TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Maintenance program denied on Shelbys?

DubbsFaris

I just got a letter from my dealer, and it says something about maintenance being provided on all Fords for 12k or the first year for free. You know- oil changes and greasing and that kind of stuff.

Well they said they just received notification from Ford that the Shelbys do not qualify for this, but the service manager inserted 4 free oil change certificates to make up for it in the letter.

My question is, Ford would have my (not that I have one) Focus in for free, but they arent willing to do that for my GT500? What is up with that? Anyone else hear this?

:stirpot:

I just got a letter from my dealer, and it says something about maintenance being provided on all Fords for 12k or the first year for free. You know- oil changes and greasing and that kind of stuff.

Well they said they just received notification from Ford that the Shelbys do not qualify for this, but the service manager inserted 4 free oil change certificates to make up for it in the letter.

My question is, Ford would have my (not that I have one) Focus in for free, but they arent willing to do that for my GT500? What is up with that? Anyone else hear this?

:stirpot:

hmmmm, I never even heard of the 12k maintainance!, nor did I get a letter staing the disqualification!

Oil changes for the Shelby at dealerships have run from $74-$110. (it's the price of the oil that jacks it up)

I'd sure as heck hang on to those oil change coupons.

I switched filters though this last time to a K&N HP2010 and going to see how it does.

Archived