TEAM SHELBY FORUM

C6 beats the GT500 in C&D's comparison test

Abn

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I find Abn entertaining....about the same way I find my grandchildern entertaining, cute and they will growup someday. :)

I'm not so sure about your last belief. He seems to be a somewhat one-trick pony, beating on the same points over and over. None of us on this site are idiots, and we got his opinions the first time they were stated. Many of us have differing opinions, and many times that is the kind of thing that makes these forums valuable. What I don't like is someone continuing on, as if they say something loud enough and multiple times, they will change everyone's opinions to match theirs. And quite frankly, I find it very offensive that Abn is going out of his way to be rude to valuable members who have been long time contributors.

Oh well, I guess I now will have to put my anti-flame suit on for a response, to be pleasant I am sure.

added later:

I went back through the thread, and realized that I was somewhat over reaching when I said that Abn was saying the same thing over and over. I guess that I am just weary of posters on this board and the 2 others that I follow say the same thing over and over. I think we all agree that the shelby is heavy, not too different from the original muscle cars. It also obviously suffers from tractions problems and with issues, such as torque management, that have to be fixed with a tune. The reality is, for normal street drivers, the shelby as it is from the factory is more than enough for them to handle. For those that want to race, the shelby can be modified to be very competitive, and for the buyers in this category, they should be able to do so without a lot of effort.

I still feel that Abn is showing way too much enjoyment from picking fights with members who have the respect of the others on this board.

I'm not so sure about your last belief. He seems to be a somewhat one-trick pony, beating on the same points over and over. None of us on this site are idiots, and we got his opinions the first time they were stated. Many of us have differing opinions, and many times that is the kind of thing that makes these forums valuable. What I don't like is someone continuing on, as if they say something loud enough and multiple times, they will change everyone's opinions to match theirs. And quite frankly, I find it very offensive that Abn is going out of his way to be rude to valuable members who have been long time contributors.

Oh well, I guess I now will have to put my anti-flame suit on for a response, to be pleasant I am sure.

added later:

I went back through the thread, and realized that I was somewhat over reaching when I said that Abn was saying the same thing over and over. I guess that I am just weary of posters on this board and the 2 others that I follow say the same thing over and over. I think we all agree that the shelby is heavy, not too different from the original muscle cars. It also obviously suffers from tractions problems and with issues, such as torque management, that have to be fixed with a tune. The reality is, for normal street drivers, the shelby as it is from the factory is more than enough for them to handle. For those that want to race, the shelby can be modified to be very competitive, and for the buyers in this category, they should be able to do so without a lot of effort.

I still feel that Abn is showing way too much enjoyment from picking fights with members who have the respect of the others on this board.

Agreed. He has not responded to the fact that the test was flawed as pointed out by many here. Read the rest of the reviews in the rest of the mags, very positive. Also, I believe the diff was 1/10th , Ahh, ya think the driver may be somewhat important in a race that close. Man, If ya wanna buy a vette or stick with the terminator, Thats up to you!

I don't drive yet, but I do take three or four naps a day. I don't work yet, but hope one day to make at least minimum wage. And of course, you're right, one day I hope to be GED class of 2010. I gotta go now. All my relatives are talking about you and I don't want to miss anything. Oh, sorry about uncle Earl peeing on your Eyetalian shoes. Hope they don't squish too much. :)

Bye for now, talk to you later.

Ha, how you doing, poser? You seem to talk a lot about your uncle "Earl". Is he the one you share a trailer with in the mobile park? Sorry if he "abused" you when you were little, but a butt monkey like you probably enjoyed it.

Peace, Out!

added later:

Get off your high horse. At least you had the decency to retract some of your baseless accusations. I started this thread to comment on C&D's comparison test. I was immediatley attacked as a "troll" by someone who makes Jethro Bodine look like a Rhodes Scholar (yes, lawdud, that's you, you tool). Go back and read the entire thread. I have enjoyed the more intelligent conversations with many of the more adult members of this board. If your respect leans towards morons like lawdud, more power to you. Don't drop bombs on me, or you may start something you can't finish. Ask your buddy.

Agreed. He has not responded to the fact that the test was flawed as pointed out by many here. Read the rest of the reviews in the rest of the mags, very positive. Also, I believe the diff was 1/10th , Ahh, ya think the driver may be somewhat important in a race that close. Man, If ya wanna buy a vette or stick with the terminator, Thats up to you!

