TEAM SHELBY FORUM

C6 beats the GT500 in C&D's comparison test

Abn

T56 is easy to powershift and strong as hell, it can put up with it easily.

Powershifting will blow up a TR6060 just as easily. It is not a "bulletproof" transmission. I'd say it's 10% stronger max than a Viper spec T56.

Chris, R U sure you're not the local GM shill in here? :poke:

The TR6060 is far superior to the T56. In fact the improvements are so fundamental they are the new standard for all future Tremecs in that torque range.

Yes, the T56 is strong and, yes, you can powershift a 'vette. But the TR6060 is considerably stronger and the vette linkage has no where near the crispness of an on-tranny shifter (T56 or TR6060) -- no way.

Besides, the new Sting Ray is most likely specing the TR6060 because the T56 would be marginal at best at the anticipated torque. I think both have similar torque ratings, but the TR6060 builds in substantially more margin over the T56 -- substantially broader gears and one-piece primary shafts, more robust synchros -- all-round better, period.

And I like that only the GT500 has it, cause it's gonna get a pounding out there :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have too much "Mustang" in my blood to buy a Z06. But I am aware of reality. You could never set a GT500 up to have the blend of performance in all area's that a Z06 has. The Z06 is a supercar, the GT500 is not.

Try to get a GT500 to 200MPH without cylinder 7 and 8 failing from heat soak due to prolonged boost.

The Z06 has SIX piston calipers front FOUR back, compare that to GT500 brakes. It also weighs 800 lbs less and has more HP. It has perfect weight distribution. It has a magnesium engine cradle. It has an aluminum frame.

The list goes on and on. The two cars shouldn't even be talked about in the same conversation. Z06 are talked about with Ferrari F430 and cars of that caliber, not Mustangs.

Chris,

Read Car and Driver, the really (unfairly) dumped on the vette

Someone is ready for the trunk monkey :hysterical:

chimp_bat.jpg

Oh man, definitely time for bed. I "get" to help move my older boy to college in the morning. Junior at university of missouri at columbia. Needs to get a good education so he can support me in my old age.

:hysterical:

Get this, the poor kid is moving from the dorms into a furnished 3 story 3 bedroom townhouse that is brand new. Two female friends on the top level, and he gets the entire bottom level (bedroom, bath, rec area). Between the 3 of them, less costly than the dorm. Darn, when I think about the lousy places I stayed at during college.............

chimp_bat.jpg

Guest evilchris

The TR6060 is far superior to the T56. In fact the improvements are so fundamental they are the new standard for all future Tremecs in that torque range.

Yes, the T56 is strong and, yes, you can powershift a 'vette. But the TR6060 is considerably stronger and the vette linkage has no where near the crispness of an on-tranny shifter (T56 or TR6060) -- no way.

My t56 experience is from the Viper spec t56 in my 5.0 bro.

Besides, the new Sting Ray is most likely specing the TR6060 because the T56 would be marginal at best at the anticipated torque. I think both have similar torque ratings, but the TR6060 builds in substantially more margin over the T56 -- substantially broader gears and one-piece primary shafts, more robust synchros -- all-round better, period.

And I like that only the GT500 has it, cause it's gonna get a pounding out there :)

By golly Fastback, I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. I heard GM was trying to infiltrate this site so they could use the combined wisdom of the Mustang Gearheads to improve the Camaro. Maybe Chris would know why it is that GM is the follower as well as MoPar is the Pony Car resurgence. They used to hand spies. :hysterical::fan::hysterical:

Chris,

Read Car and Driver, the really (unfairly) dumped on the vette

I just read that article again today. I was fascinated by how they justified putting the Z06 corvette behind the other two cars. Kinda like the poor logic used to put the shelby behind the base corvette. The way they have set up their "objective" rating system, they can rank cars anyway they want, without the benefit of facts.

By golly Fastback, I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. I heard GM was trying to infiltrate this site so they could use the combined wisdom of the Mustang Gearheads to improve the Camaro. Maybe Chris would know why it is that GM is the follower as well as MoPar is the Pony Car resurgence. They used to hand spies. :hysterical::fan::hysterical:

Hang that is, I cant see with all the laughter

Guest evilchris

I've owned 3 Mustangs ( not a lot compared to some of you but I am 31 ) and still own 2 of them. I've had my current 92' LX with a supercharged 331 stroker since 1992. I've also got a 93 GT with a 347 stroker, NA.

I have never owned a GM other than a 1978 Blazer.

So spare me.

Oh, and I take delivery of my 2007 Mustang GT any day now. Here is where it is:

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/PetServlet.jas?...rtopt=unordered

I also rented a GT-H for 11 days for $2500 and had a blast with it. Please don't question my Ford loyalty and support.

I just read that article again today. I was fascinated by how they justified putting the Z06 corvette behind the other two cars. Kinda like the poor logic used to put the shelby behind the base corvette. The way they have set up their "objective" rating system, they can rank cars anyway they want, without the benefit of facts.

ABSOLUTELY

I've owned 3 Mustangs ( not a lot compared to some of you but I am 31 ) and still own 2 of them. I've had my current 92' LX with a supercharged 331 stroker since 1992. I've also got a 93 GT with a 347 stroker, NA.

I have never owned a GM other than a 1978 Blazer.

So spare me.

