TEAM SHELBY FORUM

351 Boss intake and valve covers

:headspin: I'm getting a very nice set of oringinal valve covers one stock and one sevice replacemnent valve covers from 71, and a mint condition intake that was painted blue. question is how due i get blue paint off without hurting the intake as I will be selling shortly to help raise money for SS hood cost and paint. Thanks for any info, mickey

• 1 month later...
:headspin: I'm getting a very nice set of oringinal valve covers one stock and one sevice replacemnent valve covers from 71, and a mint condition intake that was painted blue. question is how due i get blue paint off without hurting the intake as I will be selling shortly to help raise money for SS hood cost and paint. Thanks for any info, mickey

Best bet would be bead blasting it ( aka media blasting ) I think they use walnut shells on motor parts if you where to use a grit type media it will have a shine to it. the other method gives it the satin type finish. If not able to blast it you could just use some painter stripper. A good place to check for that kind of stuff is the Eastwood company. They have a variety of restoration stuff.

I now have them but need to clean them up for sale, very nice condition, might just load em ebay for quick sale and let them clean em up , should be able to get 600 easy. Thanks for the idea that would be the easiest I think, Later Mickey

Archived