TEAM SHELBY FORUM

C6 beats the GT500 in C&D's comparison test

Abn

I agree - Anybody that is taking this C&D Testing serious is just trying to push your buttons.

Think about it - The test is totally flawed and bias.

The car they used was pre production - That tells the whole story.

C&D says that the last Cobra is a quicker car - I call Bullshit on this - Ford has been pumping this car as the Fastest & Most Powerful Factory Mustang EVER ! You think that thye are not going to delivery on this.

Read the Hot Rod review, make yourself feel better.

Amen Brother!....This car has all kinds of pontential that hasn't been tapped yet. Even stock testing has revealed 12.2 and 12.3 times at 117mph......... and 4.3 ....0to60. Depending on whose driving and such things as tires, etc. :car: :speedie:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to at least be fair at what the actual sticker will be if you're going to make a comparison.

The CHEAPEST sticker you will see on a Shelby is 40,930+1300 (gas guzzler)+745 Dest., which equals $42975. That is only $1500 cheaper than the 1LT 'Vette's sticker. The GT500 is priced in dangerous territory. It's just BEGGING to be compared to cars that are in a different class but are overall better performers.

Yes, but when will you see that actual cheapest sticker on a Shelby? Maybe in late 07 or early 08? Right now, the ridiculous ADM, even if just 5k over MSRP will send many potential customers to look at other options. And, you are so correct that the current pricing is allowing comparisons to better performing cars.

You need to at least be fair at what the actual sticker will be if you're going to make a comparison.

The CHEAPEST sticker you will see on a Shelby is 40,930+1300 (gas guzzler)+745 Dest., which equals $42975. That is only $1500 cheaper than the 1LT 'Vette's sticker. The GT500 is priced in dangerous territory. It's just BEGGING to be compared to cars that are in a different class but are overall better performers.

Just to be clear, I didn't add any destination or any taxes to the msrp of the Vette or the GT500.

All number were true msrp.

And the msrp for the cheapest convetible Corvette is $52,190, and the most expensive is $55,585. Both #'s before tax and dest.

Can we only compare the coupes due to this?

The Plastic Fantastic is kind of a weekend toy, or a second-car compared to this fully steel vehicle.

Here's a twisted question to ask yourself before looking too much at a car...

Which car would you want your significant other to be sitting shotgun in when you get hit by some drunkard in a pickup? Sure it's a horrible thought, but it's why a Lotus Elise cannot be an everyday car. The GT500 is truly an everyday car, one that won't ride 3 inches from the curb and three inches from the double yellow at the same time. You can putts around in the most crowded of towns and not worry about manuevering or getting high-sided on a parking lot entrance. Don't get me wrong, I like Vettes and I love the Z06, but anyone who buys a regular Vette wants just that.

What the TROLL is forgetting to mention is the Car & Driver test was done with a CONVERTIBLE it also had none PRODUCTION tires that were SMALLER than production. THey list the tires in mag correct but the car they had had a smaller tire

The TROLL also mentioned the GTO which really shows his lack of knowledge. hey troll, did you read where the GT500 is over 2.5 seconds faster 0-100?

How about a pic of your TERMINATOR? Remember TROLLS do not have the cars they claim. Question: how are you going to go trolling if your boat sunk?

Broeli, How many 1LT vettes do you see? Do you know what my local dealer said about a VETTE?

Said he will not keep them in stock as they are stockpiled in about any color or option package avail & he can get one in just a few days wait. He had ZERO NEW vettes in stock

You have got to be the stupidest moron on this board as well as a first class poser. Where do you see convertible? And, "none production tires"? Didn't you even get your GED? I bet you are a wannabe that drives a ten-year old V-6 stang. Dud is certainly a correct name for you.

Yes, but when will you see that actual cheapest sticker on a Shelby? Maybe in late 07 or early 08? Right now, the ridiculous ADM, even if just 5k over MSRP will send many potential customers to look at other options. And, you are so correct that the current pricing is allowing comparisons to better performing cars.

