TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for Michael Morris

RogerS

Jeff, that is excatly why I posed the question. A dealer on another forum stated "BOMB". Thouht is was odd.

Sorry, just took it at what you wrote and wanted to help. Thought maybe you would have an easier time searching google etc., if you had the right spelling and such.

It's BOM not BOMB

BOM = Build of Materials

Isn't this the so-called "build sheet"? It also has the serial numbers of all the original major components (e.g., engine, trans, rear end) and also safety components (e.g., air bags). It's how they find you when a recall is done. The mfgr goes back through the BOM, linked to the VIN and the sales data links to the owners.

I know that the BOM is available but I don' t know how to get one. A friend of mine got one for his '70 GTO so he knows most of it is "matching numbers".

Isn't this the so-called "build sheet"? It also has the serial numbers of all the original major components (e.g., engine, trans, rear end) and also safety components (e.g., air bags). It's how they find you when a recall is done. The mfgr goes back through the BOM, linked to the VIN and the sales data links to the owners.

I know that the BOM is available but I don' t know how to get one. A friend of mine got one for his '70 GTO so he knows most of it is "matching numbers".

There was a guy once the Blue Oval forums a year or so a go Kudzie or someting that worked in the AAI factory and would email you a PDF of your car's build sheet upon request. He got spanked BIG time by Ford and had to stop. I dont't know of any other way to get a copy. I know dealers can grab stuff out of OASIS, the parts department has access to some cool stuff, but I haven't yet explored what those might be.

Where is Michael?

:waiting:

I had reports for each of my Marauders, and I recall it as an OASIS report called HVBOM.

Mine were 29 to 31 pages long, depending on features. Any dealer parts department can pull it up by VIN, but a lot of the 411 is generic, i.e. "parts used on all similar models". It's helpful to the parts guys when there may have been a mid-production component upgrade on the production line, as it happened with the '03 and '04 Marauders front shock/struts, engine assemblies, radios, ect.

It's a build sheet in the sense that if you have a factory sun/moon roof, it's listed. If you don't, there's no mention of it at all.

Plus, it lists all components that come to the assembly line pre-assembled, such as engine, tranny and rear axle, as one part number. So, if you're expecting to find a ring and pinion, or, axle bearing part number, it's not there. Just the complete axle assembly. But, this is helpful to the parts guys in beginning a search for specific parts. They can pull up that specific assembly number, and find specific parts associated with it.

It was nice to have for the scrapbook, but it wasn't all that useful in maintaining the cars.

If you own a Shelby/SAI production car, it will be less helpful. It will list only the Mustang GT production line components. However, if you wish to know the P/N for the front shock/strut used on the GT 500, it's there.

There was a guy once the Blue Oval forums a year or so a go Kudzie or someting that worked in the AAI factory and would email you a PDF of your car's build sheet upon request. He got spanked BIG time by Ford and had to stop. I dont't know of any other way to get a copy. I know dealers can grab stuff out of OASIS, the parts department has access to some cool stuff, but I haven't yet explored what those might be.

Where is Michael?

:waiting:

The guys name is Kzinti, and yes you still can get this info. Here is what he sent me for my 07 GT

I have the window sticker and final build sheet for my 07 GT...I can't upload the files.

The guys name is Kinzie, and yes you still can get this info. Here is what he sent me for my 07 GT

I have the window sticker and final build sheet for my 07 GT...I can't upload the files.

Thanks for the info. I was able to get build dates etc on the same site. Very helpful group. Ford should not be spanking anyone for obtaining info for current owners. It's a service to the customer who would like to obtain the info and may not have a dealer willing to work with them. Just another way to extend customer service in my opinion. :happy feet:

i just pulled your VIN roger. its called a HVBOM historical vehicle bill of material. i was going to pring it but its REAL long. its looks to be pretty much just a parts list for the car. long block part number, then you can break that down into each seal and nut and bolt. this thing could be 100 pages long and doesnt really look like it give you much useful info.

im sorry im been with shannon falcone helping finish his car.

michael morris

i just pulled your VIN roger. its called a HVBOM historical vehicle bill of material. i was going to pring it but its REAL long. its looks to be pretty much just a parts list for the car. long block part number, then you can break that down into each seal and nut and bolt. this thing could be 100 pages long and doesnt really look like it give you much useful info.

im sorry im been with shannon falcone helping finish his car.

michael morris

Thanks Michael. I'll give you a call. Shannon seems VERY PLEASED WITH HIS CAR! I'm sure it looks great.

Archived