TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Guitar

2006GT500

I'm a guitar and a shelby freak and I even owned a Shelby GT guitar but having said that, I can say for certain that I will not be buying one of the KR giutars for $5600.

I still plan on building a strat to match my vista blue with tungsten stripe GT 500...and I will have a lot less in mine than $5600.

CB

While my dad was at the dealership today he asked the salesman we use about it and he called Shelby directly and they told him that there are 3 Fender guitars that Shelby has licensed. This being the second one, I wonder what the third will be.

it may have been the 40th Cobra guitar, back in 2002

This is a better quality guitar. It is American made and it is a three pickup strat, more like the traditional strats. That said the SGT guitar is no piece of junk. I own one and love it however it isn't the same quality as the KR guitar. However, 100 less and slightly better quality doesn't make up for the price difference. My dad has purchase many custom shop fender guitars for thousands less that this one and some of those are 1 of 1.

I just ordered mine!!! Thanks a ton to you guys for being Johnny on the spot to give us the info to jump on this...and thank you MM for making it happen!

You people ROCK! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

i know its still ALOT of money, but i will order it for you thru the dealership. just talked to the lady and she said that theres not many left. so im thinking i would need to order them in the next day or so if anyone wants me to. the SGT guitar was made in Mexico and this is made in the states. last year i asked how much to get one of the SGT guitars and have it signed by CS. they told me 10k!!!

i swear they said 10k! and i case yall are wandering i DID NOT order one.

michael morris

for that price it should be signed by Mr. Shelby

If you look at the bottom stripe on the front of the guitar, it has his signature...

I know it is a copy, but whatever...you can get him to sign it at the next function.

I'm a guitar and a shelby freak and I even owned a Shelby GT guitar but having said that, I can say for certain that I will not be buying one of the KR giutars for $5600.

I still plan on building a strat to match my vista blue with tungsten stripe GT 500...and I will have a lot less in mine than $5600.

CB

I also bought the Shelby GT guitar, and it will now be going on ebay! That way it will be half price for me to buy this one! And since it is an American made strat, and come from the custom shop...it will be more collectible.

Great idea on the custom to match your car...fender will do it for a price...but the problem I ran into when I asked, they will not apply any ford or shelby logos without approval from both camps...and at best you would end up with a standard strat that is painted by fender, so if you are gonna add the other stuff anyway, I would just buy a standard american strat, remove the hardware and have a custom paint job done at a good artist workshop. Oh wait, Im already doing that! I love it when a plan comes together! But great minds do indeed think alike! :happy feet:

I am also a guitar collector and my dad and I have a dozen or so guitars that include a '59 reissue les paul, '64 ES 330, Custom Shop Chris Fleming Nocaster thinline relic, Custom shop Relic '65 Strat, Shelby GT guitar, I've also had the first run Joe Perry Les Paul, and had one of the more recent Jimmy Page Les Pauls. I've owned numerous Martin's, Gibsons, and Fenders and would love to have this guitar, but just don't think that it's worth the price. I mean for that price you could get a really nice '59 reissue Les Paul. Heck most Custom shop Fenders are one of a kind and don't cost that much. I'm definitely jealous of the fact that you're getting one, I just can't justify ponying up the cash for it.

I am also a guitar collector and my dad and I have a dozen or so guitars that include a '59 reissue les paul, '64 ES 330, Custom Shop Chris Fleming Nocaster thinline relic, Custom shop Relic '65 Strat, Shelby GT guitar, I've also had the first run Joe Perry Les Paul, and had one of the more recent Jimmy Page Les Pauls. I've owned numerous Martin's, Gibsons, and Fenders and would love to have this guitar, but just don't think that it's worth the price. I mean for that price you could get a really nice '59 reissue Les Paul. Heck most Custom shop Fenders are one of a kind and don't cost that much. I'm definitely jealous of the fact that you're getting one, I just can't justify ponying up the cash for it.

Well, The clapton crossroads guitar they want 20k for, and I already got the double neck page. With the wonderful tax rebate the govt is gonna throw at me, how could I resist? (insert sarcasm)

Archived