Oh and from what I've gathered, I'd say 10-20% of all GT500's ordered so far have been at or really close to MSRP. It's a low % rate but we know it's do-able.

Amen Brother!....This car has all kinds of pontential that hasn't been tapped yet. Even stock testing has revealed 12.2 and 12.3 times at 117mph......... and 4.3 ....0to60. Depending on whose driving and such things as tires, etc. :car: :speedie:

And those times are only up until now.

Keep in mind we didn't see the Z06's true potential until the second or third go-around from every magazine and tester out there.

Just to be clear, I didn't add any destination or any taxes to the msrp of the Vette or the GT500.

And the msrp for the cheapest convetible Corvette is $52,190, and the most expensive is $55,585. Both #'s before tax and dest. Can we can only compare the coupes due to this?

The Plastic Fantastic is kind of a weekend toy, or a second-car compared to this fully steel vehicle.

Here's a twisted question to ask yourself before looking too much at a car...

Which car would you want your significant other to be sitting shotgun in when you get hit by some drunkard in a pickup? Sure it's a horrible thought, but it's why a Lotus Elise cannot be an everyday car. The GT500 is truly an everyday car, one that won't ride 3 inches from the curb and three inches from the double yellow at the same time. You can putts around in the most crowded of towns and not worry about manuevering or getting high-sided on a parking lot entrance. Don't get me wrong, I like Vettes and I love the Z06, but anyone who buys a regular Vette wants just that.

Good points on the safety factor, but consider that most insurance rates are lower for vettes than most hi-performance mustangs. Fact is, they are involved in less accidents than mustangs. Of course, we know that most vette owners/drivers are older and more affluent than the people who crackup their mustangs. Likewise, most GT500 owners/drivers will be older and more affluent than most mustang drivers who cause the high rates.

Oh and from what I've gathered, I'd say 10-20% of all GT500's ordered so far have been at or really close to MSRP. It's a low % rate but we know it's do-able.

And those times are only up until now.

Keep in mind we didn't see the Z06's true potential until the second or third go-around from every magazine and tester out there.

It may be do-able to buy one at sticker, if you are a loyal customer that has great report with the dealer.

What other incentive would a dealer have to sell a GT500 at MSRP. Do you really think they will be selling for MSRP in 08? Most 07's are spoken for already. What % of the dealers do you think are just keeping one for themselves. :bandance: Good Luck :party:

Trust me..I agree 100%. In reality the C6 Vette is cheaper than a GT500 right now. You can buy them for WELL UNDER msrp. Some people are getting the GT500's for msrp though...so to be fair I'd only compare cars that are similar in msrp and are aimed towards the same type of driving. Everyone can go on and on about the GT500 being in a different class than some of the better overall performers but the way I look at it they are all performance cars, correct? Is the GT500 not built with performance in mind? Ford gave it 500hp, Brembo front brakes, upgraded suspension, etc. ...so why shouldn't it be compared to another companies "performance car" that is in a similar price range?

I understand some need a backseat, but many people will use these as weekend toys, and occassional drivers where a back seat isn't a total necessity. I myself have a wife and two kids but I can tell you right now that I'm cross shopping everything from the Elise, Vette, Shelby, Saleen, M3, S4, Evo X, etc...in search of getting the most for my money. I will also spend a good amount of time racing on road courses and autox so overall performance is a priorty. For the most part I could care less what company makes it, if it has 4 doors, a back seat, etc. Most people that buy the Shelby or other cars like it likely have other cars for daily driving and hauling the family.

Umm no they weren't the true msrp's :)

The Vette price you gave included destination charges. Just to be sure I went to Edmunds and checked..sure enough your Vette price was what the actual sticker would be on a Vette WITH dest. The actual sticker on a Shelby will also have the gas guzzler and dest. added in. THAT is the true price.

Taxes are never on the window sticker.

It may be do-able to buy one at sticker, if you are a loyal customer that has great report with the dealer.

