TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many People are still in the Dark about orders ??

Me. But my dealer is small town, non SVT, President's award winner or anything else. He's only getting one, (mine), so I won't expect a VIN # for several months, and no car until at least December. But that's OK with me, I've got some money raising to do.

I'm in a little different situation, but still dont know if I'm getting a car. I placed money down last Sept. with price to be determined by Dealer upon agreement of seller and buyer. I ordered my Black with silver stripes GT500 on March 14th. I was suppose to get a actual price when MSRP came out, now my dealer is telling me the Owner of the dealer ship wants to wait until some of the Shelby's hit the streets to see what the other Dealers will do as far as price. I got a bad feeling I will be getting the shaft, as I cannot afford much over MSRP.

Im really scared of losing my dream car, but I dont feel I should have to sell my 93 GT 5.0 to make up for Dealer Mark up. I too am in the dark.

my question is - haven't the regional reps already got all the allocations that they're going to get for each of their respective regions (minus any remaining "share of nation" vehicles) ?

if so, what harm would it be to "release" all legitimate orders that are already placed into the order bank, to the factory, (with valid dealer allocations) and let the factory worry about scheduling?

why would they intentionally not process the order and release it for production? (provided it is coming from a dealer with an approved allocation)

my question is - haven't the regional reps already got all the allocations that they're going to get for each of their respective regions (minus any remaining "share of nation" vehicles) ?

if so, what harm would it be to "release" all legitimate orders that are already placed into the order bank, to the factory, (with valid dealer allocations) and let the factory worry about scheduling?

why would they intentionally not process the order and release it for production? (provided it is coming from a dealer with an approved allocation)

Final allocation numbers have not been given. The only sure numbers are Power Lease Customers, Presidents Award Winners, and Past SVT dealer commitments as well as the new Dealership sign on. There are still many orders left to distribute, Dealers will have opportunities to pick up extra cars at the Spring dealer meetings (via a lotto for the dealers that attend the meetings)

All orders placed by dealers are already in the order bank. The regional Reps are not holding anything up. The dealers put orders in anytime and when Ford calculates what the regional distribution is then the dealers orders are moved up. Ford could accept more orders than they can ever build. The computer will not limit the number of vehicles ordered. The Factory will determine how many vehicles they can produce, and then the orders get pulled. DO NOT assume that the Ford reps are doing anything to hold up your car. Your cars are scheduled based on what can be built.

Keep in mind the motor is the limiting factor. The motor is not a mass production piece, that is part of what makes this car special (compared to the other Mustangs) so the factory will only build what is available.

Your order will not be processed until your place in line comes up. Once your order is in it is in. It will only be released for production when they can build the car. It makes no sense to assign a VIN for a car that will not be built several months from now.

I'm in a little different situation, but still dont know if I'm getting a car. I placed money down last Sept. with price to be determined by Dealer upon agreement of seller and buyer. I ordered my Black with silver stripes GT500 on March 14th. I was suppose to get a actual price when MSRP came out, now my dealer is telling me the Owner of the dealer ship wants to wait until some of the Shelby's hit the streets to see what the other Dealers will do as far as price. I got a bad feeling I will be getting the shaft, as I cannot afford much over MSRP.

Im really scared of losing my dream car, but I dont feel I should have to sell my 93 GT 5.0 to make up for Dealer Mark up. I too am in the dark.

You could e-mail him the results of the 'stangs unleashed survey showing that 73% have deals at MSRP or less. Of course that was several weeks ago and he probably won't believe you anyway, but at least you'll see if has a sense of humor ;-)

Or maybe if there's folks in here who have early deals at MSRP or near MSRP, you could put him in touch with those dealers when the units ship (i.e. when it's a done deal) ...just a thought.

Or maybe it's better at this point to sit tight because, by winter, you might have a better chance that prices will at least be off the high initial ADMs.

Godd luck in any case, Speedo...

Final allocation numbers have not been given. The only sure numbers are Power Lease Customers, Presidents Award Winners, and Past SVT dealer commitments as well as the new Dealership sign on. There are still many orders left to distribute, Dealers will have opportunities to pick up extra cars at the Spring dealer meetings (via a lotto for the dealers that attend the meetings)

All orders placed by dealers are already in the order bank. The regional Reps are not holding anything up. The dealers put orders in anytime and when Ford calculates what the regional distribution is then the dealers orders are moved up. Ford could accept more orders than they can ever build. The computer will not limit the number of vehicles ordered. The Factory will determine how many vehicles they can produce, and then the orders get pulled. DO NOT assume that the Ford reps are doing anything to hold up your car. Your cars are scheduled based on what can be built.

Keep in mind the motor is the limiting factor. The motor is not a mass production piece, that is part of what makes this car special (compared to the other Mustangs) so the factory will only build what is available.

Your order will not be processed until your place in line comes up. Once your order is in it is in. It will only be released for production when they can build the car. It makes no sense to assign a VIN for a car that will not be built several months from now.

What exactly determines my order's "place in line"? And who controls this?

My order has been in the order bank since the day the order bank was opened on or about 03/16/06 and still sits in a "clean/unscheduled" state. VOPC tells me (as of last Friday) that my order was in a " material hold - contact region" status meaning that the regional rep needs to enter a special code into the system to have the car released for production so that the factory could add it into the build schedule, but my dealer now says that the order is "clean/unscheduled" state and due to a confirmed allocation from the regional rep, that my car will be built "for sure" but they don't know when.

