TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Handguns and Shelbys

RUFDRAFT

Thirty years ago, I would never have given a thought about carrying a handgun in my car.

Today - well - times "are a changin."

How many of you "carry" in your daily drives?

And will you carry in the Shelby? The car might be attractive to jackers.

Ruf - I don't carry. :rockon:

HSURB

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't needed to carry since I started driving in 1971 and I've never known anyone who has needed to carry or wish they had carried in my entire life. I guess what I'm saying is that it appears to me that the odds are far from it being necessary, unless one lives in a very dangerous area. In that case I would have moved away long ago!

I almost hate to participate in this thread but..................

Growing up as a kid, we had guns around. They were kept out on my grandfather's back porch with a door that was never locked. If we wanted to see one, all we had to do was ask. Sometimes my grandfather would show them to us and sometimes we wouldn't but we never would have dreamed of touching one without permission. We were allowed to use them once we proved we were responsible. This was a process that involved starting with a bb gun , then a single shot 22, and up from there. By the time I was 13, I was given a 30-30 and three shells and turned loose in the timber to deer hunt.

Today, my kids wouldn't think about touching my guns (which are all secured and trigger/action locked). They have been exposed and educated.

As far as carrying, I do occasionally carry depending on where I'm going. I would never pull a weapon in haste. I would only use the weapon as a means of preventing my life or my family's lives from being taken. I can neither confirm or deny that I was carrying a weapon in Detroit in August.

Crime rates in general in states that allow CCW are down. In my city, carjacking and robbery is on the rise and I fear for my wife's safety when she is in parking lots etc....

To sumt his up, you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers and don't consider entering my house without my invitation as it will certainly yield painful results.

If you're going to carry, get lots of education and shoot your weapon often.

If you're against owning or carrying guns, that's cool. I can respect it but don't hold it against me for carrying.

Peace to all.............

CB

I don't carry ,but i do own a lot so much so that I am a collector ! We are talking Sig Sauer 229 1. 9mm 1. 40cal,357 sig. Sig Sauer 239 1. 9mm. Ruger P89 1. 9mm. Kel-Tec Sub 2000 sig mag 1. 9mm 1. 40cal. Now I don't carry and I don't fell the need to carry but as my buddies and me say.You break in the house you get carried out!

I'm a gun owner and enthusiast, but I don't carry. Too many things to go wrong. If someone puts a gun in my face and wants the car, they can have it. NO car is worth losing your life, or the life of a passenger. If you have a gun, you put yourself in the position of making yourself a much bigger threat to someone, thus making it more likely they are going to try to take your life to better protect themselves. On top of all that:

1) you run the risk of the gun being stolen from your car if it's broken into (and possibly being used against innocent people).

2) police officers do NOT like hearing you have a weapon in the vehicle when you are pulled over for speeding.

3) if you are registered for concealed carry, the police will almost always make you exit your vehicle/hassle you extensively in a traffic stop.

4) you cannot cross a border with a weapon.

Too many negatives. Now if someone were to break into my house in the middle of the night, they'd better act fast or be really quiet, as I am of a very different mind set in a situation like that.

+1000

I don't carry ,but i do own a lot so much so that I am a collector ! We are talking Sig Sauer 229 1. 9mm 1. 40cal,357 sig. Sig Sauer 239 1. 9mm. Ruger P89 1. 9mm. Kel-Tec Sub 2000 sig mag 1. 9mm 1. 40cal. Now I don't carry and I don't fell the need to carry but as my buddies and me say.You break in the house you get carried out!

I only carry on road trips.

These days - too many whackos have handguns.

I'll shoot first and take my chances in court.

I drove big trucks for 20 years and never carried. But times have changed.

If I get pulled - I'll let them know what I've got and take my chances.

No crack head is going to end my ride over nothing.

I only carry on road trips.

These days - too many whackos have handguns.

I'll shoot first and take my chances in court.

I drove big trucks for 20 years and never carried. But times have changed.

If I get pulled - I'll let them know what I've got and take my chances.

No crack head is going to end my ride over nothing.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :happy feet:

I almost hate to participate in this thread but..................

Growing up as a kid, we had guns around. They were kept out on my grandfather's back porch with a door that was never locked. If we wanted to see one, all we had to do was ask. Sometimes my grandfather would show them to us and sometimes we wouldn't but we never would have dreamed of touching one without permission. We were allowed to use them once we proved we were responsible. This was a process that involved starting with a bb gun , then a single shot 22, and up from there. By the time I was 13, I was given a 30-30 and three shells and turned loose in the timber to deer hunt.

Today, my kids wouldn't think about touching my guns (which are all secured and trigger/action locked). They have been exposed and educated.

As far as carrying, I do occasionally carry depending on where I'm going. I would never pull a weapon in haste. I would only use the weapon as a means of preventing my life or my family's lives from being taken. I can neither confirm or deny that I was carrying a weapon in Detroit in August.

Crime rates in general in states that allow CCW are down. In my city, carjacking and robbery is on the rise and I fear for my wife's safety when she is in parking lots etc....

To sumt his up, you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers and don't consider entering my house without my invitation as it will certainly yield painful results.

If you're going to carry, get lots of education and shoot your weapon often.

If you're against owning or carrying guns, that's cool. I can respect it but don't hold it against me for carrying.