There are flaws in every test. However, most people now realize that regardless of the test conditions, the Shelby isn't going to beat a vette. And, I'm not even a chevy guy. So buy your shelby and 9 times out of ten with a comparable driver to yourself, you'll get beat at the redlight. There will be more head to head tests in the near future. Let's hear your excuses then. Now, did that insult you or "pick a fight"? If so, you are certainly too thin skinned and possibly not balanced.

This response is pretty much verification of just what I said. Adn, if you actually look at this board and the various posts, you would pretty easily see that I have never been on a "high horse." I use this forum to obtain and provide facts and opinions. As far as your statement of "starting something that I can't finish," that is about a juvenile a statement as I have heard in a while. Reminds me of something off of an elementary school playground. I just don't feel the need to call names and throw out threats. Not a good use of time. I would really appreciate it if any future responses be more adult to adult. I really do enjoy strong arguements, but only if we can eventually agree on the facts, and are just trying to figure out what they mean. Forums like this are much more productive if we don't assume that the other guy is a jerk if they don't like or agree with what we say. I think that what you feel are immediate insults resulting from your posts is really frustration from many persons saying the same things over and over, in a way that readers feel is demeaning to the fans of the shelby.

Facts that you bring up are for the most part very accurate, and I am always interested in people's opinions. I think that time will tell what this shelby is capable of in good hands and with some minor work. Since I am getting one, I obviously hope that it is capable of holding its own against all reasonable competition. I have never been a fan of the corvette, and I really don't give a darn whether it is faster or not, it is just a car that I don't want, and that has nothing to do with cost. This is a musclecar, and that brings some good things and some bad things. Bad things are weight and handling, good things (to me) are looks, comfort and power. Within its range of what I view as competition, this may be the best thing that has ever been out there. But that is a view from where I sit and what I am after. Because of the traction issue, I think that the average shelby driver is going to struggle to keep up with many of the performance cars on the road, but really, those guys probably shouldn't get this car in the first place. Anyway, this has gotten rambling, but honestly, please try to understand that when you are on a shelby site and bring up all the negatives of this car, there should be no surprise on your part when some folks react to that. When you start a flaming war with those who do react, it is easy to believe that you came here looking for a fight. Prove me wrong.

John

Ha, how you doing, poser? You seem to talk a lot about your uncle "Earl". Is he the one you share a trailer with in the mobile park? Sorry if he "abused" you when you were little, but a butt monkey like you probably enjoyed it.

You act like you don't remember Uncle Earl. He sure remembers you. And as we all sit around the trailer, he tells us all about you - especially how you're much smaller than you sound on the internet, and how you liked hanging around him a lot more than you liked hanging around my sister - at least until he peed in your Eyetalian shoes.

Well, I gotta go now. I'm missing out on Uncle Earl's stories about you. Bye.

Uncle Earl is starting to provide some awful visions; can't we start talking about his good looking daughters or at least have him tell a joke or 2? :D

But I tell you, this is nothing compared to a local mustang club's forum. The other night, a guy that is obviously not well liked anyway, started bragging about winning a race with another mustang that was not even close to his class. Was also his opponent's first time at a real drag strip. Forum members then started busting his chops. By the time it was over, he threated everyone on the forum with death and dismemberment, and then went to another local board (after he was banned) and started up again. Man, I hope that crazy guy never finds a gun. Really got wierd for awhile.

John

This response is pretty much verification of just what I said. Adn, if you actually look at this board and the various posts, you would pretty easily see that I have never been on a "high horse." I use this forum to obtain and provide facts and opinions. As far as your statement of "starting something that I can't finish," that is about a juvenile a statement as I have heard in a while. Reminds me of something off of an elementary school playground. I just don't feel the need to call names and throw out threats. Not a good use of time. I would really appreciate it if any future responses be more adult to adult. I really do enjoy strong arguements, but only if we can eventually agree on the facts, and are just trying to figure out what they mean. Forums like this are much more productive if we don't assume that the other guy is a jerk if they don't like or agree with what we say. I think that what you feel are immediate insults resulting from your posts is really frustration from many persons saying the same things over and over, in a way that readers feel is demeaning to the fans of the shelby.