What other incentive would a dealer have to sell a GT500 at MSRP. Do you really think they will be selling for MSRP in 08? Most 07's are spoken for already. What % of the dealers do you think are just keeping one for themselves. :bandance: Good Luck :party:

Huh, good point about keeping one for themselves. Dealers today are selling their cherries from the late 60's and early 70's just because of what the market is currently demanding. However, being that 9,000 are slated to be made this year alone though, that might not be such a good investment.

I'm thinking about dealerships in the rust-belt, or even more north of there that would be prone to giving you one at or close to MSRP. I've heard rumors of people on this board living in Cali having to do that because of all the horrible California dealers markups. I would be surprised if you still couldn't find some dealer in middle america that could have one delivered in the next 5 or 6 mo.

Huh, good point about keeping one for themselves. Dealers today are selling their cherries from the late 60's and early 70's just because of what the market is currently demanding. However, being that 9,000 are slated to be made this year alone though, that might not be such a good investment.

I'm thinking about dealerships in the rust-belt, or even more north of there that would be prone to giving you one at or close to MSRP. I've heard rumors of people on this board living in Cali having to do that because of all the horrible California dealers markups. I would be surprised if you still couldn't find some dealer in middle america that could have one delivered in the next 5 or 6 mo.

Take 9000 GT500s minus at least 500 going out of country..... leaves 8500. Lets just say approx. 4000 dealers in the US. that figures out to just 2.15 cars per dealer.

Or look at it this way 50 states 8500 cars equates to just 170 cars per states on average...That means you won't see a Shelby GT500 coming at you on the road very often. :happy feet: :party::cheerleader: :bandance:

The Vette price you gave included destination charges. Just to be sure I went to Edmunds and checked..sure enough your Vette price was what the actual sticker would be on a Vette WITH dest. The actual sticker on a Shelby will also have the gas guzzler and dest. added in. THAT is the true price.

Good call on that... I didn't catch on that GM doesn't tell you what dest. is when you price it out, and instead rolls it into the cost.

Now to go on to your next statement...

Drive each of those cars or find out exactly what type of racing you want to do.

-------My opinion------

Auto-X: Elise and Evo-X are the only real options on that list. The tighter the course the better the Evo.

Big Road Course: Vette, Shelby, Saleen or M3(with mods) are you're only choices if it's a high speed track.

Tight Road Course: Elise, Evo-X. Possibly the Saleen and Vette if it's not too tight.

Drag-Strip: Evo-X (cheap&quick but easy to break) or Shelby (most potential and beefiest drivetrain)

Rallying: STI is your only hope, as it would literally destroy an Evo-X unless it was modified.

I owned a 2600lb. awd Subaru for 6 years that I tracked.

Trust me when I say this one thing, a subaru has a more nuetral feel than an Evo.

But an evo comes with better steering feel, especially stock for stock.

However you'll never be able to flick an Evo like a Subaru. They don't rotate on their axis as well, and it all has to do with the drivetrain.

Take 9000 GT500s minus at least 500 going out of country..... leaves 8500. Lets just say approx. 4000 dealers in the US. that figures out to just 2.15 cars per dealer.

Or look at it this way 50 states 8500 cars equates to just 170 cars per states on average...That means you won't see a Shelby GT500 coming at you on the road very often. :happy feet: :party::cheerleader: :bandance:

Hah. Good call with the math.

Obviously it varies greatly from state to state. Rhode Island won't get 170.

Oh, here in Mi., we already see them on occasion. Test Mules been out for months.

I've seen five already and they're not even out yet.

Hopefully there will always be one cruising woodward, the way it should be.

I love classic vettes and Shelbys. I just sold a 1967 Big Block Vette in Feb. I want a GT500 because they have 4 seats and look awesome and run great.

That said, get real. This car WILL NOT run low 12's without more tires and some pretty serious tuning. It weighs 4,000 lbs for god's sake. The Z06 is nearly 900 lb lighter, bigger tires and more HP and it runs 12 flat.

