TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone need a project

pottydr

Missing shift knob, badges, air cleaner, the front end damage, and a salvage title could all add up to a theft recovery.

Taking the damaged parts off or having them not in the photo does not help. Taking a closer look, the front radiator support on the drivers side is pretty tweaked along with the driver side front fender near the door on the body line. This is not going to be cheap to fix.

Yeah, i noticed the twisted radiator support also. Removing the parts don't help in telling the story.

The left front fender looks to be damaged where it meets the drivers door. That would mean the door got damaged too.

There's more damage to this car than we can see from the pictures.

Looks like there was only 1 person in the car when it crashed since only the drivers side airbag deployed.

Taking the damaged parts off or having them not in the photo does not help. Taking a closer look, the front radiator support on the drivers side is pretty tweaked along with the driver side front fender near the door on the body line. This is not going to be cheap to fix.

I agree, you don't really know how bad it was. We had a guy in town here that would buy cracked up cars, take the wrecked parts off, he had a frame rack so he would starighten the car out as much as possible and then send it back to the auction. He would always make money on them because it LOOKED like alls it needed was a bumper cover, fender, etc. When in all reality it needed alot more. Moral of the story..........if your going to buy a builder, always buy one that has the wrecked parts on it so you know for sure what your getting!

I wonder if someone attempted to steal it off the dealer's lot or storage lot and wrecked it on the surrounding fence. That would account for the low miles. Once the insurance company wrote it off (obviously the person who bought it new would not accept it), that would give it a salvage title.

couldnt the gauge pod mean its a CA editiion.(cant remember if its SOcal or NOcal, just remember seeing the commerical) with a MI title and a CA edition. might be a damaged in transit car, but that is just a guess. car is built and shipped from SAI and damaged unloading or something like that. Ford would take resposiblity for it. but this is just a guess.

michael morris

It now has a salvage title and will always have a salvage title which takes away alot from the value. Most likely stolen or wouldnt have salvage title.

There are some states that do not have salvage titles, I think Alabama is one. Just title the car in one of those states, then you will have a clean title.

I'm betting the frame is bent. No way that car would get a savage title if it was just sheet metal. Sheet metal wouldn't cost more than 75% of its pre-damage value to fix.

I would have to agree on the bent frame. The car doesn't look that bad for a total.

Sue, I think you're right, I think we should nuke the link so Adam can't look at it anymore. :hysterical2:

Sorry about that there my friend, but I already put a bid on it. Right now I'm the highest bidder. I just couldn't pass it up.

BTW, Dave, great pics in your photobucket.

Oh, and just kiding on the ebay thing. I am done spending money until I pay Tasca to clear coat my Shelby and Tasca signatures.

I was wondering about the MI salvage. The car has an istrument cluster on. It would seem odd that a customer or mod shop car with an instrument cluster would have only 9 miles. But the 9 miles would make sense if it was one of the Northern California limited edition cars. Could something happen in transit? Or, maybe a test drive?

Wow...up to 17K now! damn...I was thinking it was a good deal as a parts car but not for 17K. You do have to wonder what happened to it. I suspect it was a CA special car given it was in the 47XX CSM range maybe Amy can tell us. Then something happened to the car and since it was never bought it was STILL Fords, hence the MI title, and they just sold it off to a local salvage yard. Wish we could find out the story.

I THINK THE SALVAGE TITLE IS FROM FORD IS DOES STATE MI. IT WOULD NOT TAKE ALOT OF COST FORD FORD TO TOTAL REMEMBER THEY BUILD THEM ALOT CHEAPER THAN WE BUY THEM AND ARE INSURED FOR THIS KIND OF THING.

You're right but Ford wouldn't want ANYTHING to do with the car from a liability perspective. I'm sure they would rather write it off than fix it.

Archived