Facts that you bring up are for the most part very accurate, and I am always interested in people's opinions. I think that time will tell what this shelby is capable of in good hands and with some minor work. Since I am getting one, I obviously hope that it is capable of holding its own against all reasonable competition. I have never been a fan of the corvette, and I really don't give a darn whether it is faster or not, it is just a car that I don't want, and that has nothing to do with cost. This is a musclecar, and that brings some good things and some bad things. Bad things are weight and handling, good things (to me) are looks, comfort and power. Within its range of what I view as competition, this may be the best thing that has ever been out there. But that is a view from where I sit and what I am after. Because of the traction issue, I think that the average shelby driver is going to struggle to keep up with many of the performance cars on the road, but really, those guys probably shouldn't get this car in the first place. Anyway, this has gotten rambling, but honestly, please try to understand that when you are on a shelby site and bring up all the negatives of this car, there should be no surprise on your part when some folks react to that. When you start a flaming war with those who do react, it is easy to believe that you came here looking for a fight. Prove me wrong.

John

Amen, John.........It really gets boring to read over the same petty comments made by people who obviously have had their feelings hurt by anothers comments! :party:

John

Your response is much more civil in tone than your last post. And, you'll find I can respond accordingly when I am not attacked for no reason other than my pointing out a comparison test that was negative to the GT500. You were very quick to point out my remarks and not the remarks of the person who instigated it. Prey tell kind sir, why should anyone overreact at all? People have a right to their opinion. And, may I remind you, I started the thread. If someone disagrees with my comments, don't call me a troll, either respond like an adult (as you would like), or don't comment at all. I congratulate you on your purchase of the Shelby. I certainly hope it is everything you hoped it to be. In my case, my mind is not made up whether to purchase one. In any event, I will not pay any exorbitant ADM. To me, that is foolish, but I can understand those willing to to do. And, as I have tried to point out in between flame bombs being hurled at me, the C&D article did not help me make up my mind.

You act like you don't remember Uncle Earl. He sure remembers you. And as we all sit around the trailer, he tells us all about you - especially how you're much smaller than you sound on the internet, and how you liked hanging around him a lot more than you liked hanging around my sister - at least until he peed in your Eyetalian shoes.

Well, I gotta go now. I'm missing out on Uncle Earl's stories about you. Bye.

Hey wanker, tell us the truth, does your family tree have more than one branch? I understand your problem now, it's called "inbreeding". Seriously, you fudgepacker, what's it like having a mother who is also your sister?

Uncle Earl is starting to provide some awful visions; can't we start talking about his good looking daughters or at least have him tell a joke or 2? :D

But I tell you, this is nothing compared to a local mustang club's forum. The other night, a guy that is obviously not well liked anyway, started bragging about winning a race with another mustang that was not even close to his class. Was also his opponent's first time at a real drag strip. Forum members then started busting his chops. By the time it was over, he threated everyone on the forum with death and dismemberment, and then went to another local board (after he was banned) and started up again. Man, I hope that crazy guy never finds a gun. Really got wierd for awhile.

John

I agree with you on that. Lawdud seems a wee bit too preoccupied with his uncle earl. Kinda creepy, man. Maybe he belongs in another type of forum, if you know what I mean (not that there is anything wrong with that). Anyway, I hear you about the guy who went ballistic on the other board. Another nutcase, it seems. In this case, I talk to lawdud as though he is merely a 5th grader, which I understand is a grade he had to repeat at least twice, notwithstanding the fact that he was the first one in his family to complete it.

Hey wanker, tell us the truth, does your family tree have more than one branch? I understand your problem now, it's called "inbreeding". Seriously, you fudgepacker, what's it like having a mother who is also your sister?

Haha, you so funny. But be careful, you might use up all your one-liners all at once. Then all you'll have left is your memories with Uncle Earl. Oh, and by the way, Uncle Earl said when he mentioned that you were much smaller in person, he meant all over. :)

Before I say "bye for now" I'll just remind you to use your Google tool bar to find some sites with some more one-liners. Believe me, I sympathize with you for not having an original thought in your brain - I didn't have one either until I graduated the sixth grade.

Oh, how are your Eyetalian shoes?

Well, bye for now. Have a nice day.

Haha, you so funny. But be careful, you might use up all your one-liners all at once. Then all you'll have left is your memories with Uncle Earl. Oh, and by the way, Uncle Earl said when he mentioned that you were much smaller in person, he meant all over. :)

Before I say "bye for now" I'll just remind you to use your Google tool bar to find some sites with some more one-liners. Believe me, I sympathize with you for not having an original thought in your brain - I didn't have one either until I graduated the sixth grade.