Peace to all.............

CB

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER.

+1

Wow, how did I miss this thread? I am a gun dealer and own 3 shops in NC. I also have a concealed handgun permit and carry my handgun everywhere? I carry a titanium Taurus 357 snubnose. I have read alot of you guys saying you live in a "safe area". I am here to tell you it only takes needing your gun once and having it to make up for the inconveniance of carrying it for years. Just a few months ago I had a confrontation with what I can only guess was a drugged up idiot. He pulled a 12" knife on me and came at me with bad intentions. I instictively pulled my weapon and shudder to think what would have happened if I had decided not to carry that day. I'm not a gun nut, but I think that if every able-bodied American carried a weapon the country would be a much safer place. Just my red-blooded humble opinion.

Now, don't get mad, but..........

There is a fundamental difference between our two countries............

That is something that doesn't even exist in Canada,

people walking and driving around with guns, and even

thinking of it. We don't chose not to, it just doesn't occur

to us to even consider it. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

KingCobra.

+1,0000

I live in Florida were just about everyone carries a handgun. I am well trained and carry a Glock model 30 45.cal. Love it and wouldn't leave home without it. :happy feet:

Love my Glock, compact.45. I have a CCW and carry most of the time. Also keep a Colt Pony in deep cover as a back up.

Greetings,

I have a CCW since 1989 and have never been hassled by the law over it, if anything they treat you with some respect. They also want to get the hell away from you ASAP :hysterical2:

They do usually make you get out and disarm but not always. Several times they just said "keep your hands where I can see em'". No problem officer.

I carry a small gun, kel tec .32. As Jeff Cooper said, they best gun to carry is the one you have with you. Yeah, .32 is pretty minimal but silvertips pack a good wallop and this little gun is with me always. I am thinking of going to a 3AT or PF9 but its just more weight and size, not sure if I want it. If the alarm goes off in the dead of the night I take the Glock 17...

I've never had to draw on anyone, hope I never do, but there have been several times I was real happy to have had it.

There are situations where a gun can help you, some it can't, but remember this. There are those among us that will use their physical size or a gun to get what they want. Sometimes, giving up your "stuff" will not be enough. There are some hard hearted people in this world. Laws dont stop mean/evil/ greedy/ stupid/lazy people from hurting you. Only force can do that.

The law cleans up the mess afterward and tries to get you a sense of justice and prevent it from happening again. Of couse, if your dead, that won't make much diffence. If you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, you could get hurt. If you dont carry a gun, you are leaving your fate to luck and the good graces of your fellow man.

Usually thats enough, most people ARE good and the odds are favorable you will never need a gun, especially if you live in a rural low crime area. Hey, if you can live that life, more power to you.

I'm not nearly that trusting. I live in Florida. I cant always carry but I carry when I can.

KC666

Wow, how did I miss this thread? I am a gun dealer and own 3 shops in NC. I also have a concealed handgun permit and carry my handgun everywhere? I carry a titanium Taurus 357 snubnose. I have read alot of you guys saying you live in a "safe area". I am here to tell you it only takes needing your gun once and having it to make up for the inconveniance of carrying it for years. Just a few months ago I had a confrontation with what I can only guess was a drugged up idiot. He pulled a 12" knife on me and came at me with bad intentions. I instictively pulled my weapon and shudder to think what would have happened if I had decided not to carry that day. I'm not a gun nut, but I think that if every able-bodied American carried a weapon the country would be a much safer place. Just my red-blooded humble opinion.

Very well said.

I always carry and I have my wife always with one also. I go to the range a lot with her to make sure she's comfortable and knows how to use it correctly.

That said I keep a .45 H&K USP Tactical in the shelby, Ruger 9mm in my daily driver and a Beretta .32 in my wifes car. Not to mention everyhting in the house.

I think peoples residence matters the most in this topic. I used to live in New Orleans, now about 20 out.

Thirty years ago, I would never have given a thought about carrying a handgun in my car.

Today - well - times "are a changin."

How many of you "carry" in your daily drives?

And will you carry in the Shelby? The car might be attractive to jackers.

I work on the road in AZ. CA. and NV. and live in AZ. I do excersize my 2nd Ammendment right and so does my wife. We are responsible senior people, both with CCW permits. Just like Amercan Express, we don't leave home without it. My 9mm and her .38 special are always with us just like a wrist watch. Law or no law states, I don't really give a crap and carry in those restrictive states per there carry laws. Az. is an open carry state. Anyone that feels "bothered" by that, please stay out of AZ. cause thats the norm here.

AZbud

Very well said.

I always carry and I have my wife always with one also. I go to the range a lot with her to make sure she's comfortable and knows how to use it correctly.

That said I keep a .45 H&K USP Tactical in the shelby, Ruger 9mm in my daily driver and a Beretta .32 in my wifes car. Not to mention everyhting in the house.

I think peoples residence matters the most in this topic. I used to live in New Orleans, now about 20 out.

Very well said yourself. I watch alot of court tv, forensic files and that sort of thing. So many times I end up saying, if that poor man or woman had only had a gun it would be the dirtbag getting the autopsy not them. My wife is not what I would call a gun enthusiast, but she knows how to use one and has one in the vehicle with her at all times. Much better safe than sorry.

Dan

Archived