Oh, and I take delivery of my 2007 Mustang GT any day now. Here is where it is:

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/PetServlet.jas?...rtopt=unordered

I also rented a GT-H for 11 days for $2500 and had a blast with it. Please don't question my Ford loyalty and support.

Trunk Monkey time again, or is that drunk Monkey :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The two cars [Z06s and GT500s] shouldn't even be talked about in the same conversation.

Chris, then why are you the one who is relentlessly reminding us that the mustang isn't a 'vette. We all know this and are ecstatic that it's not!

I can't tell you how often I've posted something in various threads commenting on the prospects of a big-block mustang coming along or more HP or IRS, and YOU jump in telling us it's not a 'vette.

So you're the one constantly comparing the car to a vette and telling us it shouldn't be compared to the vette. :shrug:

You say you're a true mustang fan, but I think I hear GM recalling you for an ECU reflash <lol>

:hysterical:

Chris, then why are you the one who is relentlessly reminding us that the mustang isn't a 'vette. We all know this and are ecstatic that it's not!

I can't tell you how often I've posted something in various threads commenting on the prospects of a big-block mustang coming along or more HP or IRS, and YOU jump in telling us it's not a 'vette.

So you're the one constantly comparing the car to a vette and telling us it shouldn't be compared to the vette. :shrug:

You say you're a true mustang fan, but I think I hear GM recalling you for an ECU reflash <lol>

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The way they have set up their "objective" rating system, they can rank cars anyway they want, without the benefit of facts.

Amen!

You've broken the code -- that's what C&D is famous for, casting personal bias on objective facts to yield predetermined subjective results. Been that way as long as I can remember. Arrogance will do that and C&D wrote the book on it, IMHO.

Their answer to any criticism is: yeah, sure, if that was true we wouldn't be #1. The famous Mark Twain quote applies here I think: "Those who don't read the paper are uninformed, and those that do are misinformed."

:)

Guest evilchris

I'll just leave the forum as desired, you win 68. I'm a GM drone.

Amen!

You've broken the code -- that's what C&D is famous for, casting personal bias on objective facts to yield predetermined subjective results. Been that way as long as I can remember. Arrogance will do that and C&D wrote the book on it, IMHO.

Their answer to any criticism is: yeah, sure, if that was true we wouldn't be #1. The famous Mark Twain quote applies here I think: "Those who don't read the paper are uninformed, and those that do are misinformed."

:)

How do I attach a photo to a reply

How do I attach a photo to a reply

1) click on reply to set up reply panel

2) scroll down to "file Attachments" area below reply panel and BROWSE to the pic on your computer

3) click "Add this attachment" (next to the BROWSE) -- the attachments panel will expand to show your pic name and it's size

4) scroll back up to your reply and click to position cursor wher you want the pic inserted

5) click on the file name in the File Attachments panel to load its placeholder into the note

6) you can then click PREVIEW POST, if you like, and the thumbnail of the pic should be in the reply and be active (you can click it to enlarge it)

7) click ADD REPLY when you're ready to post it

Cheerz,

-Dan

They've been too busy making their $75-85K world's best "supercars" while training their "shills" and "poseurs" in the art of mind- :censored: the competition.

According to encarta: :read:

shill [ shil ] (noun)

1. pretended customer or gambler: an accomplice who pretends to be an interested customer or gambler in order to lure others into buying or gambling. 2. self-interested promoter: somebody who promotes somebody else or makes a sales pitch for something for reasons of self-interest

po·seur [ pō zúr ] (noun)

pretentious person: somebody who tries to impress others by behaving in an infected affected way

Btw, who or what are we talking about, anyway? :shrug::):hysterical:

Oh, my, God! I LOVE definitions. :happy feet:

More - more - keep them Coming! :baby:

:stirpot:

so·ci·o·path [ sṓssee ō pàth, sṓshee ō pàth ] (noun)

psychiatry ( technical )Same as psychopath

psy·cho·path [ skə pàth ] (noun)

1. somebody affected with a personality disorder marked by aggressive, violent, antisocial thought and behavior and a lack of remorse or empathy (technical term)

2. an offensive term for somebody who is regarded as highly antisocial, aggressive, and lacking in empathy

<what about these?> :wacko:

They've been too busy making their $75-85K world's best "supercars" while training their "shills" and "poseurs" in the art of mind- :censored: the competition.

According to encarta: :read:

shill [ shil ] (noun)

1. pretended customer or gambler: an accomplice who pretends to be an interested customer or gambler in order to lure others into buying or gambling. 2. self-interested promoter: somebody who promotes somebody else or makes a sales pitch for something for reasons of self-interest

po·seur [ pō zúr ] (noun)

pretentious person: somebody who tries to impress others by behaving in an infected affected way

Btw, who or what are we talking about, anyway? :shrug::):hysterical:

po-seur - So this along is a dealer salesman in incognito--Wow in did not know that.

I'll just leave the forum as desired, you win 68. I'm a GM drone.

No need to leave, EC -- you are knowledgeable and I've gained some good insights from you, but you are sometimes... well, difficult. Anyhow, this isn't my thread and, even if it was, I don't feel I have any right to tell you what to do... nor did I intend that you leave. I genuinely mean that. I was ust razzing you a bit to get you to focus on how agressively you're relating to others in here. I know that's your perogative, but so are the reactions of others. Peace.

-Dan

Archived