Love the GT500, but don't be delusional.

Trust me when I say this one thing, a subaru has a more nuetral feel than an Evo.

But an evo comes with better steering feel, especially stock for stock.

However you'll never be able to flick an Evo like a Subaru. They don't rotate on their axis as well, and it all has to do with the drivetrain.

I can't say I agree. I've ran the Evo, Sti, Elise, and Z06 on a roadcourse and autox. The Evo nd the Elise are definitely the most "flickable" :) The '05 and up Evo's also have acd like the Sti's which can put more power to the rear wheels for easy rotation...BUT an '03/04 Evo with a bigger rear swaybar set on the top setting oversteers like crazy..talk about rotation! I was getting more rotation than I wanted, even with Hoosiers, and had to put ithe swaybar back to meduim (middle) setting.

I agree with most of your other points though on which car would be best at certain types of racing..in general. Although, the 'Vette is VERY capable on the autox course, as is the M3. The Vettes and M3's are one of the best autox cars for their class....with many national championships.

And of course all these generalizations can easily go out the window. The Evo or Elise can be a huge threat on a wide open road course...look at the AMS or Buschur Time Attack Evo's that are high hp, stripped, dedicated track cars..

There are still alot of unknowns on the actual Evo X that's due out next year though. We know how it is basically going to look and that it is going to be the best handling/braking Evo yet....we also know it will have more power but that's about it...all for under $40k.

Some of the cars have more overall capabilty for less money.

Trust me..I agree 100%. In reality the C6 Vette is cheaper than a GT500 right now. You can buy them for WELL UNDER msrp. Some people are getting the GT500's for msrp though...so to be fair I'd only compare cars that are similar in msrp and are aimed towards the same type of driving. Everyone can go on and on about the GT500 being in a different class than some of the better overall performers but the way I look at it they are all performance cars, correct? Is the GT500 not built with performance in mind? Ford gave it 500hp, Brembo front brakes, upgraded suspension, etc. ...so why shouldn't it be compared to another companies "performance car" that is in a similar price range?

I understand some need a backseat, but many people will use these as weekend toys, and occassional drivers where a back seat isn't a total necessity. I myself have a wife and two kids but I can tell you right now that I'm cross shopping everything from the Elise, Vette, Shelby, Saleen, M3, S4, Evo X, etc...in search of getting the most for my money. I will also spend a good amount of time racing on road courses and autox so overall performance is a priorty. For the most part I could care less what company makes it, if it has 4 doors, a back seat, etc. Most people that buy the Shelby or other cars like it likely have other cars for daily driving and hauling the family.

I believe we are on common ground here. The Shelby is being touted as the "be all, end all" by Ford. And, many are buying this hook, line and sinker, especially the posers (you know who you are) who will never get closer to one other than the pictures on this board or at the car show. It needs 500 hp and Brembo brakes just to get its nearly 2-tons up to speed and then slow it down. They could put 700 hp in that thing and then it will weigh as much as an expedition, and it still won't beat a comparably priced vette. Blame ford and its dealers for sticking it to the faithful. At least when I bought my 390 hp Cobra for under sticker, I had a true bang for your buck car that could beat a 350 hp vette. Now, a 500 hp Shelby is getting beat by a 400 hp vette. Go figure. Either Ford increases the performance to match the price, or the price has to drop. And I'm tired of this "where can you get a 500 hp car for that price?" Hell, if it can't beat most of the cars in its price range, what good is it?

I believe we are on common ground here. The Shelby is being touted as the "be all, end all" by Ford. And, many are buying this hook, line and sinker, especially the posers (you know who you are) who will never get closer to one other than the pictures on this board or at the car show. It needs 500 hp and Brembo brakes just to get its nearly 2-tons up to speed and then slow it down. They could put 700 hp in that thing and then it will weigh as much as an expedition, and it still won't beat a comparably priced vette. Blame ford and its dealers for sticking it to the faithful. At least when I bought my 390 hp Cobra for under sticker, I had a true bang for your buck car that could beat a 350 hp vette. Now, a 500 hp Shelby is getting beat by a 400 hp vette. Go figure. Either Ford increases the performance to match the price, or the price has to drop. And I'm tired of this "where can you get a 500 hp car for that price?" Hell, if it can't beat most of the cars in its price range, what good is it?

