TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st 2008 Grand Am Koni race tomorrow

moabman

i know a couple of the guys that race in that sreies. #37 brett seafuse is from my area.i'd rather watch them than nascar.the whole rolex and grand am series is cool.whatch for more fords in the rolex this year also. :headspin:

The second practice session had a long caution in it but the Mustangs still turned in the top 4 fastest times. :happy feet:

Qualifying is in a couple of hours. Highlights of the race tomorrow will be broadcast on SPEED February 2 @ 8:00 PM EST

Mon de Bleu! How can zis be? Ze Mustang has ze live axle zat iz zo old. :hysterical2:

The second practice session had a long caution in it but the Mustangs still turned in the top 4 fastest times. :happy feet:

Qualifying is in a couple of hours. Highlights of the race tomorrow will be broadcast on SPEED February 2 @ 8:00 PM EST

Mon de Bleu! How can zis be? Ze Mustang has ze live axle zat iz zo old. :hysterical2:

Say it isn't so ! Anyone knows you can't compete these days with a "live axle". :hysterical2:

Fastests Mustangs qualified 4th and 5th; BMW m3 on the pole.

On a different note, in the first Daytona Prototype qualifying session, Ford/Rileys hold the 1st and 2nd positions.

The Mustangs flexed their horsepower muscles again during the final practice session this morning. Times are back down after yesterdays rain slowed qualifying. 3 Mustangs turned in 3 of the top 10 fastest laps. Rehagan Racing, Blackforest Motorsports, and Jim Click Racing all had cars in the top 10. BMW M3s also had 3 cars, Porsche 997s had 2, and the 10th fastest lap was turned in by a Pontiac GTO.

Last practice session before the race

The Race starts at 2:15 EST today (1:15 CST) and you can follow a live scoring at the Koni website:

Grand Am Koni Challange live scoring

Results!! Not bad for live axle cars!!! The 2nd place Mustang actually had a better lap time and speed than the Porsche, so I wonder what went wrong to cause the loss?

1st. 83GS1Traver/ Stanton76BGB Motorsports

Porsche 997

2nd. 55GS2Foster/ Courtney/ Maxwell764.356Hyper Sport

Ford Mustang GT

3rd. 3GS3Scott Turner765.367Blackforest Motorsports

Ford Mustang GT

Archived