TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Removal of Shelby dash plaque

carrera

Anyone have any experience removing a shelby dash plaque once it is adhered to the dash. I installed one before I fell in love with the SS package and want to remove it to save before my car gets shipped to Shelby for the conversion. It's like when you got your girl friends name tattoed on your arm and then changed girl friends. Oh well! :banghead:

I'd try a hair dryer or heat gun to try to loosen the glue, I'd use a thin plastic scraper you can buy at yout local Home Depot to gently get under the edge and start to pry it up gently.

If you can't get the scraper in try fishing line that also works well.

I've used both methods on fender emblems etc. and they worked great but I have never done this on a dash plaque.

+1. The air dryer worked for me for the door sills and SHELBY lettering in the back. However, if this does not work, I would simply make sure that the folks at SAI slavage the current plaque when they do the conversion and install the new one; they probably will have that same request from many owners anyway.

Anyone have any experience removing a shelby dash plaque once it is adhered to the dash. I installed one before I fell in love with the SS package and want to remove it to save before my car gets shipped to Shelby for the conversion. It's like when you got your girl friends name tattoed on your arm and then changed girl friends. Oh well! :banghead:

+1, hot air will loosen the glue...worked for me.....

Archived