I've always been a Ford person and I agree. I could care less about 500hp. Just give us a Mustang that is a good overall package....

I can't say I agree. I've ran the Evo, Sti, Elise, and Z06 on a roadcourse and autox. The Evo nd the Elise are definitely the most "flickable" :) The '05 and up Evo's also have acd like the Sti's which can put more power to the rear wheels for easy rotation...BUT an '03/04 Evo with a bigger rear swaybar set on the top setting oversteers like crazy..talk about rotation! I was getting more rotation than I wanted, even with Hoosiers, and had to put ithe swaybar back to meduim (middle) setting.

I agree with most of your other points though on which car would be best at certain types of racing..in general. Although, the 'Vette is VERY capable on the autox course, as is the M3. The Vettes and M3's are one of the best autox cars for their class....with many national championships.

And of course all these generalizations can easily go out the window. The Evo or Elise can be a huge threat on a wide open road course...look at the AMS or Buschur Time Attack Evo's that are high hp, stripped, dedicated track cars..

There are still alot of unknowns on the actual Evo X that's due out next year though. We know how it is basically going to look and that it is going to be the best handling/braking Evo yet....we also know it will have more power but that's about it...all for under $40k.

Some of the cars have more overall capabilty for less money.

I can't say I agree with you about the STI vs. EVO. While the EVO's electornic differential and Automatic Yaw Control are marvelous technical features, on a true race car those need to be re-tuned to such accuracies that in almost every situation an aftermarket differential with full mechanical control is the better choice for all out speed. Don't get me wrong, the electronic units can be great, as proven in WRC, however if you watch any short track racing from japan, they have most all been thrown out for Cusco diffs. or something of that caliber. Any car can be made to oversteer with too much rear sway-bar(and/or unbolting the front), it is balancing the over/understeer that is the difficult part, and the part where the suspension geometry and mounting points that are in place from the factory play the biggest role.

And while I agree 100% that the Elise and EVO can be made to be screamers, the new EVO-X loses it's strongest feature which was the iron block 4G63 engine in favor of a lighter weight aluminum unit. As any EVO tuner can attest, the 4G63 was easily one of the most tunable engines in the aftermarket, not to mention easily capable of putting out well over 800 hp on pump gas with the proper setup.

Also, any one from a country that has recieved the EVO since the EVO1 came out can attest that the cars have gotten worse in handling capabilities as the models have progressed. Most of this was due to the excess weight the car has recieved over the years, however the car's have also gotten bigger and power has rose as well. This is the generally thought to be true for all: EVO's, Skylines's, Impreza's, Silvia, Supra's, and Celica's. Stock for Stock the new one's are far better. But equally modded setups would all see the older generations trouncing the new guys.

If you're able to run in a class where you can completely strip a car and modify to whatever level you feel comfortable in, I'd suggest that you look into older generation EVO's and Imprezas. If it's not gonna be a street car, then those are by far the fastest, best handling and cheapest to obtain. It's the parts that are difficult to obtain due to the fact that the older cars were never sold here. Luckily for you, most of the newer Impreza and EVO drivetrain parts can be retrofitted into older, more capable chassis. Oh, if you do this, you must realize these older cars all flex more unless you put a cage in them... and make them into proper race cars.

Oh, and I agree that the 'Vette and M3 are both capable cars on an Auto-X course while running in their class. It's just there is more to be had by other cars on an Auto-X course. Same reason why I didn't mention the 'Vette for drag racing.

The Troll must have gotten kicked off his bridge or his high horse.

