TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 SGT HID Light

Do a search for a thread by Son of GT who did retrofit on his 2007 Shelby GT.

I will have to research that. I do know that several companies. Saleen being one offered HID but a lot of reworking was involved. Since HID wasn't an option till 08 from Ford I was thinking that Ford might have already ready wired the car and that the plug might have been the same. just the light itself being different making it a fairly easy task to swap out.

Thanks for the info I will look it over. If any was has converted and 08 non Hid car to Hid I would be courious as to how difficult it was.

Skip

I used these on my 07 GT.

http://www.stangmods.com/2005-Mustang-Bi-X...Kit-p/00909.htm

I think they will fit on the SGT. I also did the fog lamps with the kit from the same site.

I removed the front fascia & it made the installation a lot easier, but it took about 2 hrs.

An extra set of hands helps, especially with the fascia. They make a big difference at night.

I used these on my 07 GT.

http://www.stangmods.com/2005-Mustang-Bi-X...Kit-p/00909.htm

I think they will fit on the SGT. I also did the fog lamps with the kit from the same site.

I removed the front fascia & it made the installation a lot easier, but it took about 2 hrs.

An extra set of hands helps, especially with the fascia. They make a big difference at night.

Thanks for the reply. I would really like to stick with the Ford OEM package if it is an option to add after the fact with out to much hacking. Maybe someone will be able to figure this out soon.

Skip

Skip,

Speaking with Son of GT his are from the same company who produced the Saleen units. I never did ask him on how involved a process it was though.

I have seen the install instructions on these and they are straight forward but a little more work involved than just switching out assemblies and maybe a harness. I guess I will just have to wait and see if any 08 people try to retofit on their cars that did not originally come with HID. Thanks for your response.

Does anyone know how it accomplishes the high beam? It says "..utilize a single HID light source to provide both low and high beam functions (bi-directional)..."

Does anyone know what exactly that means?

Thanks

My aftermarket HIDs have to elements withing the bulb & 2 separate ballasts (1 for low, 1 for high) for each bulb. I imagine that the OEM ones are set up similarly just packaged within the head light housing.

Does anyone know how it accomplishes the high beam? It says "..utilize a single HID light source to provide both low and high beam functions (bi-directional)..."

Does anyone know what exactly that means?

Thanks

The focusing element ("reflector") moves to give the hi and low beam settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Just me, but why wire in the extra stuff to complicate the system? The extra "chunk" in the headlight lens detracts from the retro look IMO. I mean does the the light output get that much better? I may be just use to old vehicles, but $995 is 1/6 the way to a s/c, haha! Thats whats cool we all do what we do...Good job on the install thats cool. :headspin:

Well I just finished the install of the STEEDA kit. I was a little nervous taking the front bumper cover off but I got over it as I realized how simple it is. Well worth the price.

BEFORE

BeforeHIDHeadlights001.jpg

DURING

HIDCONVERSION008.jpg

AFTER

HIDCONVERSION013.jpg

Did you make the lower radiator screen or get from someone? I like it.

Archived