TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another brake upgrade thread

OK. I know this has been discussed ad-infinitum... but...

I like my 18"ers. I like the black bullitts,. I really don't want to go to 20".

Will the BAER brake upgrade fit under the "stock" 18" bullitt rims or the Razors?

I think I may get the black or anthricite razors in the spring because they look great on our cars. Either way, I want to upgrade the brakes before adding possible Paxton in '09. :headspin:

I've read a lot of threads where the discussions go back and forth and I just want the facts...

Kinda slow, I guess. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

OK. I know this has been discussed ad-infinitum... but...

I like my 18"ers. I like the black bullitts,. I really don't want to go to 20".

Will the BAER brake upgrade fit under the "stock" 18" bullitt rims or the Razors?

I think I may get the black or anthricite razors in the spring because they look great on our cars. Either way, I want to upgrade the brakes before adding possible Paxton in '09. :headspin:

I've read a lot of threads where the discussions go back and forth and I just want the facts...

Kinda slow, I guess. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

My reply here will be "no". The stock SGT Bullitt 18" wheel will not fit with the smallest of the Bear 14" upgrade kits, the GT-Plus from SPP.

The problems isn't with the 18" ID of the wheel, it lies in the offset, the distance between the mouting hub and the center of the wheel. The OEM/SGT Bullitt wheel is a 45mm offset, and you need 50mm or greater for caliper clearance with the wheel spokes.

If you're just looking for bling, with an occassional on-ramp romp, you can opt to use "spacers" to gain this clearance. However, I do not recommed spacers if you are routinely into driving the twisties, or, plan to track the car on a closed track.

My reply here will be "no". The stock SGT Bullitt 18" wheel will not fit with the smallest of the Bear 14" upgrade kits, the GT-Plus from SPP.

The problems isn't with the 18" ID of the wheel, it lies in the offset, the distance between the mouting hub and the center of the wheel. The OEM/SGT Bullitt wheel is a 45mm offset, and you need 50mm or greater for caliper clearance with the wheel spokes.

If you're just looking for bling, with an occassional on-ramp romp, you can opt to use "spacers" to gain this clearance. However, I do not recommed spacers if you are routinely into driving the twisties, or, plan to track the car on a closed track.

Kinda what I thought. Is there no option other than spacers (no way) OR 20's? :censored:

Does anyone have any information on brake packages available for the cs56 wheel?

http://shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem...56%20wheel.aspx

The description says "Designed to fit large aftermarket 6 piston brake packages in today's popular 18x9.5 sizes", but I heard that the the Shelby/Baer kit would not work.

Info. is appreciated.

Archived