My Shelby order has been pulled & is in bank should have VIN shortly. How about yours?

How about a pic of that Cobra you have?

How about showing us a dyno sheet for your cobra that made maybe what 350hp at the wheels? The new Shelby makes 460-480 @ the wheels. Now lets take a look hmmm another 120+hp and only 200lbs more.

think you should go back to school for your d u m b certificate.

If brains were dynamite you would not have enough to blow your nose!

Get back on that skateboard and go home to your mommy. :fan::fan::fan::fan: :happy feet:

Did you read about the C & D driver who crashed a new 599 Ferrari? Some pretty talented folks at that magazine. I wonder why Ford let the M T guy drive a Shelby across country but the C & D driver was left with a de-tuned Yugo with training wheels.. I also heard from good source another magazine editor told the C & D driver that the new Shelby is one engine he could never blow up..... The C& D driver was last seen getting put into an ambulance as he burned his lips on the Shelby tail pipe trying to blow it up. Some sharp cookies at C & D. I heard there was a TROLL from the vette site who was loaded in another ambulance for trying the same thing. No photos at time to support but..... do have ambulance report if you would like

Pretty pathetic temper tantrum, you poser. You and lawdud sound an awful lot alike. Didn't thing you knew how to register under two different names. Do your parents know you are using their computer? Shouldn't you be cleaning up your room, or something?

You might have a difficult time finding a lot about Time Attack cars in America. Time Attack is relatively new to here, especially compared to a country like Japan where it has been a recognized racing league for years and years.

If you watch the Time Attack races in Japan, it's always EVO model#'s 3' 4' 5's and 6's that are the fastest. With Impreza's it's always been version 2 3 4 5's that are the fastest.

It's a personal preference between the two cars. The EVO is more for sticking to your line and pulling through the quickest apex possible.

The Subarus are more for correcting midway through a turn because your maniacal self through the car in way too hot. That's my experience. I can correct an error so much quicker in a Subaru than in a Mitsu. Sure the EVO will hold it's line better, but it's harder to correct. Sure and Impreza is easier to correct, but an EVO holds it's line better. See where I'm going with this? Preference, and driving style.

ABN, When you have something intelligent to say I will continue.

I am actually cleaning out my garage today to make room for the new Shelby.

When It shows up early July I will post a pic for you. Until then have a great trolling life! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Its the people who cannot afford one or cannot get one that are the ones against it. Not much negative coming from people who are actually getting one is there?

Yeah, you sound really intelligent. Did daddy buy you the car, or are you and mommy splitting it? You probably still live at home with your parents in their basement and pay no rent, right. Probably the only way you could afford one. Now, Go Get Your Shine Box, poser!

"got to have" cat. Vette 24, Cobra 19,

I GOT TO HAVE MY COBRA, :shift:

Everybody's got a Vette....Even alot of girls....whats that tell you!

C & D says

Appropriately, Viagra scored a 53 in the "got to have it" category with the C&D staff. These douchebags get a pre-pro car to play with and do a heads-up with a Vette. THEN, they proceed to talk about how cool it is that with the traction control on the "fly by wire" throttle will allow you to do perfect launches. Fortunately, training wheels weren't an option.

It's just this simple. It's beefy (read: too heavy) and it's nose-down. You're just not gonna hook up in that thing. When you get 116+ traps on it and 1.9 sec 45-65 times, this isn't a power problem, it's a traction problem. It's been cussed and dis-cussed. Can we close this now, or would we like to run a few more pre-pros against addition 2 seat sportscars....or can we leave the GT500 at what it is: A circa-2007 muscle car.

:shift:

bj

Pretty pathetic temper tantrum, you poser. You and lawdud sound an awful lot alike. Didn't thing you knew how to register under two different names. Do your parents know you are using their computer? Shouldn't you be cleaning up your room, or something?

Oh no, I musta made you mad again. My mommy and daddy let me use their computer whenever my room is clean. I keep it clean a lot. That gives me plenty of time to make friends with trolls.