Oh, how are your Eyetalian shoes?

Well, bye for now. Have a nice day.

There he goes again about his uncle. You know, they do have counseling for what you went through, but it seems you enjoyed it, you turd nibbler. Oh yeah, my shoes are fine. And no, you can't tongue polish the "eyetalian" salami, although it seems like a family tradition, where you come from.

"Chow".

There he goes again about his uncle. You know, they do have counseling for what you went through, but it seems you enjoyed it, you turd nibbler. Oh yeah, my shoes are fine. And no, you can't tongue polish the "eyetalian" salami, although it seems like a family tradition, where you come from.

"Chow".

Your mommy called my mommy and asked if we could keep Uncle Earl at home from now on. She said since your visit with him, you've started back to wetting the bed and doing poopie in your pants.

And hey, I thought Eyetalians knew how to spell "ciao". Oh well, since you mentioned eyetalian salami, maybe you're just hungry for some chow.

Not to take away from the reindeer games here but I did read the C&D article and the C6 did out perform the Shelby. My question is does that really matter since it had to be a pre-production car right to be out already in the mag?

The reason I ask is the Steeda Q 525:

2006 Steeda Q 525, the top of the line Steeda Q. Equipped with the new Magna Charger 5th Generation MP112 hybrid roots style supercharger, the Q 525 puts out over 500 horsepower with a very impressive 530 ft.lbs torque. Steeda engineers, working closely with Magnuson Products created a unique intercooled system for 525. As he has in the past, SCT Vice President, Chris Johnson, working with the Steeda engineers, applied his considerable talents to create a specific tune for the Q 525. The results speak for themselves. Steeda President Dario Orlando selected Evan Smith, Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Technical Editor and NHRA Super Stock competitor to handle the driving duties. Equipped with B F Goodrich drag radials with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar high performance tires up front, Smith turned a fantastic time of 11.73 @ 117 mph.

This set up sounds a lot like a Shelby but the times are pretty damn impressive for a ride that drove itself to the track. Here is the article if interested: http://www.steeda.com/news/steeda_news/03-...a_media_day.php

...you took the words right out of my mouth! I bought a brand new 1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 (5-spd manual) notchback and it weighed around 3175 pounds. Well, 13 years later and about 900 pounds more, the GT500 now weighs about 4000 pounds and the weight distribution really sucks. And this thing is suppose to challenge the ZO6? Pleaseeeee!!! It can't even hang with a regular vette. Sorry folks, the truth hurts but you and I both know that this car would be "road kill" and "hamburger meat" on a road course. :titanic: What is the point of making 1,000 horsepower if your car now weighs 10,000 pounds? :finger: What really cracks me up is that people are paying $10K over sticker. For this? :hysterical2: Thanks but no thanks.

I like the styling and I might consider buying one if I got a damn good deal! However, I'll gladly wait to see the offerings from chevrolet and Dodge (Camaro and Challenger). I'm willing to bet that both these cars will have the ZO6 and Viper engines, respectively. Oh, and they will also come with independent suspensions. :rockon:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First, you show me a reputable article where the GT500 beats the 0-60 time of the C6 vette? In C&D, it was only faster in the 50-70 times. Not to flame anybody, but I haven't seen any other articles on this board about the Shelby and vette being tested against each other. The GT500 can barely beat the 03 Cobra. That's a fact. I have a terminator, and I was set to trade for a GT500. Now, I'm not sure. You can get a C6 with a Z51 sport package for a few grand more than the official MSRP of the Shelby. And, the vette will still win the redlight drag race. Hey, don't hate the messenger.

I'll gladly wait to see the offerings from chevrolet and Dodge (Camaro and Challenger). I'm willing to bet that both these cars will have the ZO6 and Viper engines, respectively.

I'm all about Chevy and Dodge getting back in the game....

But they won't have those engines. Never. They're too expensive to put in those cars.

Chrysler has already said over and over it is putting a Hemi in the car.

Chevy has stated that the base Corvette motor would be the most viable option.

Don't get me wrong, it would be sweet.

But $$$ is why the GT500 doesn't use the same exact motor as the Ford GT.

I'll take your bet though if you're still up for it. :yup:

I'm all about Chevy and Dodge getting back in the game....

