TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2008 Alloy/Silver stripes

IM 500HP

post-11520-1201144805_thumb.jpg

I've been dreaming about this car since I was 10, when I was delivering the LA Times on my paper route every morning in Torrance, California. I'd see it every morning with it's scoops and big tires. To me it was so out of reach.

Now I have it.

:headspin:

I picked it up December 8th. It's taken me this long to stop looking at it and post.

Life is good!

I've been dreaming about this car since I was 10, when I was delivering the LA Times on my paper route every morning in Torrance, California. I'd see it every morning with it's scoops and big tires. To me it was so out of reach.

Now I have it.

:headspin:

I picked it up December 8th. It's taken me this long to stop looking at it and post.

Life is good!

Congrats, your car looks great. Have you done any mods ?

Did you know that you posted this in the SGT / GT-H section ?

Edit: I moved it to the GT500 arrival forum.

My second choice was your color combo...I would have been happy with either (mine is vapor w/ black stripes). I know what you mean by getting your dream car. I've been researching this particular model since the prototype first came out. Also had a friend back in the 70s who's dad had a 67 Elanor that I never thought I would ever come close to having. It's a great feeling. I still can't go more than an hour without looking out the window at my GT500. This is just plain worship.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ALLOY with Satin Silver Stripes :dreamy:

I too have dreamed for a cool car for a long time. Your car looks great with the lower tail end and the painted Shelby style side scoop. In Jan 2008 I saw alloy/satin silver in Las Vegas, license plate read 'PACIFIC.' It had GT500 wheels and the rear end had not been lowered.

Please let me know where you purchased the 18x9/18x10 GT40 style Wheels. I could not find them on Carroll Shelby Wheels or tirerack. I would like to keep the ride as smooth as possible, staying with an 18" wheel rather than 20", but need a wheel that fits big brakes.

post-9205-1206255482_thumb.jpg

post-9205-1206255482_thumb.jpg

Archived