I notice you quit talking about my family. Did Uncle Earl hurt you some? I hope not, but he does that sometimes. :(

Oh no, I musta made you mad again. My mommy and daddy let me use their computer whenever my room is clean. I keep it clean a lot. That gives me plenty of time to make friends with trolls.

I notice you quit talking about my family. Did Uncle Earl hurt you some? I hope not, but he does that sometimes. :(

Yup, I was right, lawdud and twin dweebo boob are one and the same. Pathetic! I guess this is what happens when some parents turn off the parental controls on their computers. Be honest, do you even drive, yet? Now, why don't you go and take a nap while the grownups have a conversation. Come back when you actually can drive down the road without an adult in the passanger seat. Oh, yeah, stop dreaming of the Shelby because you can't afford one and never will. Your entire working life will consist of minimum wage jobs at fast food stands and Walmarts. Remember, you also need money to attend GED prep class, rent your own apartment and keep yourself in cheap wine. Unless you hit the lottery, the only car you can afford will be at least 5 years old with over 60k miles on it. But, hey, there's always this board, the car magazines you keep under your mattress and your never-to-be-fulfilled dreams. Now, shine my italian leather shoes, boy. I just might tip you a few bucks.

Yup, I was right, lawdud and twin dweebo boob are one and the same. Pathetic! I guess this is what happens when some parents turn off the parental controls on their computers. Be honest, do you even drive, yet? Now, why don't you go and take a nap while the grownups have a conversation. Come back when you actually can drive down the road without an adult in the passanger seat. Oh, yeah, stop dreaming of the Shelby because you can't afford one and never will. Your entire working life will consist of minimum wage jobs at fast food stands and Walmarts. Remember, you also need money to attend GED prep class, rent your own apartment and keep yourself in cheap wine. Unless you hit the lottery, the only car you can afford will be at least 5 years old with over 60k miles on it. But, hey, there's always this board, the car magazines you keep under your mattress and your never-to-be-fulfilled dreams. Now, shine my italian leather shoes, boy. I just might tip you a few bucks.

I don't drive yet, but I do take three or four naps a day. I don't work yet, but hope one day to make at least minimum wage. And of course, you're right, one day I hope to be GED class of 2010. I gotta go now. All my relatives are talking about you and I don't want to miss anything. Oh, sorry about uncle Earl peeing on your Eyetalian shoes. Hope they don't squish too much. :)

Bye for now, talk to you later.

I love classic vettes and Shelbys. I just sold a 1967 Big Block Vette in Feb. I want a GT500 because they have 4 seats and look awesome and run great.

That said, get real. This car WILL NOT run low 12's without more tires and some pretty serious tuning. It weighs 4,000 lbs for god's sake. The Z06 is nearly 900 lb lighter, bigger tires and more HP and it runs 12 flat.

Love the GT500, but don't be delusional.

Whoah, whose times are you quoting for that Z06?

Google Search For 1/4 Mile Times of 2006 Z06

Even Car&Driver got an 11.7 at 125.

Every time I've seen for it leads me to believe they'll pull 11.70's all day and rip off an 11.50 with the right driver. Every stock Z06 I've seen at the track has run mid to high 11's.

I'd wager a months pay that the GT500 will pull low 12's if not 12 flats with only a decent tire and NO tuning.

12 flat with Mickeys.

A few mods & this thing will go below 12.0 :shift: (gear change, pullys, chip the computer, springs, tires, different rims, remove the hood vents) & Wha-La.... :car:

You are correct.

This kind of weight brings up the same issue that plagued the upper echelon of Mercedes' AMG line for the past 3 years. All of those cars required drastically better tires to even hope of hooking and that was with a factory tune on all factory parts. Here with the GT500 we have the same issue. Except the GT500 is actually significantly lighter than those German tanks. The only things that the AMG drivers did was an ECU reflash and if needed a pulley change and they were all in the 11's as soon as they slapped on a set of good tires.

Archived