But they won't have those engines. Never. They're too expensive to put in those cars.

Chrysler has already said over and over it is putting a Hemi in the car.

Chevy has stated that the base Corvette motor would be the most viable option.

Don't get me wrong, it would be sweet.

But $$$ is why the GT500 doesn't use the same exact motor as the Ford GT.

I'll take your bet though if you're still up for it. :yup:

Holly Batfart, Batman

Count me in - I will take the bet as well.

Do you think that Chevy would build a Camaro, Z28 that would outperform their Vette's. Pull your head out of your A@#, Even if Chevy builds a Z28 Model it will not come close to their base model Vette - This is Chevy's bread and butter, think about what you are saying.

Same goes for Dodge - As if they would build a Challenger that would take on a Viper head to head.

You should really move on to the Chevy or Dodge site - Is this not Stangs Unleashed?

Sorry - Cant be nice when your this ignorant & naive.

Holly Batfart, Batman

Do you think that Chevy would build a Camaro, Z28 that would outperform their Vette's. Pull your head out of your A@#...

...You should really move on to the Chevy or Dodge site - Is this not Stangs Unleashed?

Who, me or the guy above me?

I think I'm saying what you're saying. :gang:

Who, me or the guy above me?

I think I'm saying what you're saying. :gang:

Not you Chinpono. I am with you on the bet.

I was being critical against Batmans comments about him/her thinking Z06 and Viper motors will come factory in the Challanger and Camaro

Not you Chinpono. I am with you on the bet.

I was being critical against Batmans comments about him/her thinking Z06 and Viper motors will come factory in the Challanger and Camaro

Ahh yes... that ridiculous comment.

The one that pretty much throws out all the history of the Challenger while simultaneously replacing the meaty powerband that Camaros are known for with one that puts out peak output at 6200 rpm and redlines at 7000... :doh:

Yeah, they're both gonna do that to their prized muscle cars. :hysterical:

...It really would be nice if there was an age limit for people posting or replying to threads. It simply amazes me that people or individuals have to resort to cursing or vulgar language when someone has a difference of opinion. "Holly Batfart"... "Pull my head out of my ass"... Is that the best you can do??? Shame on you! Didn't your parents train you when you were a child? Oh, maybe you're still a child. I'll bet you wouldn't have the guts to tell me what you just said in person, if we ran into each other on the street. But on here, you can act tough because you can hide behind your parents computer. Can' t you debate or argue like an adult? Have you heard of the term "constructive criticism"? You probably haven't because you are still growing up. I hope this is the case, because if you're an adult, you really do need help.

I said what I said, and I stand by what I said. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. If you disagree with what I said, fine. State your facts like an adult. I don't have to agree with you, and you don't have to agree with me. You have your reasons and I have my reasons. If you want to pay $5K to $10K over MSRP, go for it. I respect your decision. More power to you. There is a Ford dealership down the street over here, that will gladly give you a $10K Prostate examination for the GT500, and a $70K exam for the Ford GT. In my book, I call that rape and getting screwed! Nothing you say is going to change my mind, and I'm not here to change yours either. As a matter of fact I don't want to. If you don't have anything better to say, just go away and learn some manners.

Holly Batfart, Batman

Do you think that Chevy would build a Camaro, Z28 that would outperform their Vette's. Pull your head out of your A@#, Even if Chevy builds a Z28 Model it will not come close to their base model Vette - This is Chevy's bread and butter, think about what you are saying.

Same goes for Dodge - As if they would build a Challenger that would take on a Viper head to head.

You should really move on to the Chevy or Dodge site - Is this not Stangs Unleashed?

...you took the words right out of my mouth! I bought a brand new 1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 (5-spd manual) notchback and it weighed around 3175 pounds. Well, 13 years later and about 900 pounds more, the GT500 now weighs about 4000 pounds and the weight distribution really sucks. And this thing is suppose to challenge the ZO6? Pleaseeeee!!! It can't even hang with a regular vette. Sorry folks, the truth hurts but you and I both know that this car would be "road kill" and "hamburger meat" on a road course. :titanic: What is the point of making 1,000 horsepower if your car now weighs 10,000 pounds? :finger: What really cracks me up is that people are paying $10K over sticker. For this? :hysterical2: Thanks but no thanks.

