TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT/SC's with Paxton - Novi 1200 or 2200?

The Shelby Performance Parts catalog states that the Novi 1200 is used for the 462 hp High Output system while the Paxton Supercharger website states that the Novi 2200 is used for their 470 hp H.O. system.

Which Novi blower does one receive when the SAI Mod shop installs the Paxton supercharger kit?

The Shelby Performance Parts catalog states that the Novi 1200 is used for the 462 hp High Output system while the Paxton Supercharger website states that the Novi 2200 is used for their 470 hp H.O. system.

Which Novi blower does one receive when the SAI Mod shop installs the Paxton supercharger kit?

NOVI 1200 with H2O intercooler

Yes with a tune. The canned tune seemed to be very conservative. I took my car to the tuner just to make sure the car was healthy because I had some issues. He said it was fine but a very conservative tune. I told him to keep the car safe but a few more horsepower wouldn't hurt.

The final result was 441 RWHP and 399 RWTq. Using the more coservative 15% factor that comes out to 501HP at the crank. There are others who have reported 500+ but I am happy with mine.

I have the Novi 2200 (non shelby) which requires some mods to get it to work on the GT. I basically had to re-route one of the intercooler pipes so it would clear the massive sway bar. A 90degree elbow and some extra time was all it required.

I am getting 499HP and 440TQ at the wheels.

My confusion was cleared up yesterday when I learned that the Paxton Novi 1200 sc kit that Shelby Performance Parts sells comes with an intercooler and a unique tune for Shelby worth the extra 42 hp. That just seems to make a good thing better IMO.

i like to get the paxton but i wont be able to send the SGT to SAI as its the only vehicle i own. could they ship it to me and could i have Ford dealership install it?

Yes. You can order the kit from Shelby Performance Parts and have it shipped to you. Then you, or anyone of your choosing, can install it.

Archived