TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who's going to Tulsa 12-15 Jun. 2008?

LuLu

Jean and I well be there. Tulsa is are home. We found each other on Brookside drive. We have are room and are really looking forward to it.

We where there back in 2000 where we had a 66 Fairlane and won in are class in drag racing and took second in are class in the car show. This time we are just going to bring the car and have a great time. Want to meet everyone we can and see some old friend's.

I will be there all week, have my room reserved (holiday inn) and have a spot reserved in the Shelby Driving School as well. A few of us located in the Dallas area are trying to get a convoy of Shelby's and/or other Fords to head up from Quantum Performance. I am really looking forward to this event. Can't wait to meet the fellow board members.

Adam

Steve,

Here is some of the information. Sorry didn't know you could not access the shortcuts.

If you own a Ford Powered Shelby or any other Ford Powered Car and want to maximize your driving skills, consider signing up for the Team Shelby Driving School at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. This event consists of classroom instruction followed by putting a professional driver in your navigator seat to teach you how to get the most out of your car. This event is open to the first 40 cars only. Cost is $200.00.

This is the registration form. Hope you can access the link. www.midamericafordmeet.com/Support_docs/Driving_School_Registration_Form.doc

Other Information from midamericafordmeet.com (long read)

Thursday

Thursday begins with the Ford Mustang Open Track Venue brought to you by Dynatek Racing at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit located approximately 40 minutes from the hotel. Registration is from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and the track closes at 5:00 pm. A daily schedule/timetable will be available at registration. This hi-speed Open Track Venue is designed for beginner to expert level drivers. All drivers have ample opportunity to enjoy the open track experience. In addition, the Open Track Venue provides an excellent opportunity for sponsors to reach their customers via displays and prepared public announcements. A swap meet area is a magnet for vintage and new parts and an excellent place for enthusiasts to network. The track will be selling tickets to all spectators who are not name tag wearing participants for $15 per person.

For more information including a daily schedule check out the Hallett Event Locations page and the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit- Procedures and Rules.

Registration will be open at the Marriott from 2:00 pm until 5:00 pm.

After returning to the hotel, Ford enthusiasts can join in on the Cruise-in Tulsa event. The cruise-in ends up at a multi block area of Peoria Avenue in front of the Sonic Drive-In. This is located in the heart of the historic Brookside area of Tulsa. In addition, enthusiasts can attend a trade show of Ford Parts and Memorabilia at the hotel.

FridayFriday brings another day of Open Track for all levels of drivers at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. Registration is from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and the track closes at 5:00 pm. A daily schedule/timetable will be available at registration. Spectators will enjoy one vintage exhibition race and one late model exhibition race. The track will be selling tickets to all spectators who are not name tag wearing participants for $15 per person.

For more information including a daily schedule check out the Hallett Event Locations page and the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit- Procedures and Rules.

Registration will be open at the Marriott from 2:00 pm until 5:00 pm.

After returning to the hotel, Ford enthusiasts are greeted with a sponsor reception and art and memorabilia show. The reception features a light dinner and allows all sponsors to display their products and services in a trade show environment.

Saturday

On Saturday the drivers have a choice of venues. Drivers can enjoy another day of Open Track racing or switch to Drag Racing at Tulsa Raceway Park. The the gates open at 8:00 am and close at 5:00 pm at the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. No registration will be available at Hallett on Saturday.

So choosing driver's can enjoy a day of drag racing a the Tulsa Raceway Park located 15 minutes. from the hotel. As with the hi-speed open track venue, all levels of drivers are welcome and accommodated. The gates open at 8:00 am and registration will close at 11:30 am. YOU MUST ARRIVE AT THE TRACK BY 10:00 A.M. IF YOU WISH TO RACE.

Numerous brackets are established for all performance levels of Ford powered vehicles. With plenty of display space, Tulsa Raceway Park provides an excellent opportunity for sponsors to reach their customers via displays and prepared public announcements. The swap meet area is a magnet for vintage and new parts and an excellent place for enthusiasts to network.

The track will be selling tickets to all spectators who are not name tag wearing participants for $15 per person. Those event participants that have not picked up their event packets and name tags will need to go to the registration tent at the gate to pick them up. Registration will be closing at 11:30.

For more details check out the Tulsa Raceway Park Event Locations page and the Tulsa Raceway Park- Procedures and Rules.

After returning to the hotel, enthusiasts are invited to attend the Mid America Ford and Team Shelby Evening Banquet and Program. The banquet features a full dinner, hundreds of door prizes, special guest speakers from the world of Ford, event video preview, and has even featured a new car unveiling.

Sunday

Sunday is the final day of the event. The final day opens with the All Ford Super Show brought to you buy Classic Design Concepts. The All Ford Super Show is free to the spectators. We have over 40 classes for all Ford powered vehicles. For a complete list of classes, check out the 2nd page of the 34th Registration Form. This show features one of the largest gatherings of vintage and late model Mustangs, Ford powered street machines, race cars, and classics in the country. This show has limited spots so register soon!

Mid America Ford and Team Shelby Nationals closes with an Awards and Trophy Presentations.

I'm in, but I'm curious about the driving school. If I am #41 to sign up and I've already sent my money...what is the process of getting a refund?

I got this info from the website. Contact David Apgar at (405) 946-3382 or email at david@midamiericafordmeet.com for any questions.

Adam

For those of you who missed my initial posting, I live in Tulsa (actually Broken Arrow) and I'm having a barbecue on Friday night during the Tulsa Classic weekend. Amy and Gary from SAI plan on attending and if we're lucking and he comes to the Classic, we'll shanghai Carroll.

It sure would be a sight to see SGT's parking up and down the street!

Send me an email if you're interested in attending.

jdl57@cox.net

For those of you who missed my initial posting, I live in Tulsa (actually Broken Arrow) and I'm having a barbecue on Friday night during the Tulsa Classic weekend. Amy and Gary from SAI plan on attending and if we're lucking and he comes to the Classic, we'll shanghai Carroll.

jdl57@cox.net

That is an awsome idea. I am sure this info will be asked 100 more times until June. At this point you can count me in for the bbq.

jdl57@cox.net

..excluding us gt500 guys huh???? :waiting::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I think my wife and I will be going. I'm trying to figure out how many days she can do before she gets bored--I'm thinking about 2 or 3 for this year. I assume the weekend is the time to be there if you are only coming for some of the event, although the Weds. driving school sure sounds good. I'm thinking about travelling through Tennesee and hitting Memphis for some blues either on the way to or from.

With this being my wife's birthday weekend, and Father's Day, I sadly won't be able to make it. I'm lucky I go tot go to the B-Day bash so I guess too much Shelby excitement in one year might be bad for me.

I am planning on going to the MO Event in April to kick off my Car Show Season!

-Jeff

Archived