I like the styling and I might consider buying one if I got a damn good deal! However, I'll gladly wait to see the offerings from chevrolet and Dodge (Camaro and Challenger). I'm willing to bet that both these cars will have the ZO6 and Viper engines, respectively. Oh, and they will also come with independent suspensions. :rockon:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some people refuse to see whats right in front of thier face :wacko: All the mags including those that cant pull the 1/4 mile times have said it handles very well. Will it outhandle a vette stock? Of course not but its not a damn sports car! Have a clue! I dont know what planet you came from, Chevy has never alowed the Camaro to be faster than a base vette and for good reason. Count me in on that bet too

I agree that they won't out do the vette/viper, but maybe some mods with the same base and a lotof upside like Shelby is to GT? In any case I am not worried about them - THe Shelby has a 1-2 yr. headstart so mods wil be better and the car will be upgraded again as time goes by. My question is why are the GT times so much slower than the times of a car with similar power. I don't know the weight of the Q but figurethe drive, track conditions, tires and maybe gearing have something to do with it. If the truth is this car can run 12.2's stock that's pretty damn impressive. No it won't out handle a vette,but I like the straight line power. I don't drove on a road track enough to worry aboutthat so give me the balls and I'm happy. Handling is a nice to have but not a must for me.

I agree that they won't out do the vette/viper, but maybe some mods with the same base and a lotof upside like Shelby is to GT? In any case I am not worried about them - THe Shelby has a 1-2 yr. headstart so mods wil be better and the car will be upgraded again as time goes by. My question is why are the GT times so much slower than the times of a car with similar power. I don't know the weight of the Q but figurethe drive, track conditions, tires and maybe gearing have something to do with it. If the truth is this car can run 12.2's stock that's pretty damn impressive. No it won't out handle a vette,but I like the straight line power. I don't drove on a road track enough to worry aboutthat so give me the balls and I'm happy. Handling is a nice to have but not a must for me.

Easy, gears and drag radials

Whoah, whose times are you quoting for that Z06?

Google Search For 1/4 Mile Times of 2006 Z06

Even Car&Driver got an 11.7 at 125.

Every time I've seen for it leads me to believe they'll pull 11.70's all day and rip off an 11.50 with the right driver. Every stock Z06 I've seen at the track has run mid to high 11's.

I'd wager a months pay that the GT500 will pull low 12's if not 12 flats with only a decent tire and NO tuning.

12 flat with Mickeys.

Sorry, but I highly doubt it. You guys with your 11 second 1/4s etc. are like golf handicappers in the office. I always hear the excuses when their golf scores aren't what they were so fond of yacking about.

Sorry, but 4,000 lbs with a good bit of wheel spin does not equal much below a 13 second quarter. In fact, Automobile got a 13.1. I am sure if you tune the engine, boost the psi on the blower or run slicks, you will see an improvement, but that isn't exactly a stock car now is it or something 99% of the public wants to do. Finally, you don't think Ford buffs up the mules as well as it can. If not, then I have a bridge to sell you. I'll find one near where you live.

Sorry, but I highly doubt it. You guys with your 11 second 1/4s etc. are like golf handicappers in the office. I always hear the excuses when their golf scores aren't what they were so fond of yacking about.

Sorry, but 4,000 lbs with a good bit of wheel spin does not equal much below a 13 second quarter. In fact, Automobile got a 13.1. I am sure if you tune the engine, boost the psi on the blower or run slicks, you will see an improvement, but that isn't exactly a stock car now is it or something 99% of the public wants to do. Finally, you don't think Ford buffs up the mules as well as it can. If not, then I have a bridge to sell you. I'll find one near where you live.

Man that bridge joke is just so funny. Good one.

Let me get this clear...

You refuse to go to the track and see what all Z06's run, right?

Is it our problem that you're too lazy to find the facts for yourself before you start making claims?

Have you even driven a Z06?

Do you honestly refuse to believe that a well documented 12.2 quarter mile run in a GT500 is true?

Not to be rude, but you've just called all well documented facts lies.

So, obviously you either know not much about drag strips when you make a claim like "Sorry, but 4,000 lbs with a good bit of wheel spin does not equal much below a 13 second quarter."

Or it is perfectly clear that you've never even watched a single drag racing event from the 70's, when tire spin was all you got and 3900 lbs was just another family sedan.

IT'S 500 FREAKIN' HORSEPOWER!

So which bridge is that again?

Archived