I would think if what you said is true about the regional reps not holding things up, that I would at least have a VIN # and an estimated build date (even if that date is months off). I would like to know the real story

I know I'm getting a GT500 (DORA in hand), but I'm having an awful time getting my dealer to give me an update on my order. I've called and sent emails, but he's not calling me back. It's starting to make me a little nervous. It's a small town, non SVT, non-President's award dealer, so I'm not expecting a VIN# or anything. I just want to make sure there aren't any problems.

:rant:

I have stopped bugging my Dealer about my order. Which supposedly has been place in the system.

I am waiting for Dealers to tell use when they get there GT500 allocations.

Thanks very much 68fastback. For the good ideas you gave, I hadnt thought of that or hadnt seen the survey either, he will get a email, that for sure. I am doing a search for that in 10 seconds.

The second idea, is GREAT !!! Anyone with MSRP DEALS PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH DEALERS NAME! I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET! Maybe someone could start a post of Dealerships selling at MSRP, A GOOD GUY DEALERSHIP LIST if you will ! Recognizing them for being a straight shooter!

The 3rd idea is exactly how I will have to play my cards in the end. I know the dealers plan is to wait until the car gets here, get me in the showroom, get that jaw dropping effect going when i see it, and then , WAM !! Drop the Hammer on me! Take it or leave it type of thing!

But I will stay strong and be prepared!

Thanks for the ideas 68 fastback, much appreciated!!

Speedo

What exactly determines my order's "place in line"? And who controls this?

My order has been in the order bank since the day the order bank was opened on or about 03/16/06 and still sits in a "clean/unscheduled" state. VOPC tells me (as of last Friday) that my order was in a " material hold - contact region" status meaning that the regional rep needs to enter a special code into the system to have the car released for production so that the factory could add it into the build schedule, but my dealer now says that the order is "clean/unscheduled" state and due to a confirmed allocation from the regional rep, that my car will be built "for sure" but they don't know when.

I would think if what you said is true about the regional reps not holding things up, that I would at least have a VIN # and an estimated build date (even if that date is months off). I would like to know the real story

Your mistake is assuming that if you happened to be the first order into the system that you would be the first car built. The amount of time in the order bank will not determine when you will get your car. I have covered allocation before and am surprised that so many still seem to think there is a conspiracy from either the dealer or the region to keep them from getting a car.

To make it short. The regional rep cannot release any more orders than that region has earned.

Here is how it goes.

ALL NUMBERS HERE ARE HYPOTHETICAL

Assume Ford can build 100 Mustangs for the next production week.

How many Mustangs each region gets is determined by how many Mustangs they sold.

Out of 100 Mustangs lets say 10% can be GT500. That means that Ford will build 90 other Mustangs and only 10 GT500 during this production week.

Lets say that your dealer is in a region that sold 50% of the Mustangs. That Region would get 50% of the Mustang production and consequently 50 Mustangs and only 5 GT500.

Lets say that your dealership Sold 20% of the regions Mustangs. Well then they would get 1 GT500.

Your car is clean (you do not have any incompatible options on the order, an example would be ordering a convertible top on a coupe. This is a dirty order because incompatible options have been entered)

But because the GT500 is a controlled commoditiy (Ford determines when the cars get built) it is on material hold until the region has earned another place in line. Once that happens the dealership who is next in line gets a call that one of thier orders will be pulled for production.

VIN are not assigned by Ford until the Plant has scheduled the car (meaning decided when the car will get built)

The problem here is that both the dealership and VOPC are correct you are just assuming that the two disagree. This is an error brought on by misunderstanding the system. (Trying to pose as a dealer when you call VOPC)

So keep in mind the Regional Manager is told by Ford you get XXX number of Mustangs for this week and you can order up to xx% as GT500. Then the region determines who is first in line (based on sales etc.) and lets them know that one of thier orders can be pulled for production. That is when the VIN will be assigned. Since the plant is only scheduling (planning production 4-6 weeks out you will not get a VIN until it has been sent to the plant by Ford.

It sounds like your dealer has been informed that one of thier orders has come due and that it has been made clean (region has cleared the car) but the plant has not yet responded with the actual timing of the build for your car. THIS IS COMMON. Especially when you remember that 4-6 weeks puts you in the middle of the summer vacation season so scheduling is still being sorted out for that time.

How many people are # 3 or higher on there Dealers list????

I guess I'm one of those that the dealer says I'm getting my car...but has no idea when...I am apprently number 5 on the list now...so not sure where I'm at. Every time I complain I get a reasonable response that I can substantiate with other dealers in the same boat. So I just keep hanging on and changing my color selection every week... Dealer laughs every time I call... asked me would there be any one of the three selections I keep changing that would really bum me out and if so lets drop it and he'll surprise me....

hmm something to think about. Kidding

Cheers,

Requis

I guess I'm one of those that the dealer says I'm getting my car...but has no idea when...I am apprently number 5 on the list now...so not sure where I'm at. Every time I complain I get a reasonable response that I can substantiate with other dealers in the same boat. So I just keep hanging on and changing my color selection every week... Dealer laughs every time I call... asked me would there be any one of the three selections I keep changing that would really bum me out and if so lets drop it and he'll surprise me....

hmm something to think about. Kidding

Cheers,

Requis

I found out my order was "clean" last week, and then on Friday it was called "Serialized". So, hopefully this means a VIN and a build date will follow soon. I just call the Ford Customer Service Line and ask for updates. They seem to get them quicker than my dealer.

How many people out there are still hanging on for a call from there Dealer

saying that they are going to get a GT500 ????

Keep the Faith !!!!!!!!!!!1

I have a full vin for the Convert. that I ordered with at shaker 1000? Does that mean my car has been built? Or are vin #'s assigned and then a built date is given? Is it possible some of the Converts were built with the Shaker 1000's before the hold went into effect? :sos:

Archived