TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Update on 2008 SGT/SC production

Dig-It

First I'd like to thank you all for allowing me a place to vent and for putting up with my PSDS induced whining. Driven by my condition, I made a few phone calls and spoke with some very knowledgeable folks about the state things.

For anyone else that doesn’t already have the info:

2008 SGT/SC – Whipple: Whipple had to make a slight modification to the air box to receive CARB certification. The design has been submitted and certification is expected within a week to two weeks. Allow another week to two weeks for mass production of the new air box, and Ford Racing Performance Parts should have the supercharger kits within three to four weeks. Shelby Autos should have them then or soon after.

2008 SGT/SC – Paxton: Due to FoMoCo PCM programming updates between the 2007 and 2008 model year, Paxton is still working out PCM program issues and hope to have a solution delivered to Shelby Autos within one to two weeks (three to four weeks on the “very conservative side”)

One thing I wished I had remembered to ask after speaking with the last company I called:

How many SGT/SC’s are sitting out there in Las Vegas waiting on these two supercharger companies to get their products delivered?

Then again, production numbers on the 2007 SGT/SC’s haven’t been disseminated yet either. Or for that matter, how many 2007’s were black and how many were white? How many 2008 coupes were made? How many were convertibles? I sure can’t wait for the SGT registry to come out! I really can’t wait to get my car! Thanks for reading – sorry to ramble.

Dig-It

One thing I wished I had remembered to ask after speaking with the last company I called:

How many SGT/SC’s are sitting out there in Las Vegas waiting on these two supercharger companies to get their products delivered?

Dig-It

If you are looking for an informal count, mine is there waiting on a Paxton. Thanks for making the phone calls and gathering the information you have. Jim

:hysterical2: None they are still Shelby GTs. :hysterical2:

Your right, they are still SGT's. I didn't think calling them "Pre-op SGT/SC's" would be right.

For all: No prob. I figured that there were others that weren't in the know, so after I satisfied my own curiosity, I thought I would share what I found out – misery loves company, right?

Michael: That would be great! I know I’m not alone in saying that it’d be cool to see these cars start rolling out. Please do me another favor though and ask him how many SGT’s he has sitting out there waiting for SC’s.

I hope the Paxton SC cars are not delayed for another 3 to 4 weeks. I am scheduled to take museum delivery of my 08 SGT/SC vert on Feb 1st. The entire trip is set for the drive on Route 66(as much as possible) all the way back to Louisiana. Three weeks ago Bud said that he would have the new program for the 08's by now. SAI has not contacted me yet to try and cancel or reschedule.

I hope the Paxton SC cars are not delayed for another 3 to 4 weeks. I am scheduled to take museum delivery of my 08 SGT/SC vert on Feb 1st. The entire trip is set for the drive on Route 66(as much as possible) all the way back to Louisiana. Three weeks ago Bud said that he would have the new program for the 08's by now. SAI has not contacted me yet to try and cancel or reschedule.

I sure hope SAI calls you if it's not ready! My '07 didn't come until September and I ordered it in early December.

GOOD LUCK......... I love the car!!!!

:hysterical2: None they are still Shelby GTs. :hysterical2:

....I feel you pain though. I waited 5 months for my Shelby GT to become a /SC.

Is there a Shelby package to add on a SC from the factory? I mean is it recognized as an official, numbered item like our cars? It would be helpful to get the breakdown on price per each item if it is not a package.

I do plan on getting a SC in mine, but I don't want to advertise to potential contenders. I like the element of suprise :snake:

I talked to SAI today and my car will not be completed by Feb 1st as promised. I am going to do the musuem delivery and drive the car on my trip as planned. Bud is trying to make it right. The car will be shipped back ASAP to get the SC.

Don't make plans for delivery until the car is completed.

I talked to SAI today and my car will not be completed by Feb 1st as promised. I am going to do the musuem delivery and drive the car on my trip as planned. Bud is trying to make it right. The car will be shipped back ASAP to get the SC.

Don't make plans for delivery until the car is completed.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that! I know it isn't Bud's or SAI's fault - they're at the mercy of their suppliers. I'm sure you'll still have a blast in Las Vegas and all the way home!

Kurgan, the SAI installed Paxton SC's have a Shelby logo placard on the SC itself (not sure about the Whipple). The "package" is pretty much the kit you can buy from either SC company. All though, the "Shelby GT" stripes on the side of the car get replaced with "Shelby GT/SC" stripes. Somebody else please chime in and let me know if I got that right.

Archived