TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Issue with side stripes

2006GT500

I have noticed multiple small air bubbles on my passenger side stripe. If this happened to your car would you have Ford replace the stripe or just live with it? I'm not really sure I want to go through the trouble of having them take it off and then risk having them screw it up putting it back on.

I have noticed multiple small air bubbles on my passenger side stripe. If this happened to your car would you have Ford replace the stripe or just live with it? I'm not really sure I want to go through the trouble of having them take it off and then risk having them screw it up putting it back on.

I'd fix it-it is probably just going to get worse. And if you fix it sooner rather than later your chances of a better match are better because it will weather/age with the rest of them. Be careful they use the stripes for the right year-someone posted they were slightly different on some colors depending on the model year.

I had a similar problem with two small bubbles. One I easily got rid of by pushing the air out by pressing on it (edge of stripe). The other I used a small needle to punch a small hole and pressing on it to get rid of the extra air.

Archived