost less, is half the size and had less kick.

All Kibers are built with the same quality price depends on what you add to it. You can order Kimber as a lefty or ambidextrous.

But remember, I live in California, our pol-I-tic-ion protect us so we have no need to carry guns :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical2: beside its Illegal. :banghead:

I vote for Kimber. :happy feet:

Subguns, I respect your choice of caliber, but I personaly will not carry anything less than a 9mm +P; anything less just doesn't have teh necessary stopping power.

The .32 is only a back up pocket piece. The .357 Sig is for the main event and is around most of the time. It is one hell of a round. Texas DPS are using it in Sig 226s.

The .32 is only a back up pocket piece. The .357 Sig is for the main event and is around most of the time. It is one hell of a round. Texas DPS are using it in Sig 226s.

Agree, Sig 357 is a hell of a round..........I mostly pratice with 9mm WWB......carry .40, also parctice with the 40's just tomake sure guns are reliable.

Having both was my solution, too. In the end, I agree that you will shoot best with the one in which you have the most confidence. Jim

I had them all, but sold out of the Glocks and kept Sig and H&K for self defense........have other brands that I use for target practice and plinking. For me it is a matter of reliability, fit, accuracy and balance.....a lot of it boils down to how it feels as I shoot the gun.

Okay, I had no idea that Shelby guys were so into guns. I'm thinking maybe I'm missing the boat here.

So what do you think, should I "pony" up the bucks to become the official gun sponsor of stangs unleashed? I could have my name up there at the top of the screen with Evo and Lethal, and I could save you guys a bunch of money on your next firearm. Maybe I could even deliver your guns in my Shelby, the possibilities are endless. I just need a slogan..."faster than a speeding cobra" or "handguns in a hurry" :hysterical2: So...who's first a Glock for louis or maybe a Kimber for my man Jimc? Step right up folks Dan's horsepower and firepower is open for business.

Okay, I had no idea that Shelby guys were so into guns. I'm thinking maybe I'm missing the boat here.

So what do you think, should I "pony" up the bucks to become the official gun sponsor of stangs unleashed? I could have my name up there at the top of the screen with Evo and Lethal, and I could save you guys a bunch of money on your next firearm. Maybe I could even deliver your guns in my Shelby, the possibilities are endless. I just need a slogan..."faster than a speeding cobra" or "handguns in a hurry" :hysterical2: So...who's first a Glock for louis or maybe a Kimber for my man Jimc? Step right up folks Dan's horsepower and firepower is open for business.

I think you coined your new slogan "Guns In A Hurry - Cause I'm faster they a speeding cobra"

For the man that has everything - now you can get him the fire power to go with his horse power.

Go for it Dan!

The wife and I might just take a drive to pick one up in person.

So what are the laws out there.

Any place is better then calli.

JimC

All i want is a nice underfolder AK for my collection. Can you help?

All i want is a nice underfolder AK for my collection. Can you help?

sar1xj2.jpg

Sweat, nice collection.

My neighbor has a Kel-Tec SU-16b, said He needed to get it before calli made it Illegal like they do everything else. Its nice, front sight was removed, and it has a lazer sight, sling, Extended butt pad, Compact Forend Conversion Kit, plus other extra. He must be crazy, but it sure is nice.

Archived