TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Side stripe question???

jason427

Is this one of those "made you look gotchas"? It's 18 degrees in the garage but I peeked anyway. My letters are the same and cutout of the stripe material to reveal the paint. Man is it cold out there :)

Okay, I'll bite! I went out to look too and it's 17 degrees here (45 in the detached garage). Both of my stripes where the GT500 is is a one piece decal. No paint shows through around the "GT500" on either side. There is a probably a thread covering this already and I missed it.

I did not check the rest of the side stripes but no cut out for me on this red stripe package.

Stent

One side stripe, the one that says GT500 along the rocker, includes the black background in the sticker, the other side the white is cut out and the black paint of the car shows through????

Anyone else have this?

Jason

Jason, you made me look! I just checked my car and it is just the striping sticker on each side.

The original GT500 side decals were vinyl cutouts but people were loosing them in car washes, etc. The new ones are one piece decals. I think it is strange that you have one old one and one new one, unless one was replaced at some point and the new sticker is what you got.

The original GT500 side decals were vinyl cutouts but people were loosing them in car washes, etc. The new ones are one piece decals. I think it is strange that you have one old one and one new one, unless one was replaced at some point and the new sticker is what you got.

Ah ha!!!

This is one of those trivia facts for lore. In 2052, some guy will be at a car show and say "that's an early '07 because it has the vinyl cutout stripe". Everyone around him will look at him like. :huh:

Great info mr Dog...I never would have guessed that.

Dave

One side stripe, the one that says GT500 along the rocker, includes the black background in the sticker, the other side the white is cut out and the black paint of the car shows through????

Anyone else have this?

Jason

Can you post a picture of each stripe? :camera:

One piece stripe with no cut out. Perfect body color match.

Regards,

Are you saying that the red background around the GT500 name is actually part of the stripe now?

On my car they are all individual pieces. :headscratch:

Archived